PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio: Source Says that Wells Report takings so long because investigation turned to the NFL

Mike Kensil QUIT his lifelong position with the JETS to work out of sight UNDER Roger Goodell in 2006.

What part of this FACT do you all NOT get? NOBODY does what Kensil did WITHOUT AN AGENDA.

some of you opine "gee whiz,every time there's an issue with the Patriots they are found guilty...I don't know why"

Yeah...just a giant coinky dinky...move along, nothing to see here...Mike Kensil??? Pure as the driven snow...we Patriot fans need to shut up and trust these beneficent ex -lifelong employees of the New York Jets, our most bitter and hated rival, because...well, OUR GONADS HAVE DISAPPEARED!!!!

Who in their right mind agrees with and allows a BITTER RIVAL WHO HAS PUBLICLY ADMITTED HIS HATRED of us to sit in judgment of us and run covert "sting": operations aimed ONLY at us and NO OTHER of the 31 teams in the league???????????????

Gigantic case of Stockholm syndrome going on with our fanbase.

"
NFL executive V.P. of football operations Troy Vincent has said that Grigson contacted V.P. of game operations Mike Kensil (pictured) during the AFC championship, after a football that had been intercepted by linebacker D’Qwell Jackson allegedly seemed to be underinflated. That makes Kensil, a former Jets employee with a reputation for having an anti-Patriots bias, a prime candidate to have gotten the phone call from Grigson before the game.

What if Kensil decided he was going to handle it on his own, that he was going to catch the Patriots in the act?

That would explain the failure of the game officials to make a written record of the PSI measurements of the Patriots and Colts footballs before the game. If they didn’t know that there were concerns about the Patriots’ footballs, they would have had no reason to generate a paper trail.

It also would explain the NFL’s strong insistence that there was no sting operation. A sting operation entails coordination and planning; if Kensil got the call from Grigson and Kensil didn’t share the information with his colleagues, Kensil’s goal may have been: (1) to prevent the Patriots from getting a warning about the concerns regarding air pressure; and (2) to nab the Patriots red handed."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/02/20/grigsons-admission-puts-kensil-under-more-scrutiny/

Yeah...pure as the driven snow....jeezus krist, you all KNOW Goodell DESTROYED the "tapes" effectively screwing the Patriots forever from any kind righteous vindication, but, "NAH, nothing to see here...". You've all seen the mindnumbingly obvious bending over backwards tpo protect Rex Ryan and HIS string of unbelievable screwups and outright videotaped ,orchestrated , practiced cheating ("Sal Alosi did it all by himself!!!"). Open sexual degeneracy I DO NOT WANT MY GRAND KIDS EVER EXPOSED TO BY ANY SCUMBAG...swept under the rug by UberMarshal Rugsweeperdell. Preposterous...toe sucking degeneracy in broad daylight splashed across media coast to coast. NOTHING!! They DID NOTHING!!!!!....but a rogue air pressure sting?? Burn the Patriots down...we wnat BLOOD!!!! Kensil and Grigson are shining NFL knights!! You Patriots fans should be ashamed of yourselves!! yeah? Screw you and your quisling Jet buddies and any other surrender monkey spineless cowards out there. I'm suck of spineless turds telling me it's raining while they routinely attempt to piss down my back every season.

You guys rock...f#ck the nyj...f#ck kensil..f#ck goodrll
..f#ck deflategate...I'm 20+ beers in...FI PATS

If it is an honest effort, I expect the Wells report will be a story about Slander and Corruption. A story about obsessed individuals finding new angles to obstruct Belichick, who has become one of the most hated and admired men in football.

The root of the national hate is quite certainly Belichick. Kraft is widely respected, altruistic and kind. Brady is the quintessential Cinderella Man. But Belichick is aloof, self-interested, awkward, misunderstood, unapologetic and utterly brilliant. Over many years mastering the sport, he has humiliated so many football men across the league, leaving the corpses of their stunted careers to fester by the side of the road. They will pull him off the pedestal, if they can... even if they have to make **** up.

I am reminded that Galileo was tormented by the Roman Inquisition and Mozart died in poverty and disgrace. In a decade or two, football historians will look back on Belichick's career in awe and wonder, and ask "why did his contemporaries despise him so much?" and "why did the national audience never recognize his accomplishments during his time?"

Running onto the field as a Team, instead of Individuals. Game planning each week from scratch to the tendencies of their opponents. Convertible 3-4 /4-3 defensive fronts. Rerouting and manhandling receivers (until they made it a point-of-emphasis). Declaring eligible players ineligible (until they made it illegal). Two TE sets, years after the TE position had fallen into disfavor. Beating the salary cap by systematically entrusting the core of his roster to players on their rookie contracts. Habitually signing and promoting the success of UDFAs, to feed a culture of achievement on the team. Building a proprietary scouting organization focused exclusively on a Patriots-specific draft profile. Extending the height of the field goal uprights. Installing end zone cameras (coming soon).

