PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio is unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be silly. We'll get enough of that with the Colts trolls that will surely show up here this week. Don't become one when you are generally better than that. Both teams had their starters playing into the 4th quarter when the games were already over in the 3rd.

Did you just say I'm not a troll?:woohoo: Thats the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me here.

*blush*

:D

Last edited:
We're only half way through the season.

At some point Pat's fans are just gonna have to sack up and quit posting or whining about crap posted on an internet football Rumor site that itself clearly crosses the line when it includes a freakin' lawyers opinion on how the game he's watched his whole life from a couch is supposed to be played.

This message is consonant with my views, and has my 100% stamp of approval!

I went ahead and embraced the dark side three weeks ago. I relish all the negative stories and whining from opponents as "lamentation of da wimmen".

Next time perhaps, the illustrious "4 first rounders" in the Skins secondary will keep their mouths shut. They certainly didn't cowboy up yesterday.

Why was teh first team in on the Skins...trying to throw the ball..WHY NOT the backups??? OR does that not matter?? Seems like when there is a large lead it is "good sportsmanship" to just allow a team to score... WHAT BS!!!!
What is interesting is that ALL these charges are always made by teams who keep first line QBs in the game late trying desperately to get points...WHy are not THOSE coaches questioned?? Have you seen any backup Qbs in teh game then?? I haven't...

You guys do realize that with the way we blow our oppenents out, our entire starting O would be on the bench the ENTIRE second half if we were to rest guys when we had a lead.

What a great Idea, lets have our starters only play the equivelent of 8 games this season...

How many other teams do you see blowingout teams by 5+ TD by the HALF? Thats right, none. We take out our starters into the 4th, just like any other team in a blowout would, its just that our offense is SOOO good that we already have a huge lead before 1/2 time. As I said before, you can't rest your guys for 30 min a game, every game.

Last edited:
Well, here is Florio's weekly trash the Pats piece in the Sporting News:

1. Is Belichick giving the rest of the NFL the finger?

Last week in this space, I raised the question of whether opponents of the New England Patriots might be thinking that the team is running up the score -- and whether such opponents will be looking for payback for the full duration of Bill Belichick's tenure with the team.

This week, it's even harder to make the case that the Pats didn't run up the score against the Washington Redskins and Hall of Fame coach Joe Gibbs. Apart from yet another fake-spike play late in the first half, the Patriots amazingly eschewed a field-goal attempt while leading 38-0 with 11 minutes to play and went for it on fourth-and-short from the Redskins' 7-yard line.

Let's get this straight. Belichick would have been uncomfortable with a lead of only 41 with 11 minutes to go? Please. The Redskins hadn't scored a point. Even if the Pats had pulled 11 guys out of the stands to play defense the rest of the way, the gap would not have been closed.

And then, leading 52-7 with less than a minute to play, New England still had numerous starters on the field. That's simply inexcusable.

Belichick could be telling the rest of the NFL that if a big deal is going to be made out of the Pats breaking a signal-stealing rule that many other teams routinely violate, then Belichick will stay fully within the rules. And obliterate anyone who crosses his path while doing so.

The backlash is going to begin. As the buildup begins to the biggest regular-season game of the year -- and possibly ever -- the media are going to be probing the question of whether Belichick is bullying the rest of the league.

Even though the Colts are 7-0, this New England team is so good that, next week at this time, folks might be debating the question of whether the Pats ran up the score against the defending Super Bowl champs.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=296835

Belichick Blasts Redskins

From PFT:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

So if hypothetically the Colts win 51-7 next weekend and Manning is still passing in fourth quarter up 44-0, that won't be the line because the line is 52-7, not 51-7? BS

I actually didn't even know that Godfrey was still in the league. But, his comments are comments only of a loser mentality.

So, he must be a loser...

and fwiw, I def. hope that the Pats thrash the dolts. Phuckin losers indeed...

Last edited:
The difference is the SCORE. Peyton left AS SOON as the Colt's went up by 24, Tom was still in the game, throwing touchdown passes, with a 45 point lead. Talk about stat padding.:rolleyes:

Don't act like the situations are anywhere NEAR the same.

Manning and Brady both left the games with about 9 minutes to go. Stop the class crap. The last drive Brady went in for started early in the 4th quarter. Is there a rule that says he can't play if they have a big lead with an entire quarter to playy?
I maintain that they're still in there to perfect plays for future games as much as they are making statements. I'll make no excuse for what the Patriots are doing. Are you listening to ESPN and the NFL network? Mike and Mike, boomer and Jackson, Mariuchi and Sanders, to a man everyone is saying they have no problem with what the Patriots are doing and it's up to the other team to stop them. There's no crying in football.

The difference is the SCORE. Peyton left AS SOON as the Colt's went up by 24, Tom was still in the game, throwing touchdown passes, with a 45 point lead. Talk about stat padding.:rolleyes:

Of course he was......... He's not gonna break Pey-a-ton's record just sitting on the bench now, is he. :singing:

BB quote from that article is priceless. I love the "We have a punting team for that". Classic. I love this sh!t

This is so absurd.

The 49ers beat Denver in the SB 55-10. They were called dominant.
The Bears beat the Pats 46-10. They were called dominant.
The Cowboys beat the Bills 52-17. They were called dominant.
The Giants beat the 49ers in the playoffs 49-3. They were called dominant.
Gibbs and his Redskins beat the Rams in the playoffs 51-7. They were called dominant.
The Bears won the title 73-0. They were called dominant.

The Pats win 52-7 and they receive criticism? Only from those with no historical perspective on the game.

Great stats. Put them in an e-mail to pft

This isn't Pop Warner. It's professional football. It's a multi-billion dollar business played for the entertainment of its fans. Running up the score is a concept that needs to stay in the amateur ranks.

You feel like crap when a team runs the score up on you (see Schottenheimer, Marty - 2005) but at the same time, it's the way the game is. I can understand the players being mad about it, but if I remember Godfrey was on some pretty good Cowboys teams in his earlier years that sure had no qualms about running up the score.

This is my favorite line of Florio's: "The backlash is going to begin. As the buildup begins to the biggest regular-season game of the year -- and possibly ever -- the media are going to be probing the question of whether Belichick is bullying the rest of the league."

And? So? What rules are there against running up the score? Is the NFL going to institute a mercy rule where the Patriots have to kneel if up by 20 points to make the game competitive? Bullying the rest of the league? It's like it's a freaking elementary school playground. Give me a break!

Last edited:
This is so absurd.

Gibbs and his Redskins beat the Rams in the playoffs 51-7. They were called dominant.

The Pats win 52-7 and they receive criticism? Only from those with no historical perspective on the game.

My thoughts exactly. I remember when I was a kid, that 73-0 championship game was always held up as "trophy", if you will, the most dominant performance, etc, etc.
I said this in another thread, but Bobby Bowden once whupped his son Terry, I don't know the score, but afterwards Bobby B. was asked about it, and he said, "Its my job to score the points, its his to stop me."
I mean, if you dont' want to get blown out, then cover Vrabel when he is in there at the goal line. Block our rushers so your QB doesn't get strippped of the ball on a regular basis. Tackle our second string QB as he scrambles.

The situations were exactly the same in the sense that both the Pats and the Colts had the game safely in hand and were cruising. What was the name of the Carolina QB after Testaverde? Carolina scored exactly how many points after the first ten minutes of that game?

Peyton won't be IN the game if the Colt's are up 44-0. He left todays game with the Colt's up 31-7. Just fyi.

Newsflash:

BRADY HAS BEEN PULLED IN THE FOURTH QUARTER FROM EVERY GAME THIS YEAR.

Or are you too stupid to understand reality?

Brady missed about two full games of football this year sitting on the bench. Talk about padding his stats. :rolleyes:

And of course he is FAR better than Mannchoke, so naturally the score is higher when he leaves the game now that he has weapons.

Maybe Godfrey should stop whining what our offense did to them and start worrying what his offense did to them. Jason Cambell handles the ball like its a handbag he fumbled 3 freaking times one of them he was running away from the guy who already made him fumble twice. Cover up moron!! You gave our O the ball on your side of the field 2 times and the 3rd time you allowed our D to score. Jason Campbell is a huge reason we scored 52 thanks Jason the check is in the mail.

Last edited:

It's like NEPat said earlier, it is obvious the Pats are running it up on everybody. I'm a Pats fan and I'm willing to admit it. So there. And although I am not going to condone it (two wrongs do not make a right) I do understand it. It's human nature.

Also, I don't think it's stat padding. The stat padding is certainly one of the by products of it but IMO the reason this is happening is because the rest of the league stood by and let one of the greatest coaches of all time twist in the wind by himself to the point where they were even questioning the integrity of his past accomplishments. This over something that probably every insider in the game knows was truly petty. I didn't hear one current NFL coach come out in support of BB even though PK and others (Czarnecki?) said that many other teams were taping signals. If it weren't for the Jimmy Johnson's coming to his aid it could have been even worse. Many, including St. Dungy, decided it was time to kick BB while he was down instead. Yeah that's classy. What would YOU be doing right now if you were BB? Unless you aren't human you'd be running it up too. The NFL called him out and now he's answering the bell. "Eff You's" for everybody in 2007!! Dungy gets to answer for his part in this on Sunday. I have a feeling it's not gonna be pretty.

This is so absurd.

I agree. There is some major hypocripsy going on here. I'm not sure if it would be less even if spy-gate never happened.

Peyton won't be IN the game if the Colt's are up 44-0. He left todays game with the Colt's up 31-7. Just fyi.

Were you up in arms in '04 when, against the Texans, Manning threw four straight passes (before an INT on the fourth) with 12 minutes left in the fourth quarter with a 42-7 lead? This after completing an 80 yard TD pass to Dallas Clarke one possession prior.

Just because his appearance ended in failure does not make it any more classy (or classless). Self-righteous Colts fans.
http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playbyplay?game_id=27041&displayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2004&week=REG10

Last edited:
Colts fans crying about the Patriots "running up the score"; that's effin rich, even from a under the bridge resident like you Paymeatons Better.

Go look at the scores of your "we'd never run up the score" Dolts in 2004; Christ are you a friggin tool..........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back