PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

For a game we supposedly were dominated ydg was 352-327...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfaninpa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Outgained by a whopping 25 yards. Actually, were ahead in yardage until their last futile drive. Splain that one to me Lucy?? I thought they marched up and down the field on us all day. And, stuffed us all day. Yet they gained 25 more f'n yards than us. Charger mistakes were blamed on Schottenheimer. Headbutt, Parker and McCree's fumble, Rivers fumble and int. Let's look at each play.

1. Strip sack by Vrabel on 4th and 11. Forced turnover not mistake.

2. Parkers fumble. Spann was hustling his a** off and dove for the ball trying to knock it loose. Yes, a dumb play by Parker. But, great effort by
Spann nonetheless.

3. Rosie's INT. What a play!! Oops, I forgot Pats don't have any good athletes or players. Just smart robots. Please. All-pro play right there!!

4. Troy Brown's strip of McCree. Bingo! Bingo!! He dit it again. Great poise and presence of mind. Hall of Fame play. By, a player who won't make it to Canton. But, should be in Pats Hall of Fame. Love the little guy.

I thought our guy made a couple of mistakes. I'm sure Brady would like to have his first two int's back. He was just trying to make a play on the 4th and five. He was also lucky they didn't get an int on first drive. Again, a throw I think he'd like to have back. I also remember him missing Graham for what would have probably been a td. He came thru when it counted at the end of the first half and in the last 5 minutes.But, not his best effort.

What I'm getting at is this. They just make mistakes. We had nothing to do with it?? Were just out their for the ride. They forced our mistakes. Not true.
Our guys aren't perfect. They make mistakes. Just don't let it get in their heads like most teams.

and TOP was just about the same right?

They led time of possession 30:54 to 29:06. They had more penalties ydg. 64-45.

They led time of possession 30:54 to 29:06. They had more penalties ydg. 64-45.

They also had the zebras erase two additional turnovers.

If Brady hadn't played like **** for the entire first half (minus the two minute drill) and most of the second half, Chargers wouldn't have been in the game.

Last edited:
The Chargers dominated the first half until the final drive, and then the second half was more Pats than Chargers, I thought. And the end was ALL Patriots. The three-n-out they put on the Chargers O after the Caldwell TD was an all-time killer defensive stop.

I really don't understand what some folks see when they watch games. It's like they all go to the Shawne Merriman school of watching football games.

Much of the reaction was based on field position (especially in the first half). The Chargers had a greater threat to score on their possesions because of the position they were in when starting drives. Thanks to a great Defense however, they were never really able to take full advantage of it.

The sum is greater than its parts. That is exactly how I feel the pats were able to pull this one off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back