Welcome to PatsFans.com

Football Night in America

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by All_Around_Brown, Sep 23, 2007.

1. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This halftime show really sux!! I just get back from Foxboro and expect a decent wrap up of the days game...what do I get??

Junk! Scan of a few plays with no game summaries ala and a couple shorts on things only a newcomer to the game would appreciate. A cursory and irrelevant high school football clip...and freaking Olbermann loving himself babbling about the ugly unis. How about some goddam insight into the days games??? Anything useful!!!

Damn this show is for people who really dont care about the NFL. Now we got effing espanole boy band. My god.

ABC stinks!!!

That said, Im tired cranky but loving the 2007 Pats Juggernaut.
  2. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

abc??

but yeah, totally sucks...

3. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

To be fair, they do a TON of extensive highlights prior to the game. The halftime stuff is just a few little things.
  4. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

Cris Collinsworth and Keith Olbermann are horrible, they need to be replaced.
    After a few weeks I'm already irritated by these guys, I won't be able to stand an entire season with those two.
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My bad....NBC of course. Told you I was beat...:bricks:
  6. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Right...Im going to bed. Guess Im just used to the ESPN fastest three minute jazz which I love.
  7. Kdo5

Kdo5 Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Football Night in America sucks. I hate the people they have. Olbermann, Bettis and Collinsworth ugh...it makes me want to the throw up. I'd rather watch The Blitz, NFL Gameday on NFLN, the OT on Fox just for some high lights. I kind of like the Blitz on ESPNNews because they do the highlights and then talk about each game for a while. No useless crap like FNIA.
  8. sduncansca@yahoo.com

sduncansca@yahoo.com Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Who ever thought the presense of Olbermann was a good idea should be fired. I could not stand him when he was on ESPN prior to becoming a flaming idiot on MSNBC.

I know they think they need to appeal to non football people but the half time coverage barely relates to football. The "Worst Person In The NFL", I would say it is the director of Football Night in America
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2007
  9. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Olbermann's fantastic. I agree on Collinsworth lately, but overall I think he's decent and interesting.
  10. Halifax_Pats_Fan

Halifax_Pats_Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

agreed, you don't watch the half-time highlight show to hear about Keith talk about uniforms....come on, I may not be the brightest bulb but i would think football fans are about the only ones that would watch a half-time show...kinda makes sense to me...
  11. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

here is a column comparing it with the old nfl primetime show and i must say iagree
    http://www.joesportsfan.com/column.php?storyid=689
  12. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You're joking, right..? A "TON of extensive highlights"..?!? This has got to be a joke... you're lucky to get 4 plays from any given game, and it usually isn't even that much.

I am totally serious... next week when FNA is on, count how many plays-per-game they show... it will be something like 3-3-3-4-2-4-4-3-3-3...
  13. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

14. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

absolutely.they skip touchdowns in the middle of the game to get to the end.
  15. sduncansca@yahoo.com

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That article was right on.

I can't say whether they have a ton of highlights or not, I started watching but when Keith, who did the talking for the Pats clips said on Moss's incredible TD catch that the defense was no where to be found on the play I turned it off. Not sure what else that db could have done, except maybe blame his parents that he is not 5 inches taller.

BTW - The half time show consisted of maybe one play from each game that was no supported by any announcer, which I guess based on the pre-game highlights - I should be grateful
  16. JJDChE

JJDChE Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Football Night in America is pure garbage. Between the time the late game ends until the time the Sunday Night game begins the ONLY thing I want to see is HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE GAMES I COULDN'T WATCH.

WTF is so hard to figure out about this? I don't care what Bob Costas has to say, I don't care what Chris Colinsworth has to say, I don't even want to see Keith Olbermann.

SHOW THE HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE GAMES!!! THAT'S WHAT PEOPLE WANT TO SEE...NOT SELF ABSORBED TALKING HEADS!!!

\rant
  17. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

There is only so much room on a TV screen for unhappy horsed-faced white guys in love with the sound of their own voices. At least Collinsworth knows something about football.

Word is that execs are already unhappy. I wouldn't expect that NBCwould keep the show in its current format much longer. Too bad MSNBC, last in the ratings, never figured that out for Olbermann.

