Votes: 65 74.7%
  • It's a good idea. I'm all for it.

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • I'm not sure

Votes: 8 9.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

It just bugs me that a guy I've seen play for 7 years and be the only consistent on the Miami offense this decade and is such a great guy goes to the Chargers and a punk like you gets the privealge of rooting for him. That's what irks me.

It just bugs me that a guy I've seen play for 7 years and be the only consistent on the Miami offense this decade and is such a great guy goes to the Chargers and a punk like you gets the privealge of rooting for him. That's what irks me.

Punk? Takes one to know one! :p When Seau went to mia I didn't whine and cry about it. Going to SD is the best move career-wise for him. Now he actually has a shot at that ring.

BTW oh great master of vocabulary...its privilege not privealge.:D

I punted by saying I'm not sure. Here's why.

The six zone time change is a big deal. It's also obvious that the Giants and Dolphins didn't know how to prepare for it. For those guys to have had any chance for their bodies to be in rhythm by Sunday, they should have left Monday morning at the latest. Anyone who says that a six pm start in London is just like one pm start in new york hasn't traveled very much. In fact, if the dolphins had gone over early and gotten acclimated, they would have had a pretty good chance of knocking off a groggy giant team.

I don't think the brits are really that much into american football. i'd be interested in seeing what percentage of the tickets were sold to expats or to us companies doing business in the uk.

on the other hand, if the nfl can expand the brand to europe and china without diluting the product, it would be a terrific benefit all around.

I have tried to make points like "the SB will never be played in Europe" and feel as if I am banging my head against a brick wall. I wonder if anyone is actually reading what we Brits have posted on this thread. Here are a couple of Americans who actually know the UK and its relationship with the NFL:

http://sport.guardian.co.uk/ussports/story/0,,2198015,00.html

Punk? Takes one to know one! :p When Seau went to mia I didn't whine and cry about it. Going to SD is the best move career-wise for him. Now he actually has a shot at that ring.

BTW oh great master of vocabulary...its privilege not privealge.:D

Did a Dolphins fan somewhere paint an image of Junior trashing is former team by false quoting him? You just compared apples to oranges, dude.

on the other hand, if the nfl can expand the brand to europe and china without diluting the product, it would be a terrific benefit all around.
NFL Europe or Europa was disbanded this year. Maybe the knuckleheads in New York should view this as a failure.

NFL Europe or Europa was disbanded this year. Maybe the knuckleheads in New York should view this as a failure.

It was disbanded because no one wanted to watch a third rate product. As I will repeat, the tickets to this game have been hugely over-subscribed.

uh...excuse this dumb American but what does "oversubscribed" mean? the game is sold out?

Did a Dolphins fan somewhere paint an image of Junior trashing is former team by false quoting him? You just compared apples to oranges, dude.

Have you ever heard of "being facetious"? Adding captions to photos has been done for a long time. And when it is done you dont see people saying "thats not what he said!" It was meant to be an obvious joke but apparently it went over your head. Do you complain about some of the other posters on here that add a caption to a silly picture of Manning saying "im a dumb hick and my coach is a whiner"? ITS A JOKE. GET OVER IT.:rolleyes:

Have you ever heard of "being facetious"? Adding captions to photos has been done for a long time. And when it is done you dont see people saying "thats not what he said!" It was meant to be an obvious joke but apparently it went over your head. Do you complain about some of the other posters on here that add a caption to a silly picture of Manning saying "im a dumb hick and my coach is a whiner"? ITS A JOKE. GET OVER IT.:rolleyes:

This is completely differnt. I bet Chris wouldn't be too happy to see that kind of a quote written in a news paper.

This is completely differnt. I bet Chris wouldn't be too happy to see that kind of a quote written in a news paper.

First of all its different not "differnt". Second, durrrr it would be different if I was working for a newspaper. This is a messageboard. If DUB C heard about a guy on a MB that wrote what I did, I highly doubt he would care. He would probably crack a smile.:)

First of all its different not "differnt". Second, durrrr it would be different if I was working for a newspaper. This is a messageboard. If DUB C heard about a guy on a MB that wrote what I did, I highly doubt he would care. He would probably crack a smile.:)

So you're intentions are to come here and just piss people off.

I think there's a word for that.....

.......troll?

So you're intentions are to come here and just piss people off.

I think there's a word for that.....

.......troll?

The only one that complained about it is you. Imagine that.:rolleyes: If you really want to be fair about this then go say something to everyone else who was a sig that has a caption in it. If you do then I will take it down. Otherwise your point is moot.

The only one that complained about it is you. Imagine that.:rolleyes: If you really want to be fair about this then go say something to everyone else who was a sig that has a caption in it. If you do then I will take it down. Otherwise your point is moot.

Yeah, because I'm the only one here who was Chambers biggest fan. If you tried to pull that crap at FH you would get infractions and possibly bannishment. No, it's not, you can have quotes in your profile as long as they are legit, you're mis-quoting someone which is a big no-no.

Yeah, because I'm the only one here who was Chambers biggest fan. If you tried to pull that crap at FH you would get infractions and possibly bannishment. No, it's not, you can have quotes in your profile as long as they are legit, you're mis-quoting someone which is a big no-no.

Well ban me...better yet, fine me! STOP CRYING.

Well ban me...better yet, fine me! STOP CRYING.

And there's the evidence that I'm right. You were all for defending yourself until you realized you were wrong and that's when you tell me to stop crying.

uh...excuse this dumb American but what does "oversubscribed" mean? the game is sold out?

Sorry! I forget that we speak slightly different versions some times. :D
In this case, it can be taken to mean that the game was sold out many times over. Does that make sense?

Yeah, go try that at FinHeaven right now and see what happens...oh wait, they've been down for the past week.

Don't think it should be outside America, after all it's "America's Game"... And I'll show my support of this decision by not watching the game... If London wants to watch football, they can get the own team...

I say it's time to heal our differences with the Brits over that Colonial bit and the 2 wars. Burning down Washington DC in 1812 was long enough ago for us to begin the process of healing. It will be tough for us New Hampshire folks to walk around London without our concealed carry permits, but we'll manage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back