For D.J. Foster, The Clock is Ticking for the 2016 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
For D.J. Foster, The Clock is Ticking for the 2016 Season

Steve Balestrieri

he's missed nearly all of training camp with a lingering hamstring issue, Foster will have to make a big impression to make the team.

Continue reading...

Practice squad possibility - doubt anyone would want this guy given the lack of training camp visibility

With Lewis sidelined, there is greater attention on backup for White. I wouldn't rule out Foster.

This guy was so impressive very early on. I was hoping he'd contribute.

My hope is that they are stashing him away to keep him healthy. He most likely is missing costly reps and will slide through to the practice squad or go to IR.

One thing I don't like about DJ Foster is his WR built...I have very hard time imagining him blocking anybody in his current state. There is more to being an effective 3rd down back than just catching the football Blocking is equally important on some occasions.

With Lewis sidelined, there is greater attention on backup for White. I wouldn't rule out Foster.

Unless D.J. Foster sets the world on fire this week and next I cannot make a case for him on our 53. That said I think Jame White's back-up is Brandon Bolden who's kinda hit or miss in the catching department. I hope Boldin puts its all together this year BB seems to like him.

Unless D.J. Foster sets the world on fire this week and next I cannot make a case for him on our 53. That said I think Jame White's back-up is Brandon Bolden who's kinda hit or miss in the catching department. I hope Boldin puts its all together this year BB seems to like him.
Agree with you on Bolden. He's 26 and presumably healthy. This should be a career year if the opportunity presents itself. I could even see him as more of a lead back.

Last edited:
My hope is that they are stashing him away to keep him healthy. He most likely is missing costly reps and will slide through to the practice squad or go to IR.

I think he is destined to be stashed to IR.

Foxboro Flu should hit him around Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

Right now it is Blount to run, White to catch, and Bolden backing up each of them. From what we've seen, Gaffney offers less than Bolden right now, so I would only keep 3 RBs (Gafney and Foster PS eligible). If he wants another back, Foster competes with Gaffney. Foster is small, but a real receiving threat with play making ability. What they really need is a big back who can run, block and catch. That guy is not on the roster. Yet.

Hard to see us going with only 3 backs. Too much pounding at the position. I think the 4th will be Gaffney or someone not on the team now.

No need for the Foxboro Flu, there is room on the PS and if White goes down he could be an option.

Hard to see us going with only 3 backs. Too much pounding at the position. I think the 4th will be Gaffney or someone not on the team now.

No need for the Foxboro Flu, there is room on the PS and if White goes down he could be an option.
Unless he runs for 150 yards Friday, the 4th RB such as Gaffney could be on the PS. I would keep a more talented DL or CB over Gaffney.

That right I forgot that Gaffney is PS eligible? And DJ Foster is too having them on the P.S. would really be cool knowing you can have them in a pinch. This allows BB to be a little more creative with our roster selections.

Unless he runs for 150 yards Friday, the 4th RB such as Gaffney could be on the PS. I would keep a more talented DL or CB over Gaffney.
I don't know if they will just because that leaves you at essentially 2 Running backs with how poor Bolden has played on offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back