R
  18. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 1 / -0

NBC should figure out how to steal Chris Berman and Tom Jackson and their producers from ESPN. Hey they were able to steal Madden and Michaels from Disney. No one does that Sunday night wrap up better than Berman and Jackson and I am not a huge fan of Jackson. Olbermann should stick to politics and his sparcely watched MSNBC program. I always thought Dan Patrick carried him on Sportscenter anyway.
  19. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

they should first reduce the number of people on the set ...too many heads discussing the same thing
  20. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

21. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

The format is the problem moreso than the individuals. Sounds like many here want to make it about KO. That IMO has more to do with politics than the show itself. Its the show and its content that I have a problem with.

But it will probably do what it is intended to do...bring in a new breed of football fans from the masses with their showy production and pedestrian level substance. Much like 50% of Olbermanns highly rated Countdown, which routinely beats Bill Oreilly's factor among the age groups that count (18-54), they throw in the fluff for the tabloid masses.

sorry couldnt resist:D
  22. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

the show wasnt any better last yr without KO...
    bottom line they want to talk more and show less highlights.
  23. 37Harrison

37Harrison Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#37 Jersey

Count me in as one the can't stand the guys on that show or the show itself. Collinsworth and Olberman are the worst, Bettis (eventhough I like the guy) doesn't fit and their skits like Olbermans' "Worst player" or whatever is sad and pathetic.

I can't stand "Football Night in America", they need a new format and new hosts.
  24. cblesz

cblesz Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I guess we are all entitled to our opinion. But everyone knows what I think of Olberman...he freaking sucks! I cannot stand any of them, especially Collinsworth and that little dweeb Costas.

Olberman ought to do his Worst person in America every week and declare himself the recipient of the award.:mad:
  25. sduncansca@yahoo.com

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

As someone who thinks O'Reilly and Olbermann call each other at night and laugh at the sheep together as they fill their pockets, I think Olbermann is a sign of the problem. Don't give me shtick, sell the product on it's own, it is good enough. Instead of Worst Person in the NFL, how bout some angle on next week's game, there are a million different stories they could have run on the PHI or NYG.

And you are right it is about politics, I don't want any when I am trying to get my football fix, no Rush, no O'Reilly, no Olbermann, no Dennis Miller.

just one man's opinion
  26. njpatsfan

njpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

If by "routinely" you mean "once in the entire history of the show" then you would be right, as Fox and CNN both crush MSNBC in all age groups. And interestingly, even Olbermann's lone triumph was on a sparsely watched Friday night - when most normal people are out partying or spending time with their families, angry lefties are home alone, glued to the screen in paroxysms of mutual self-smugness. Olbermann is the opiate for people who like to think that they are better than everyone else - but know down deep in their hearts that they really aren't.

But it's perhaps understandable that someone who is a fan of Olbermann plays loose with the facts.

I couldn't stand Olbermann when he was on ESPN, before we knew about his whacko politics or how deeply his personality disorders went. It is obvious that Dan Patrick was the class of that duo, and why in retrospect ESPN was not unhappy to let him go, and pay Dan.

The reason he is there is to try to boost his miserable ratings on MSNBC by shamelessly cross-promoting on an NFL show. And it us poor fans who have to suffer through these shows who are paying the price. And if the faces of Costas, et al tell us volumes of what they think of their co-host and his miserable schtick.

As FNIA is down an average of 13% since Olbermann was added, it should be interesting to see what happens next - will NBC continue this effort to prop up its failing MSNBC, or will common sense and reign and get the program back to analyzing football.

R
    Last edited: Sep 24, 2007
  27. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

I don't know where you're getting your information - 'though I suspect it rhymes with Swill and Schmo-reilly - but this is not accurate. In fact, no cable-news show has increased its ratings MORE than Olbermann and that's with Papa Bear lying his way to the top for literally YEARS before Olbermann's show ever hit the air. You guys really need to try actually WATCHING his show, which is outstanding, instead of listening to yet another angry white male liar with, for no reason whatsoever, a chip on his shoulder. I mean, what?
  28. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Please enlighten us - when has Olbermann injected politics into the football show? He has a POLITICS show, which is excellent, smart, FACT-based and entertaining - and which makes a lot of the angry white male brigade who eats up the lies of Bill O'Reilly like it's F-ing Cheerios. It's 2007, people. Bush lied. Papa Bear does, too. It's time for the truth. Join us, won't you?
  29. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +9 / 0 / -0

Examples, please. Like Olbermann, many of us fight the B.S. spewed in society today by asking for evidence. Please share with us what his "whacko politics" comprise.
  30. PonyExpress

PonyExpress Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Many people don't like Olberman's schtick. Don't take it personally. Frankly, he's been awful on Sunday Night Football thus far, embarrassing, and I've never even seen his other program.