PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Football Night in America

Status
Not open for further replies.

All_Around_Brown

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This halftime show really sux!! I just get back from Foxboro and expect a decent wrap up of the days game...what do I get??

Junk! Scan of a few plays with no game summaries ala and a couple shorts on things only a newcomer to the game would appreciate. A cursory and irrelevant high school football clip...and freaking Olbermann loving himself babbling about the ugly unis. How about some goddam insight into the days games??? Anything useful!!!

Damn this show is for people who really dont care about the NFL. Now we got effing espanole boy band. My god.

ABC stinks!!!

That said, Im tired cranky but loving the 2007 Pats Juggernaut.

abc??

but yeah, totally sucks...

This halftime show really sux!! I just get back from Foxboro and expect a decent wrap up of the days game...what do I get??

Junk! Scan of a few plays with no game summaries ala and a couple shorts on things only a newcomer to the game would appreciate. A cursory and irrelevant high school football clip...and freaking Olbermann loving himself babbling about the ugly unis. How about some goddam insight into the days games??? Anything useful!!!

Damn this show is for people who really dont care about the NFL. Now we got effing espanole boy band. My god.

ABC stinks!!!

ABC stinks!!!

To be fair, they do a TON of extensive highlights prior to the game. The halftime stuff is just a few little things.

Cris Collinsworth and Keith Olbermann are horrible, they need to be replaced.
After a few weeks I'm already irritated by these guys, I won't be able to stand an entire season with those two.

To be fair, they do a TON of extensive highlights prior to the game. The halftime stuff is just a few little things.

Right...Im going to bed. Guess Im just used to the ESPN fastest three minute jazz which I love.

Football Night in America sucks. I hate the people they have. Olbermann, Bettis and Collinsworth ugh...it makes me want to the throw up. I'd rather watch The Blitz, NFL Gameday on NFLN, the OT on Fox just for some high lights. I kind of like the Blitz on ESPNNews because they do the highlights and then talk about each game for a while. No useless crap like FNIA.

After a few weeks I'm already irritated by these guys, I won't be able to stand an entire season with those two.

Who ever thought the presense of Olbermann was a good idea should be fired. I could not stand him when he was on ESPN prior to becoming a flaming idiot on MSNBC.

I know they think they need to appeal to non football people but the half time coverage barely relates to football. The "Worst Person In The NFL", I would say it is the director of Football Night in America

Last edited:

Olbermann's fantastic. I agree on Collinsworth lately, but overall I think he's decent and interesting.

Who ever thought the presense of Olbermann was a good idea should be fired. I could not stand him when he was on ESPN prior to becoming a flaming idiot on MSNBC.

I know they think they need to appeal to non football people but the half time coverage barely relates to football. The "Worst Person In The NFL", I would say it is the director of Football Night in America

agreed, you don't watch the half-time highlight show to hear about Keith talk about uniforms....come on, I may not be the brightest bulb but i would think football fans are about the only ones that would watch a half-time show...kinda makes sense to me...

ABC stinks!!!

here is a column comparing it with the old nfl primetime show and i must say iagree
http://www.joesportsfan.com/column.php?storyid=689

You're joking, right..? A "TON of extensive highlights"..?!? This has got to be a joke... you're lucky to get 4 plays from any given game, and it usually isn't even that much.

I am totally serious... next week when FNA is on, count how many plays-per-game they show... it will be something like 3-3-3-4-2-4-4-3-3-3...

Last edited:
You're joking, right..? A "TON of extensive highlights"..?!? This has got to be a joke... you're lucky to get 4 plays from any given game, and it usually isn't even that much.

absolutely.they skip touchdowns in the middle of the game to get to the end.

I am totally serious... next week when FNA is on, count how many plays-per-game they show... it will be something like 3-3-3-4-2-4-4-3-3-3...

That article was right on.

I can't say whether they have a ton of highlights or not, I started watching but when Keith, who did the talking for the Pats clips said on Moss's incredible TD catch that the defense was no where to be found on the play I turned it off. Not sure what else that db could have done, except maybe blame his parents that he is not 5 inches taller.

BTW - The half time show consisted of maybe one play from each game that was no supported by any announcer, which I guess based on the pre-game highlights - I should be grateful

Last edited:
Football Night in America is pure garbage. Between the time the late game ends until the time the Sunday Night game begins the ONLY thing I want to see is HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE GAMES I COULDN'T WATCH.

WTF is so hard to figure out about this? I don't care what Bob Costas has to say, I don't care what Chris Colinsworth has to say, I don't even want to see Keith Olbermann.

SHOW THE HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE GAMES!!! THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO SEE...NOT SELF ABSORBED TALKING HEADS!!!

\rant

There is only so much room on a TV screen for unhappy horsed-faced white guys in love with the sound of their own voices. At least Collinsworth knows something about football.

Word is that execs are already unhappy. I wouldn't expect that NBCwould keep the show in its current format much longer. Too bad MSNBC, last in the ratings, never figured that out for Olbermann.

R

Last edited:
NBC should figure out how to steal Chris Berman and Tom Jackson and their producers from ESPN. Hey they were able to steal Madden and Michaels from Disney. No one does that Sunday night wrap up better than Berman and Jackson and I am not a huge fan of Jackson. Olbermann should stick to politics and his sparcely watched MSNBC program. I always thought Dan Patrick carried him on Sportscenter anyway.

NBC should figure out how to steal Chris Berman and Tom Jackson and their producers from ESPN. Hey they were able to steal Madden and Michaels from Disney. No one does that Sunday night wrap up better than Berman and Jackson and I am not a huge fan of Jackson. Olbermann should stick to politics and his sparcely watched MSNBC program. I always thought Dan Patrick carried him on Sportscenter anyway.

they should first reduce the number of people on the set ...too many heads discussing the same thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots