Welcome to PatsFans.com

For all our differences, what are we thankful for as we move into 2006.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Chevy, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Me, I'm thankful for the opportunity to rebuild my business and community.

I'm also thankful for those who chose to act rather than pontificate.

I'm also very thankful for the board upgrade that includes an ignore feature. :D
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2005
  2. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm thankful for my family's health

I'm thankful that I live in the USA

I'm thankful we have so many men and women committed and willing to stand up for what they believe in

I'm thankful for our constitution and all it provides us

I'm thankful for opportunity

I'm thankful for this board as it provides me with an entertaining way to discuss the pats AND politics in a casual way.
  3. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I'm thankful for freedom of speech and the right to give my opinion without being arrested.

I'm thankful that most people respond to my points without insulting or swearing at me. I am thankful that the same people have the good grace to accept that I am not perfect and sometimes offend people.

I'm thankful that I DON'T live in America (come on, I have to respond to Turd's post). :D

I'm thankful that most of us on the planet are decent people, including the majority of people on this forum

I'm thankful that I don't have to go through the year Chevy had, and that my place of work meant that I was never on a Tube train that would be bombed and that I was late getting in, and could get home on 7th July. I'm not happy that others had to live through those experiences.

I'm thankful for our Intelligence services who have since stopped attacks and the emergency services who responded so well on that day and saved others' lives.

I'm thankful for Miss Gomezcat, as it is our third "anniversary" tomorrow. I'm thankful that she reminds me that there is more to life than mulling over the improvement in Vince Wilfork's play, a rapidly improving secondary and the possible unearthing of a gem in Nick Kaczur.

I'm thankful to Gomez, my ex- feline owner, who allowed me to live with him for two years and his crazy but nice landlady. Gomez continues to keep her in line!

I'm thankful to you lot as well. You all make the board what it is and if I do make it over the pond, there are a couple of you it would be good to meet, and I don't just mean liberals either.
  4. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Congrats on your anniversary! Hope there are many more (anniversaries and low-round gems in the draft .. :D)
  5. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Thanks re the anniversary and I definitely agree with the low round thing. I don't know where they find 'em but someone knows what they are doing!