Welcome to PatsFans.com

FOP going after McKinney

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by FreeTedWilliams, Apr 13, 2006.

1. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +91 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/8646957/detail.html

Now, this is why I pay dues!!!!

Look at her, if you saw that crazed look on the face of someone attacking you, she is lucky the cop didn't beat her into the ground.(joke)

I don't think they are going to have any luck with the second part, the bodyguard impersonating an officer.
  2. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

They should go after her. I'm as tired of politicians' self-importance and sense of entitlement as I am of athletes'. The dude was doing his job. I think a nice, mid-four figure donation to the PBA would be appropriate.
  3. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +160 / 4 / -4

She's a jerk, and I'm glad to see FTW, as conservative as he is, is a union man!
  4. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

So some person is running into congress, where there are hundreds of legislators and federal employees, refuse THREE orders to stop, and "putting a hand on her" is excessive force? I'd say the cop showed tremendous restraint. Remember, the cop could not assume she was a congressmen if he didn't know that for sure.
  5. Pujo

Pujo Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I think it's a hot potato politically and there's so much rhetoric it's tough to impartially judge this in the court of public opinion, but if there is primary evidence (like video tape) or reliable witnesses, then this CAN be judged in court, and should be. If she struck an officer, and it was not in self defense (it could only be self defense if the officer's actions were clearly unjustified), I'm not for letting her walk just because she made a stink about race. You know I'm the first to scream when I see the authorities abusing their police powers, but it has to be a two way street and authorities need to be respected & protected when they are properly doing their job.

If I decked a cop, I'd expect to be charged, and if she did, so should she.
  6. milwaukeebeers44

milwaukeebeers44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

She's been given the nickname "Zsa Zsa" by some columnists.

I think she (and her staff) have wisened up a bit. They saw that their little dog-and-pony show with the NAACP and NOW wasn't going to work, and she finally apologized.

NEM, I don't think that this can be just "dropped" simply because it sets a bad precident. No matter the outcome, though, I think that the Capitol Hill police are going to be a bit more hesitant from now on, which is a shame.
  7. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Of course what we are basing our opinions on is a limited supply of information, but based upon what has been made available including her past issues, she is a jerk who tried to cover up her nasty and uncalled for behavior by playing the race card she should get what is coming her way.
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -22

If this was the way the world worked in every courtroom they would be allowed to bring up all previous behavior whether it is relevant or not. I am not for or against what she did, just believe that justice should take its course and whatever the outcome is let her have her day in court. I have posted something previously that she may be immune due to an old law that says something to the effect that an elected federal representative cannot be impeded on their way to congress.
  9. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I was merely pointing out the obvious in our discussions here, GJAJ15.
    We, as posters here on this forum, post our opinions which are based upon what we have read or seen on the current event and what we know on the previous acts of the person in question. Previous acts / behavior may be relevant sometimes because they establish pattern. In no way, shape or form am I advocating that justice should not take its course.
    NEM believes it should be dropped, and at this point I belive she does as well, I do not.
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  10. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

Be that as it may, an elected federal representative must be willing to wear or show identification that he or she is, in fact, an elected federal representative.

And I doubt the law allows assault and battery.

Otherwise, screw it. No security going into the building.
  11. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +175 / 5 / -22

If I sounded offensive, did not mean to, just seems that a lot of folk on this board(and in this country) tend to be judge and jury on any situation. I am a believer in the judicial system for this type of case as I know she will be fairly represented, let justice take its course whatever the outcome is we all can live by it. It is similar to the Duke University case, it seems that a lot of folk are making too much out of it, let it run its course and see what happens. Too many folk on both sides are giving it way too much play.
  12. Turk

Turk Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

No worries, I was not offended, GJAJ15.
    My point is that there may be some good in this event getting blown up and attracting attention. If she really is such a jerk that keeps playing the race card every chance she gets, she should be exposed as such, or if what she is claiming (and then dropping) is the case, then the cop should get exposed as well and what better way to expose then to keep this case in the limelight because it is proven time and time again that our attention span in this country is nothing to brag about:)
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2006
  13. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Let the court decide her guilt/innocence.
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

She's an arrogant, trouble making, Racist B!tch.