PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Football at last

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Rico

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Psyched to see the NFL getting back to meaningful action tonight.

I'm clicking through the Globe's NFL Preview section online and came across a fairly useful link:

Fan's Guide to what's new this season

I know most of these subjects have been discussed at length here, but this is a pretty nice primer. Talks about the new goal posts, tablets, rules affecting defenses and o-line, Thursday Night Football coming to CBS, new flex rules (including "cross-flexing, which allows NFC games to be moved to CBS and AFC to Fox).

Also lots of info on approaching milestones. The "Names to Know" segment is borderline pink hatt-ish (we're all pretty up to speed on who Johnny Manziel is), but also has some good info.

By the way, Globe picks (against the spread) are in for the weekend: All pick Pats; except Volin still pulling for them 'Phins. I feel even better about the game already.

Edit note: I love so much about the new site but I wish links looked like links — or at least were somehow different than regular text. The hover effect is OK (still white text on white background though), but there's no visual indication that text such as my "Fan's guide..." is actually a link.

Like!! Good post.

Is this Brady's last couple years, what will the secondary be like, will the wideouts step up after another year under their belt, what about Ridley, will the offensive line hold, will Gronk make it through the season... bahhhhh.....let's just settle in to and anticipate some great football from our team this year, they have not disappointed for a long time...!!

I AM ready for some football and I hope Rodgers, at least for tonight, shuts those big yappers...

ohh...and Squish the Phish!!!

I'm not usually one to toss out a remark about a particular media member disliking the Pats. That being said, I had the chance to listen to Volin preview the season this past weekend on Sirius and there's a very certain, distinct sneer in his voice when discussing the team. Whether that's just how he talks all the time or if it's just when it comes to discussing the Pats, I have no idea. But it was very noticeable.

I'm not usually one to toss out a remark about a particular media member disliking the Pats. That being said, I had the chance to listen to Volin preview the season this past weekend on Sirius and there's a very certain, distinct sneer in his voice when discussing the team. Whether that's just how he talks all the time or if it's just when it comes to discussing the Pats, I have no idea. But it was very noticeable.
Volin is not good. Remember him tweeting, with condescension, about the reason Andre Johnson couldn't come to NE (salary cap)? "Alright, kids...." And he was wrong. I don't read or listen to anything that guy writes or says. He acts like he knows everything but clearly has shortcomings in his NFL knowledge.

I'm also psyched for tonight's kickoff of the season, and already jonesing for Sunday's matchups.

Although the season is only officially underway with kickoff tonight, I'm happy to see the JETS are already in mid-season form:

NYJTRUCK.jpg

Will we have the same level of excitement next year after playoffs are expanded knowing that a 6-10 Jets or Jags team may be making the Playoffs ??? I hope this game doesn't go the way of the NBA or the MLB where only the postseason is relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back