Welcome to PatsFans.com

Football Night in America

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by All_Around_Brown, Sep 23, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This halftime show really sux!! I just get back from Foxboro and expect a decent wrap up of the days game...what do I get??

Junk! Scan of a few plays with no game summaries ala and a couple shorts on things only a newcomer to the game would appreciate. A cursory and irrelevant high school football clip...and freaking Olbermann loving himself babbling about the ugly unis. How about some goddam insight into the days games??? Anything useful!!!

Damn this show is for people who really dont care about the NFL. Now we got effing espanole boy band. My god.

ABC stinks!!!

That said, Im tired cranky but loving the 2007 Pats Juggernaut.

2. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +264 / 1 / -1

abc??

but yeah, totally sucks...

3. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

To be fair, they do a TON of extensive highlights prior to the game. The halftime stuff is just a few little things.

4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Cris Collinsworth and Keith Olbermann are horrible, they need to be replaced.
    After a few weeks I'm already irritated by these guys, I won't be able to stand an entire season with those two.

5. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My bad....NBC of course. Told you I was beat...:bricks:

6. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Right...Im going to bed. Guess Im just used to the ESPN fastest three minute jazz which I love.

7. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +187 / 8 / -7

Football Night in America sucks. I hate the people they have. Olbermann, Bettis and Collinsworth ugh...it makes me want to the throw up. I'd rather watch The Blitz, NFL Gameday on NFLN, the OT on Fox just for some high lights. I kind of like the Blitz on ESPNNews because they do the highlights and then talk about each game for a while. No useless crap like FNIA.

8. sduncansca@yahoo.com

sduncansca@yahoo.com On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who ever thought the presense of Olbermann was a good idea should be fired. I could not stand him when he was on ESPN prior to becoming a flaming idiot on MSNBC.

I know they think they need to appeal to non football people but the half time coverage barely relates to football. The "Worst Person In The NFL", I would say it is the director of Football Night in America

Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  9. patsox23

patsox23 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Olbermann's fantastic. I agree on Collinsworth lately, but overall I think he's decent and interesting.

10. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +264 / 1 / -1

agreed, you don't watch the half-time highlight show to hear about Keith talk about uniforms....come on, I may not be the brightest bulb but i would think football fans are about the only ones that would watch a half-time show...kinda makes sense to me...

11. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,710 / 14 / -10

here is a column comparing it with the old nfl primetime show and i must say iagree
    http://www.joesportsfan.com/column.php?storyid=689

12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're joking, right..? A "TON of extensive highlights"..?!? This has got to be a joke... you're lucky to get 4 plays from any given game, and it usually isn't even that much.

I am totally serious... next week when FNA is on, count how many plays-per-game they show... it will be something like 3-3-3-4-2-4-4-3-3-3...

13. All_Around_Brown

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

14. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,710 / 14 / -10

absolutely.they skip touchdowns in the middle of the game to get to the end.

15. sduncansca@yahoo.com

sduncansca@yahoo.com On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That article was right on.

I can't say whether they have a ton of highlights or not, I started watching but when Keith, who did the talking for the Pats clips said on Moss's incredible TD catch that the defense was no where to be found on the play I turned it off. Not sure what else that db could have done, except maybe blame his parents that he is not 5 inches taller.

BTW - The half time show consisted of maybe one play from each game that was no supported by any announcer, which I guess based on the pre-game highlights - I should be grateful

16. JJDChE

JJDChE 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Football Night in America is pure garbage. Between the time the late game ends until the time the Sunday Night game begins the ONLY thing I want to see is HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE GAMES I COULDN'T WATCH.

WTF is so hard to figure out about this? I don't care what Bob Costas has to say, I don't care what Chris Colinsworth has to say, I don't even want to see Keith Olbermann.

SHOW THE HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE GAMES!!! THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO SEE...NOT SELF ABSORBED TALKING HEADS!!!

\rant

17. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

There is only so much room on a TV screen for unhappy horsed-faced white guys in love with the sound of their own voices. At least Collinsworth knows something about football.

Word is that execs are already unhappy. I wouldn't expect that NBCwould keep the show in its current format much longer. Too bad MSNBC, last in the ratings, never figured that out for Olbermann.

R

18. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4,254 / 46 / -16

NBC should figure out how to steal Chris Berman and Tom Jackson and their producers from ESPN. Hey they were able to steal Madden and Michaels from Disney. No one does that Sunday night wrap up better than Berman and Jackson and I am not a huge fan of Jackson. Olbermann should stick to politics and his sparcely watched MSNBC program. I always thought Dan Patrick carried him on Sportscenter anyway.

19. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,710 / 14 / -10

they should first reduce the number of people on the set ...too many heads discussing the same thing

20. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0