PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Food for thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinhividivici

Rookie
Reaction score
All these cheating talks is really really far fetch and made me a little disgusted at these so called fans from our team and other teams. Where is the common sense in this world? Been a lurker for a long time, it just take this much stupidities to make me post. Let me break it down from my angle and tell me your inputs:

1/ The Patriots cheated:

How did they cheat? they've been labeled as such but without an ounce of evidence.

a/ Patriot cheated by filming: Ok, so how does the other teams prepared? looking at cartoons? everybody looks at film, game tapes to study the opponents. What do you think they meant when the players said they studied game tapes? So that's where the even playing field comes out even. What the coach did was one step smarter, he filmed the coaches, study how their reactions are, the motions, the possible emotions that going through their faces, the body languages. Why? when was the last time you see a poker match or a chess match that people only look at the chess pieces or the cards on the table? they look at their opponents faces, body languages to determined their next moves. That my friend is gamesmanship. What he was guilty of was having a camera on the field against the rule of the league and was punished by it.

b/ Is it possible that they used the camera to record on going signals and deciphered in 20 seconds of what they are? (as bittered Jets fans claimed)
Even with the technology now it would be farfetched to say that's even possible, with the man power requirements and the technology equivalent of NSA and CIA combined to enable this within the alloted time frame. What a guy with a camera is gonna relay the signals to a booth somewhere? and somehow correct calls will magically reappear within a few seconds to the defense or offense. Somebody will need to decipher it, match it up to old tapes, and relay it to the field. That my friends, takes more than 1 person to do and they would need a whole infrastructure to support it. Any coaches that are stupid enough to use the same signals every single games deserves to be coaching little league and not the NFL, that's why the amount of ppl involve to decipher the signals will be tremendous, so no one person or even 10 people will be able to do it all within the allotted 40 seconds between plays. Oh and it was debunked by the commissioner himself. I don't claim to know exactly what happened or involved but know this, paper cannot contain fire. If we did cheat, it would have leaked, somehow, someway, with the way the musical chairs being the case in the NFL where personnels are moving around every year. Nobody would want to be on the losing end, there would have been tattle tales on the Patriots a lot sooner. Don't you think there will be a big book about it after the first super bowl victory already? how much money would that person woulda made? Also if you think oh yeah they would only have to guess right a couple times to win? what about the other shoe? When they guessed wrong shouldn't the other teams score at will against them?

2/ this will taint our past wins:
Prove that we cheated then come and talk. The onus is on you. The Patriots know what they won, Do you??

Rant off.

You should probably post more often. You really know what you are talking about.

The saddest thing about this, is I'll beg Mangini knew that BB used those tapes to study other coaches tendencies and because he remembered the letter from thursday saying no cameras he felt like being an ******* and snitching on BB, to deflect some attention of his team getting ass whooped.

Then it all snowballed, everyone took it out of context, and BB and the Pats get slammed with a ridiculous fine. Not being able to tape the other coaches from the field but being able to purchase tape of anything from a game makes no sense. Which makes the punishment being so harsh even worse.

I do pretend to know more than I should :p. But seriously the sad thing for me would be IF the coach knew the rules and still broke it, and it cost the team, not just bending it or pushing it.

I sure do hope at least some PAID analysts out there would be doing their JOBS and do break it down to see where the common sense are. And put all these so called "fans" and sports "commentators" perspective back to reality and not just following these sensationalist headlines. Unless they think the Patriots have Superman on their payroll that will be able to accomplish all these feats.

What do I know, maybe the NFL staged all these just to make a point. Whatever it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes