PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For all you fans of Profootball Focus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If there is isn't a more damning piece of evidence this site is is crap, all you have to do is look at their list of Offensive Player of the Year candidates. Guess where they list Brady on this list?

First? Nope, that is Rivers
Second? Wrong, that goes to Matty Ice
Third? Guess again, Aaron Rodgers is there
Fourth? Keep looking, that goes to Jamaal Charles
Fifth? Sorry, Nick Mangold is here
Sixth? EHHHHH! Drew Brees gets this spot
Seventh? Why would he be ranked this high when Michael Vick gets this spot
Eighth? No luck here, Jake Long gets this spot
Ninth? Why would they give this spot to Brady when RT Kareem McKenzie is more deserving
Tenth? Nope Brady doesn't make the top 10 because Andre Johnson is more deserving

In the Mix? Absolutely! Brady hasn't thrown a pick in seven weeks and has had near perfect games the last month which has earned him "In the Mix" honors.

Offensive Player of the Year: The Ice is melting | ProFootballFocus.com

What a joke. Anyone who ever uses any rankings for this site to prove a player is good or bad should automatically be banned for the site for using mindless stupidity to make an argument.

They have him on their MVP list instead. Nobody ever wins both.

And can we merge this to this

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...bashes-pats-accuses-pats-cheating-thread.html

Why? :confused: They're not the same thing, that makes no sense. Why not just merge every thread together

PFF sucks. There's really no rational for having Brees - a guy who has turned the ball over almost 5 times as often as Brady, over him. Vick? The guy who has played 3 games less? I've read their defensive / offensive mvp things all year, and they're good for a bit of a laugh, and not much more.

They have him on their MVP list instead. Nobody ever wins both.

And can we merge this to this

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...bashes-pats-accuses-pats-cheating-thread.html

So he is the MVP, but not one of the top 10 best offensive players of the year? If the logic was that because he is on the MVP list and he can't win both, why is he in the mix for Offensive Player of the Year? Why is Matt Ryan #1 on their MVP list and #2 on their Offensive Player of the Year list? Why is Philip Rivers #1 in the Offensive Player of the year and #3 MVP? Is it because they have Brady as a lock as their #2 on the MVP list that he doesn't deserve to be on the offensive list? They don't have Brady winning the MVP at this point.

The MVP Debate: It’s already decided, but shouldn’t be | ProFootballFocus.com

Let's face it. Profootball Focus sucks.

I also don't think this deserves to be merged. I am pointing out how crappy the site is, not that they are bashing Brady. If the Mods wants to create a "Useless websites with overrated statistics that some people act like they know what they are talking about" I would whole heartily encourage this thread to be merged in it.

Last edited:
The site is awful, especially since they started charging people and writing all these articles.

The bottom line is that they have to be contrarian in nature to be worth paying for. So they have some crappy opinions. And a crappy scouting method.

Last edited:
Why? :confused: They're not the same thing, that makes no sense. Why not just merge every thread together

PFF sucks. There's really no rational for having Brees - a guy who has turned the ball over almost 5 times as often as Brady, over him. Vick? The guy who has played 3 games less? I've read their defensive / offensive mvp things all year, and they're good for a bit of a laugh, and not much more.

PFF's articles are just a blog. No different than someone else in the media saying Favre ought to be the MVP this year.

PFF's stats on the other hand are unique.

We don't need twenty threads a day saying "hey look someone is disrespecting the Patriots"

PFF's articles are just a blog. No different than someone else in the media saying Favre ought to be the MVP this year.

We don't need twenty threads a day saying "hey look someone is disrespecting the Patriots"

I agree. We don't need 20 threads saying someone disrespected the Pats. That was not the point of this thread. It is to point out to people who treat this site as something that it isn't.

PFF's stats are unique. Stupid, useless, misleading, but unique.

Last edited:

The fact that they're unique doesn't make them valuable. I've pointed out several things to them where their stats are flat out wrong (IE, having people listed as playing in games on weeks they were inactive,etc), and they fix those examples when you point them out, but I'm sure there are more.

If you can't trust the underlying data, the analysis is worthless.

