Welcome to PatsFans.com

Food Stamp Fliers Threaten To Name People On Government Benefits

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Kid~Brady, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

2. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +325 / 3 / -13

So how do you feel about this? One benefit might be identifying people who shouldn't be receiving them. For example, if I found out my neighbors who make very good money were receiving some benefit, I could report them.

I don't think there's any shame in receiving gov't benefits as long as its legit. We make firearms lisences public so why not this?
  3. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +513 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +872 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

5. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +261 / 9 / -26

People get a hard on for SNAP beneficiaries.. all the while we are raped daily by the defense contractors... recently there was a congressional study that indicated that there was over 1.1 trillion dollars of fraud perpetuated by the "Masters of War"... no one noticed or cared.

Not sure where "Artemis of the wildland" is getting his info, but it is supposed to be confidential....
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +513 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Funny....I feel the same way when I find out my neighbors are having their home improvements done under the table.
  7. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand Rookie

Ratings:
    +91 / 7 / -13

#37 Jersey

Re: Re: Food Stamp Fliers Threaten To Name People On Government Benefits

Ah the old "two wrongs make a right" defense.

I guess some people have a hard time believing that you can be against both welfare fraud and government waste.
  8. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

I don't think its right.

For one, how legit is this list? What if they are names listed on there that really shouldn't be? And its really no one's business who receives them, whether they are entitled to them or not. Trust me, I agree in the sense that people getting them that shouldn't is wrong, but its not my job to "oust" people because I'm bitter about it.
  9. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +325 / 3 / -13

10. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +513 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Only in 6 states - one other is open to journalists but has a law against publishing it - and all of those states are working on repealing that law and making it non-public.

[​IMG]

Stateline ? Following Journal News Spat, Access to Gun Records Blocked by State Lawmakers
  11. Charlotte Pats Fan

Charlotte Pats Fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

Under the table? Do you mean un permitted?
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +513 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

I mean when you pay someone cash to do the work "off the books," and no one pays any taxes on it. As far as I know that sort of deal is usually, but not always, done without a permit.
  13. Charlotte Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

Got ya. I pay cash for work done to my house. Its not my responsibilty to make sure the person doing the work is paying their taxes.

I built a huge 28 X 16 outdoor LR (Deck with Metal Roof) and Fireplace last November. The deck and roof required a permit, FP did not. I knew both guys who did the work and the both got paid Cash, so I don't think method of payment is an indicator of whether a permit has been pulled or not.

All major work I have had done is with Permits. Minor stuff like replacing a water heater... screw it.
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +513 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Then I suppose you have no problem with people hiring illegal aliens, right? Since that's the big beef about them working - they aren't paying taxes.

Whose responsibility is it, then? Seems to me it should be a shared responsibility. That's how you want it to work in the business world, isn't it? Or are you ok with people hiring illegal workers as babysitters and gardeners or at Burger King and WalMart and on farms and in factories and such?
  15. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +527 / 2 / -9

Harry's Food Stamp Flyer

Hey everybody, Barack Hussein Obama's Aunt Zucchini is on food stamps.
  16. Charlotte Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

Apples and oranges. Not paying taxes? The big beef may be that they are illegally . I'm not hiring Illegal aliens, I may or may not be hiring people who don't pay their taxes. NOT MY PROBLEM. You really want me to ask people who do work for me an ID to ensure they are legal?

Its not my responsibility to ensure you or anybody else pays your taxes.

You should just start calling the county you live in and complain about the work the you ASSUME is doing sans permit and by Tax Cheats. You'll be a hit in your neighborhood.
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +513 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Most people know quite well who they're hiring and why the price is cheaper than everyone else's.

PR has bragged numerous times about how he has all the work done on his home "under the table." He's well aware that no one's declaring the job or paying taxes on it.

I'm pretty sure that everyone who makes an "arrangment" which concerns cash money and "side job," knows that taxes are not being paid and that's why they're getting it done more cheaply.

How funny that you say that to me when it was PR who wants to call and report people.

Why not say it to him?
  18. Charlotte Pats Fan

Ratings:
    +82 / 1 / -3

No Jersey Selected

How exactly do you know this?

I'm not talking to PR, I'm talking to you.

Actually I could care less who he hires and what he knows or doesn't know about taxes. . Not my Problem. I'm not a Tax Collector.
  19. Kid~Brady

Kid~Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

These are two totally different tangents. Why should someone have to "publicly" be required to state whether they receive benefits or not?

I know the common or "general" response will be, "because, we taxpayers are paying for it, so we should know", but really, is this really necessary? I like the strides being taken such as drug tests, etc. Believe me, I don't fancy the abuse anymore than you do but that doesn't mean everyone should be required to make their "economic" status public to everyone.

You don't need a permit to apply for foodstamps or hold a EBT card.
  20. RI Patriots fan

RI Patriots fan Rookie

Ratings:
    +181 / 7 / -24

In today's Providence Journal.....gotta love how our Progressive Journal blames "businesses" for this scam and not the people who were selling them for cash.

U.S. Attorney for R.I. says businesses stole $3 million via food stamp fraud

PROVIDENCE, R.I. -- A two-year investigation has resulted in nine people being charged with looting the government of more than $3 million in food stamp fraud.

Peter F. Neronha, U.S Attorney for Rhode Island, said on Thursday that five Providence businesses allowed recipients in the federal Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, known as SNAP, to trade their benefits for cash. In exchange, the businesses are accused of adding a surcharge for the illegal service.

The charges include conspiracy to defraud the U.S, SNAP benefit fraud, wire fraud, money laundering and structuring.

U.S. Attorney for R.I. says businesses stole $3 million via food stamp fraud | Breaking News | providencejournal.com | The Providence Journal - The Providence Journal

Progressivism in action...this money is going to drugs, alcohol and luxury items.