Seriously, it's the stuff of legends; and the sweep of his accomplishments makes a lot of self-important men look very small.

If it is an honest effort, I expect the Wells report will be a story about Slander and Corruption. A story about obsessed individuals finding new angles to obstruct Belichick, who has become one of the most hated and admired men in football.

The root of the national hate is quite certainly Belichick. Kraft is widely respected, altruistic and kind. Brady is the quintessential Cinderella Man. But Belichick is aloof, self-interested, awkward, misunderstood, unapologetic and utterly brilliant. Over many years mastering the sport, he has humiliated so many football men across the league, leaving the corpses of their stunted careers to fester by the side of the road. They will pull him off the pedestal, if they can... even if they have to make **** up.

I am reminded that Galileo was tormented by the Roman Inquisition and Mozart died in poverty and disgrace. In a decade or two, football historians will look back on Belichick's career in awe and wonder, and ask "why did his contemporaries despise him so much?" and "why did the national audience never recognize his accomplishments during his time?"

Running onto the field as a Team, instead of Individuals. Game planning each week from scratch to the tendencies of their opponents. Convertible 3-4 /4-3 defensive fronts. Rerouting and manhandling receivers (until they made it a point-of-emphasis). Declaring eligible players ineligible (until they made it illegal). Two TE sets, years after the TE position had fallen into disfavor. Beating the salary cap by systematically entrusting the core of his roster to players on their rookie contracts. Habitually signing and promoting the success of UDFAs, to feed a culture of achievement on the team. Building a proprietary scouting organization focused exclusively on a Patriots-specific draft profile. Extending the height of the field goal uprights. Installing end zone cameras (coming soon).

Seriously, it's the stuff of legends; and the sweep of his accomplishments makes a lot of self-important men look very small.

Yes yes yes ...unequivocally YES. Of course there is jealousy toward any long string of sports success but when has there ever been a cabal WITHIN the structure of any sports league bent on destroying and tearing down ANY success of a SPECIFIC member of that organization? By all means hate the Patriots all you want, I say to the other 30 teams in the league but for God's sake, open your collective EYES and cleanse the NFL of every single NY Jet influence NOW and declare a ten year moratorium on hirings of ANY Jets employees in the future. This Kensil scum is a CRIMINAL and should be subject to the same prosecution by law as any other organized criminal conspiracy. The league needs to be cleansed of this NYC-centric cell of executives and restaffed by qualified executives from across the United States. Men of impeccable reputation and educational qualifications, not some red headed little rich kid doofus with a generic "business" degree who allows national media outlets to propagate the OUTRIGHT LIE that he is an attorney, as we saw with the ESPN interview...as he sat there mute when the interviewer STATED for the record that he IS an attorney. Jeezus, he's a BOLD FACED PUBLIC LIAR archived on videotape for krissakes and STILL omnipotent ruler of the NFL...it's INSANITY.

Yes yes yes ...unequivocally YES. Of course there is jealousy toward any long string of sports success but when has there ever been a cabal WITHIN the structure of any sports league bent on destroying and tearing down ANY success of a SPECIFIC member of that organization? By all means hate the Patriots all you want, I say to the other 30 teams in the league but for God's sake, open your collective EYES and cleanse the NFL of every single NY Jet influence NOW and declare a ten year moratorium on hirings of ANY Jets employees in the future. This Kensil scum is a CRIMINAL and should be subject to the same prosecution by law as any other organized criminal conspiracy. The league needs to be cleansed of this NYC-centric cell of executives and restaffed by qualified executives from across the United States. Men of impeccable reputation and educational qualifications, not some red headed little rich kid doofus with a generic "business" degree who allows national media outlets to propagate the OUTRIGHT LIE that he is an attorney, as we saw with the ESPN interview...as he sat there mute when the interviewer STATED for the record that he IS an attorney. Jeezus, he's a BOLD FACED PUBLIC LIAR archived on videotape for krissakes and STILL omnipotent ruler of the NFL...it's INSANITY.

As much as I agree, as long as the steady stream of cash keeps flowing to the owners.. everybody becomes a whore, and gets selective amnesia. IMO the delay is that the investigation has revealed a multitude of unintended consequences.. and the NFL is embarrassed because of their own ineptitude.

So the chore for Goodell and his pirates, is how do you turn this into something that will not effect the "brand". I would crap my pants if the Wells Report denigrates anyone, particularly the NFL, Indianapolis, Baltimore, refs or the Patriots.. they will try to figure out a way to "make nice" and move on from their ineptitude..

They might even suggest that the Pats accept a slap on the wrist, a very small fine to save face.. which I hope Mr. Kraft tells them to shove it.. I think the NFL's proverbial testicles are in a vice. It has now been 13 weeks since this investigation began... something ain't right.