I don't like that site at all, and it's because of "Patriots hate" or whatever. Their stats are to subjective. QB pressure is a subjective stat. I get that stats don't tell the whole story but they have Kyle Williams as their defensive player of the year. He's a good player, but cmon now, don't give me that crap

Nick Mangolds the best player at his position and it's "not even close". Thats what it says. Now, Mangold is a flat beast. But Alex Mack dominated Vince Wilfork like no-one else, Mangold never got to him like he did. Urgh, i hate this site.

Last edited:
The fact that they're unique doesn't make them valuable. I've pointed out several things to them where their stats are flat out wrong (IE, having people listed as playing in games on weeks they were inactive,etc), and they fix those examples when you point them out, but I'm sure there are more.

THAT would be worth of a separate thread. As it would be a different topic. But this is not.

THAT would be worth of a separate thread. As it would be a different topic. But this is not.

Why? If Brady was the QB of the Jets and having the same year there, I would say the same thing about the site. I am pointing out the fact that Brady is having an incredible year and not even worthy to make their top 10 offensive players even over a RT shows the site is worthless. It has nothing to do with Brady basing. It has to do with the site sucking eventhough a lot of people around here use it as the Gold Standard (and people in the media do too with Florio on PFT and Dale Arnold on WEEI quoting them recently).

If you want, I can point out how stupid it is that they don't have Troy Polamalu in the top 10 or even "In the Mix" for Defensive Player of the Year or in the top 10 in the MVP race. Polamalu should be in the discussion of DPOY and MVP. PFF has him out of the discussion in both (well he got one vote to put him in last place in "In the Mix" for MVP behind 23 other players if you count the top 10 players and the "In the Mix" crowd)

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...player-of-the-year-tis-the-season-for-slumps/

Last edited:
If you want, I can point out how stupid it is that they don't have Troy Polamalu in the top 10 or even "In the Mix" for Defensive Player of the Year or in the top 10 in the MVP race. Polamalu should be in the discussion of DPOY and MVP. PFF has him out of the discussion in both (well he got one vote to put him in last place in "In the Mix" for MVP behind 23 other players if you count the top 10 players and the "In the Mix" crowd)

I wouldn't put Polamalu in the top 10. James Harrison I probably would. I think its tough to say the guy belongs in the DPOY conversation when hes not even the most important defensive player on his team.

I wouldn't put Polamalu in the top 10. James Harrison I probably would. I think its tough to say the guy belongs in the DPOY conversation when hes not even the most important defensive player on his team.

I agree that Harrison is having an incredible year too, but he is also not in the top 10 for DPOY or MVP.

What happened to that defense when Polamalu went out last year kind of says otherwise, they were sh*t without him the whole year. In the games he played in they were dominant.

What happened to that defense when Polamalu went out last year kind of says otherwise, they were sh*t without him the whole year. In the games he played in they were dominant.

What happened last year is irrelevant to this year's DPOY.

What happened last year is irrelevant to this year's DPOY.

Well, with the Jets* playing the Steelers Sunday and Polamalu out, let's hope that last year is irrelevant and the defense doesn't fall apart without him. Since I think the Pats will lock up the #1 seed in next week, I am not worried about the Steelers winning. I just would love to see the Jets* fall apart.

*Caught Cheating

Yeah, they're unique because they're wrong. Other sites make an effort to have stats that are actually accurate and tell you something.

Says the guy who makes a new thread about how much Randy Moss sucks just about every week.

Yeah, as far as proof that PFF is full of garbage, this is pretty high up there. There's no shortage of data supporting that conclusion, but this is pretty egregious.

Their grades for the Pats-Jets game, for instance, were just flat-out bad. I'm not a payer at that site, so I can only check the article. They had Mangold as owning Wilfork and Cunningham earning a negative grade. Having watched that game twice myself, I can say neither of those things were appropriate.

The bottom line is that if you're a pay member of that site, you are paying for someone no different than you or I to basically guess at what 22 people are doing, and make a judgement at who did their jobs right.

You are better off seeing what guys like AWTE, Box, Mayoclinic, Jays52, etc. say

They reward quarterbacks for throwing difficult passes, and they don't think Brady throws any difficult passes. They have literally called him a system quarterback before. Essentially, they're underrating him because he doesn't throw to guys that are completely covered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes