PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For all those who refused to believe that BJGE may be a better back than Maroney

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogamedogz

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hot Crow is served. Come'and get it boys!

eat-crow.jpg

Now this is some crow im sure you all will gladly eat... :)

I'll admit it I thought Maroney was better. I really believed people only likee BJGE because they hated Maroney so much. I was totally wrong, dude is solid.

Fine. Serve it up. I thought Maroney's athleticism would get him past his mental roadblocks and the Firm would serve as a solid backup. I stand corrected. :bricks:

They did have close seasons!

BJGE had 1008 yards while Maroney was just behind with 74 yards :rolleyes:

And he only played in 4 games!

Fine. Serve it up. I thought Maroney's athleticism would get him past his mental roadblocks and the Firm would serve as a solid backup. I stand corrected. :bricks:

+1

10 chars.

Maroney dances and BJGE runs hard...that already makes Lawfirm better.

Did I think Lawfirm would rush for 1,000 yards though?

Hell no.

Maroney dances and BJGE runs hard...that already makes Lawfirm better.

Did I think Lawfirm would rush for 1,000 yards though?

Hell no.

Maroney had a 1000 yard season too... only it was sideline to sideline yards.

Law firm doesn't have tons of speed or moves but he's patient, tough, and takes every hand off like it's his last. I always believed in Maroney and this season I predicted he would finally have a standout year as a Patriot. I didn't consider BJGE as a player to keep an eye on coming into this season but man has he played great...

Maroney in his first years had way more talent than Benny. Injuries took their toll on Maroney ... especially the chest cartilage tear. But why compare ... Benny has made the most of his ability he doesn't need to be compared to anyone but what he has the ability to do.

Maroney was playing in a pass first offense all the time he was here and was constantly injured. He's always gotten too much crap on this board and that's especially true here. BJGE is a north-south runner in an offense that's more balanced and is perfectly made for his abilities and has been incredibly lucky with injuries.

I will indulge in some crow, though. I never thought BJGE would get 1,000 yards. Kudos to him.

Last edited:
Havent been afraid to say Maroney and Moss sucked since I joined. The Moss apologists got pretty annoying when I had been calling him a POS dog for months.

Maroney was playing in a pass first offense all the time he was here and was constantly injured. He's always gotten too much crap on this board and that's especially true here.

Agreed. I never understood the hate for Maroney, and fail to grasp the constant need for fans to blast another Pats player, former or current (see the Woodhead/Faulk comparison threads) to celebrate the success of a current player. BJGE has had a great year. Compare it to the 13 games played by Maroney in 2007, and he is slightly under Maroney's game average. Different teams, different players. Not sure how a single season makes you a better player than another. It's enough to say BJGE is better than Maroney now.

As BJGE has been here for three years, and played second fiddle to Maroney and Taylor, I would never have predicted him enjoying this success. I am happy to be proven wrong on that.

I don't think anybody thought BJGE would even come close to 1000 yards. The guy plays hard, no question about that. The 1000 yard milestone was definitely well deserved.

Hard to imagine how the guy hasn't fumbled yet. I keep thinking he's due for a freak fumble but he continues to defy me. I hope he keeps that trend up.

I never liked Maroney... what really got to me was the dancing ..

Plus, I think Bill took a lot of his own personal time to try and coach him up, spending an hour 1:1 with him each week. However, it is more than apparent that the lessons were being given to a pupil who wasn't that bright or maybe, not determined enough to translate that knowledge into plays on the field.

Maybe Bill just gave up on him and decided it was time to ship him out.

Troy Brown was right!

The Maroney naysayers were right all along. Maroney is basically out of the league now. He is a fast running back with horrible vision and takes too long to hit the hole.

I'll eat my crow, I never though BJGE was really going to go anywhere, he just kept getting better and better though.

Maroney in his first years had way more talent than Benny. Injuries took their toll on Maroney ... especially the chest cartilage tear. But why compare ... Benny has made the most of his ability he doesn't need to be compared to anyone but what he has the ability to do.

Please don't make excuses for maroney....injuries were NOT the primary cause for his deficiencies in the NFL....he had trouble making reads, and hitting the hole quickly....one of the most indecisive backs I have ever watched. The dancing routine worked in college because the holes opened by the OL and Barber were HUGE....can't tap dance like that in the NFL and be successful....sad story...nice kid....BJGE was just a MUCH better, and tougher NFL player in the end...

I stuck by Maroney too long, mainly because I thought he deserved a chance after his injuries, and I underestimated the Lawfirm.

I'd probably do the same again if life provided do-overs, but I was clearly wrong.

Maroney never lived up to the hype of being a #1 pick.. if he was picked in the 4th or 5th round, peopel wouldn't have given him as much ****.

Problem with LM was he never got better, he actually got worse..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes