Welcome to PatsFans.com

Food for thought!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mgcolby, Jun 12, 2006.

1. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,199052,00.html

Here is a translation of some of the many documents secured during the Iraq invasion. The documents were released by the US in there original state through a government website. Due to linguist restraints the US doesn't have the capability to translate them so they put them out there as is.

I can hear the foxnews crap already, but before anyone makes such a comment you might want to read the author's background and remember that Foxnews borrowed these documents/translation from the author's website.
  2. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Good catch, as these documents are translated, with anyone able to view and verify the documents. The picture of Iraq and their relationship's and weapons programs wil come into sharper focus and they will tell their own story as opposed to guess by experts.
  3. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I wonder how many people actually read this? I would have thought it would get more responses, but the silence speaks volumes.
  4. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

I posted a few other docs from the goverment record and was informed they were forgeries & if they were true the administration would be trumpteing them. Some folks can't handle truth if it contradicts their fiercely held beliefs.

Cognative dissonance can be a b***h
  5. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

They don't have the resources to translate material that is quite honestly irrelivent to on going operations. It will be deciphered and translated for history purposes and it will either condem Bush or a lot Democratic politicians. That is why they threw it out there in this form, because they know that a lot of people will start digging through them.

Maybe it was the title of the thread but honestly I am dissapointed in the lack of response and I can only think that people dismissed it because it flies directly against their argument for not supporting the invasion. I am not suggesting that these documents solidify the pro war argument but so far it isn't hurting it.
  6. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Most of the people in the intel community with expertise in Arabic are translating current comms to prevent new attacks.

The
  7. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +795 / 6 / -15

#87 Jersey

I made some posts about this last year...before this information became available...the documents are nice but simple addition spoke volumes about Al-Queda moving in on a weakened Saddam.

I even speculated then as I still believe that Saddam was given up by Al-Queda once they successfully gained access to all his money. Iraq was too small for Zarqawi and Saddam. Also, Saddam for the most part is not into Islam like Al-Queda followers. Saddam was into it for whatever benefit it would provide.

I also speculated that as the run to elections 2008 came closer more information would become available. Making it available all at once would serve no purpose and copuld actually damage the situation.

As to why we are still there, well it would be nice if we were getting out now. But, we're talking about everyday average Joe Muslims changing clothes and becoming insurgents as needed to supplement the hardcore fighters.

As for this forum...the lefties get excited when our men get killed. Not realizing that when our brave soldiers die our resolve becomes stronger and not weaker. So, let's hope this is a rallying point for Iraqi's to secure their own country so our people can come home except for a base or two. The Shia need to realize that joining forces in dribs and drabs is no substitute for an overwhelming force.
  8. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +170 / 4 / -4

Assuming the document is real, I don't think there's anything new here. It's pretty well known that the Taliban made some overtures to Saddam, but were rebuffed because Saddam felt it wasn't in his interest. I believe that if any of this really is news the media will sooner or later pick it up, but even Fox isn't treating it as a big story.

You should really check out the Wikipedia link below if you want evidence that intelligence is not for amateurs. Among those opposed to Saddam were forgers and liars who provided us with false info. That's why this document may well be false, and why it's getting so little press.

For more info, follow these links:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saddam_Hussein_and_al-Qaeda

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5326544/
  9. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

The document read as if Iraq approached the Taliban, and reports the Taliban and UBL were recieptive.
  10. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Wow!!!

Are you pathetic people still at it??

How about this food for thought:

FOX NEWS = RepubliKKKLANS Propaganda Machine

11. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Tha's pretty weak. You do like the info, well that no problem, just dismiss it out of hand because YOU don't like the source. I guess this is what passes for analysis among liberials.

Yeaterday on another htread Patters poster an article from the Village Voice. I responded and posted why I desagreed with the author on certain points he had raised (concerning NSA & 'wiretapping')

I DIDn't just say It's the village voice + communist.

READ THE ARTICLE then try if you can to THINK AND RESPOND.
  12. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

No numbnuts what is pathentic is the fact that you didn't bother to read the second paragraph of my post. Glad to see that you continue to prove that you are not a pices of ****. :cool:
  13. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Obviously fox news has put a lot of info out concerning the iraq war in attempts to legitimize the wmd and aq reason to go to war in the first place. Sadly it has not held up under scrutiny. Mobil chem and bio labs did'nt, AQ connection did'nt I could go on and on with the list of accusations that were debunked after we went to war. Now that the reason were there has changed to democracy for iraq and not wmd's, your still looking for the smoking gun to legitimize plan a... Maybe this will be the one.
  14. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I'm not looking for anything, to me there were many reasons to go into Iraq in the 90's let alone the 2000's. I was simply putting it out there for people to read. I don't have the luxery of talking about everything I read which influences my opinion on Iraq and the WOT. So when I do see something that can add to the debate I will throw it out. Hence the title of the thread and my words in the first paragraph. You notice not to many people have posted in this thread but quite a few have seen the thread. I feel confident that if this somehow made the administration look bad there would be a ton of folks celebrating it.
  15. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

I think its pretty clear that Saddam's 'connection' with Donald Rumsfeld wasn't about bringing more freedom and democracy to Iraq. It was about a low-life thug trying to amass more power (perhaps in both of their cases:p)

I don't see why any sort of vague 'connection' between Saddam and OBL should be thought of differently. Especially since this translator wishes to remain anonymous.
  16. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +154 / 7 / -13

Well a pfd of the origional document is published online in Arabic. Get a friend and check it uot for yourself :p
  17. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't forget the 80's which is when the kurdish genocide happened. Probably the reason for no interest in this new ''evidence'' as I stated fox has been at the forefront with these claims and they have been shot down..Maybe this one will gain traction and world news will pick it up along with the whitehouse ... You have your war which to you was justifiable a quarter of century ago ,case closed. To me this war was about wmd's, and thats why it was called preemptive.
  18. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Fair enough. Not trying to argue the merits of it because that has been done and then some and I don't think any person on this board has been swayed from one side to the other by the other posters on this board.
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2005
  19. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

That's cool and Im not trying to be an azz I actually posed this question to people with far more experience in counter terrorism than me admittedly a nail pounder but interested in national politics. Basically they said there appears to be nothing to this claim and if it did the whitehouse would tell us.