PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Football: Hallelujah!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beat you to it ;)

sorry, had a longer distance than I thought to run :D:p

Now to get back on topic, I think we gotta add in CFL for a bit even if it isn't NFL it's still good quality football...it doesn't bridge the gap but it's at least adding a step to the bridge

sorry, had a longer distance than I thought to run :D:p

Now to get back on topic, I think we gotta add in CFL for a bit even if it isn't NFL it's still good quality football...it doesn't bridge the gap but it's at least adding a step to the bridge

Watching it reminds me of college football for some reason. The problem with including the CFL in discussions is that there is precious little coverage here.

While I was in Canada last month, TSN and Rogers SportsNet had pretty good coverage, but alas, we don't have access to those stations here in CT.

Last edited:
Watching it reminds me of college football for some reason. The problem with including the CFL in discussions is that there is precious little coverage here.

While I was in Canada last month, TSN and Rogers SportsNet had pretty good coverage, but alas, we don't have access to those stations here in CT.

For now, at least, NFL Network is your friend. Was airing TSN broadcast yesterday. It was funny, going back to your college point- the announcers mentioned that the Tiger-Cats basically just grabbed the LB corps out of BC one year and signed em to stay together with them in the CFL.

While I'm excited about the preseason, September 9th is already circled on my calendar. IMO, Minnesota at New Orleans from the Superdome on Thursday Night Football... there's no better way to start the season off.

:rocker:

What a great birthday present for me! September 9th is my birthday :rocker:

While I'm excited about the preseason, September 9th is already circled on my calendar. IMO, Minnesota at New Orleans from the Superdome on Thursday Night Football... there's no better way to start the season off.

Except, ahem, the Patriots hosting the game that night. ;)

Last edited:
For a few years the CFL expanded and added several US cities. Didnt go over too well and they all folded.

Sacramento Gold Miners
Las Vegas Posse
Baltimore Stallions (Cheap takeoff from the Colts)
Shreveport Pirates
Birmingham Barracudas
Memphis Mad Dogs
San Antonio Texans (What is it with teams from Texas that they always have to be called The Texans?)

They only lasted about three years.

I know all about that expansion and that one team still exists- that Baltimore Stallions team survived to become the new Montreal Alouettes after the original Cleveland Browns franchise moved to Baltimore to become the Ravens

Are they using the quarter beer night to do so like the Jacksonville Sun? I was a very avid Jacksonville Sun fan when they had quarter beers.

I don't believe so, I guess if their attendance was bad they would offer something like that, I've been to a couple Suns games, and although baseball at the park is much more fun than on TV. I just can't watch minor league baseball, mostly becuase their primary goal is not too win, but to get players their work in.

I went to one game where the pitcher was getting hammered... and they kept him in for 4 more innings just to continue to get his pitches in... that's not quality entertainment in my opinion.

I don't believe so, I guess if their attendance was bad they would offer something like that, I've been to a couple Suns games, and although baseball at the park is much more fun than on TV. I just can't watch minor league baseball, mostly becuase their primary goal is not too win, but to get players their work in.

I went to one game where the pitcher was getting hammered... and they kept him in for 4 more innings just to continue to get his pitches in... that's not quality entertainment in my opinion.

Yeah but when I was at Suns games, I was usually so hammered that I really didn't care about the action on the field. More or less, I was watching the asses of the UNF girls in the stands while shouting belligerently just because I was at a baseball game.

Correct. Easily the 2 best teams in the NFC, and in my opinion the 2 best football teams from last year. Considering how it ended last year, there's definitely no other rematch I'd rather see.

Are they using the quarter beer night to do so like the Jacksonville Sun? I was a very avid Jacksonville Sun fan when they had quarter beers.

quarter beer night makes EVERYONE a fan!

I wanted to post something witty, but I couldn't find the right words. I'm just smiling right now.

Is it me or was this one of the longest offseasons I've remembered in a while? Even worse than in 2003 or 2008.

Agreed, not sure why. I think it's because so much rests on how this year pans out for us more than any other year.

Except, ahem, the Patriots hosting the game that night. ;)

I think a Vikes/Saints rematch will be FAR more enjoyable to watch than a Pats/Saints rematch. Call me a blasphemer, but I'm *almost* more excited to see the Vikes/Saints this year than the Pats/Colts!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back