Then everyone will forget about it, but ESPN et al will always subtly refer to this "cheating allegation"... or they will start the asterisk crap again, with a variety of "Pats Haters"(aka whiners) who will insinuate the Pats did something wrong(Marshall Faulk et al)...

Last edited:
If you are referring to Kensil I don't know that it is that simple. Kensil's father worked for Pete Rozelle and Rozelle held him in very high regard.

Mike Kensil is a legacy and firing/disciplining him will be a very painful event, and who knows what skeletons in other people's closets that Kensil may be aware of and invoke in an effort to save himself.

In short the NFL may know they need to get root canal, but are doing everything possible to delay the procedure.

If Kensil has dirt on anyone, we know it isn't the Pats because he would have used it already. Bring it on Mikey, all that you have. Pats fans will get their popcorn ready.

Kensil is also part of the Jet connection to the NFL. That makes it even more special.

If things work out right, the Pats could get credit for helping dump the Jets connection out of office and receive a draft pick from the Jets for their tampering. All after winning another SB with the HC who got away.

This could become the best off-season evah!

I don't think Goodell had a damn thing to do with it. Some insiders saw an opportunity to take advantage while he was weakened by the Rice scandal.

That was my opinion from early on, and it looked to me like it was Kensil trying to move into the big chair at the NFL.

who allows national media outlets to propagate the OUTRIGHT LIE that he is an attorney, as we saw with the ESPN interview...as he sat there mute when the interviewer STATED for the record that he IS an attorney.

This really happened?!

This really happened?!

That's the exact same response I get when I inform Peyton fans of his tea-bagging incident at Tennessee. That shows you how many friends that Archie has in the media. If that were Tom Brady the world would know about it and be reminded about it every year.

I've told this story a couple of times, but please bear with me. In my former life as an AOLe I remember arguing with Jets fans about Goodell and his Jets connection. At the time there was a lot of misinformation being spread around about Goodell, even to the point of seeing his Wikipedia page being changed from one visit to the next. It wasn't until I came here a couple of years ago that what I believed was confirmed by Joker. Destroying the Pats legacy is what they're after, and has been from the start.

At some point, we, as fans, need to fight back, even if Kraft won't or can't.

That's the exact same response I get when I inform Peyton fans of his tea-bagging incident at Tennessee. That shows you how many friends that Archie has in the media. If that were Tom Brady the world would know about it and be reminded about it every year.

I've told this story a couple of times, but please bear with me. In my former life as an AOLe I remember arguing with Jets fans about Goodell and his Jets connection. At the time there was a lot of misinformation being spread around about Goodell, even to the point of seeing his Wikipedia page being changed from one visit to the next. It wasn't until I came here a couple of years ago that what I believed was confirmed by Joker. Destroying the Pats legacy is what they're after, and has been from the start.

We need to be Kraft's Anger Translator.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/blog/201...-correspondents-dinner-welcome-fourth-quarter

We ARE fighting back. It is the Pats fans who have been carrying the fight because the Pats organization deigned to.

For as much research Pats fans have made into the offenses and scandals the Pats have been involved in it is really surprising that Mike Kensil's name never surfaced until the most recent one.

I think it is very likely that Kensil was involved in the whole Spygate fiasco, and if he was then he was able to successfully pull off his agenda-driven attack on the Pats and get away with the perfect crime.

Now with Deflategate, it may be a case where he got greedy and tried to take another bite of the apple. This reminds me of an anecdote that I heard a few years ago about a Los Angeles radio station that had a promotion where they gave away a high-end sports car (Porsche?), and a young man was the lucky winner by calling in at the perfect time.

Some time later they ran the same promotion, and miraculously, the same young man won it again.

There was an investigation and it was discovered that the young man had figured out a way to tamper with the phone system and ensure that he was the winning caller. He was subsequently prosecuted.

Hopefully, like Kensil, this is an example of someone who let their greed overreach and be their downfall.

Last edited:
Sorry, I was in an airport earlier and didn't bring my sarcasm meter with my travel bag.

You'd end up getting patted down. Wise move.

One thought... in these 9 pages it might have already been noted...

If -- in the perfect PatsFan world -- the report exonerates the Pats and points back at the Shield... do we get a rash of sports journalists revisiting Cameragate to the public benefit of the Pats?

One thought... in these 9 pages it might have already been noted...

If -- in the perfect PatsFan world -- the report exonerates the Pats and points back at the Shield... do we get a rash of sports journalists revisiting Cameragate to the public benefit of the Pats?
It's an interesting thought, but my guess is that there'll be a rash of sports journalists revisiting Deflategate to discredit said NE exoneration by the Shield.

anyone want to go to the draft with me with a ton of deflated blow up horses to throw at goodell?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back