FO: Pats now #1, only team with all three units in top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
The latest DVOA numbers are out and NE has overtaken DEN as the #1 team in weighted DVOA (weighting the last 8 games the most), though DEN is still #1 overall. Also, NE is the only team with offense, defense, and special teams all in the top 10.

Also, the defense has really turned it around since week 9, going from the 20th ranked team in weeks 1-9 to the 2nd ranked team in weeks 10-15.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2014/week-15-dvoa-ratings

A post I made another thread

DVOA finally has enough data to demonstrate what I've been trying to convince them of for weeks.... NE's first month is wholly non-predictive and might as well have happened in 1987. You can't imagine how many "small sample size" and "cherry picking" objections I had to deal with. Being right can be tiring, but it is so rewarding. :)

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvoa-ratings/2014/week-15-dvoa-ratings

Since week 10 (bye) The Patriots have the second highest defensive DVOA, second to StL and more than double the #10 team's DVOA (24.7% to 11.7%).

Not only have they surged ahead of Denver in weighted DVOA, they are within 5% of tying them for the entire season.

FWIW, Seattle's defensive DVOA since week 10 is 15.5%.

Also, the defense has really turned it around since week 9, going from the 20th ranked team in weeks 1-9 to the 2nd ranked team in weeks 10-15.

Not bad considering they had to face Luck, Rodgers, and Rivers on the road during that span.

It's a damned good football team here. I know we say it every year (except 2009 maybe), but this really does seem like the kind of team that can get that fourth ring.

O-line and pass rush can't go AWOL like it seems to every playoff run. If they show up...
bill.jpg

In terms of expectations, it's getting to the point of 2007 levels...

Special teams puts this team over the top, IMO

DVOA and their statistics are fine, but my eyeball tells me we are a damned fine team.. and if the cards fall right we can go all the way.

When I watch other teams play, I realize how good and how well coached this team is..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back