PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio is unbelievable

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're only half way through the season.

At some point Pat's fans are just gonna have to sack up and quit posting or whining about crap posted on an internet football Rumor site that itself clearly crosses the line when it includes a freakin' lawyers opinion on how the game he's watched his whole life from a couch is supposed to be played.

The guy does write for the Sporting News now. Granted the Sporting News isn't a great publication anymore, but it does make him a legitimate sportswriter in some people's eyes.

1. The Patriots are absolutely running it up. There is little doubt about that.

2. To act like Belichick is the first coach in the history of the NFL to do that is a little ridiculous.

3. Belichick is going to keep on doing it, so if it hurts everyone's feelings, they should look away.

4. The Redskins players should be ashamed of themselves. They gave up on that game. Hell, even the winless Dolphins didn't do that.

5. It's fine if they want payback, I would assume that's the natural reaction. It's not happening this year though.

I agree on all points

Peyton won't be IN the game if the Colt's are up 44-0. He left todays game with the Colt's up 31-7. Just fyi.

Would not surprise me if Dungy was doing that only to be able to say that he plays the game the way it's supposed to be played. :rolleyes:

Peyton won't be IN the game if the Colt's are up 44-0. He left todays game with the Colt's up 31-7. Just fyi.

You're off a point. It was 45-0 when Brady left the game.

Wait until Jets week. LOL!

Florio is irrelevant. I avoid his site and suggest others do as well.

Peyton played through the first drive in the fourth quarter just like Brady did today. Manning played two minutes into the fourth quarter and Brady played six minutes into the fourth quarter. The only reason that Brady played four more minutes into the fourth quarter is because Brady's final drive took four minutes longer. Don't act like the Colts pulled Manning much sooner than the Pats pulled Brady.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb...ayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG8

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/playb...ayPage=tab_play_by_play&season=2007&week=REG8

You're off a point. It was 45-0 when Brady left the game.

I was responding to the op, who asked what would happen if the Colt's are up 44-0 and Peyton's still in the game passing.

I was responding to the op, who asked what would happen if the Colt's are up 44-0 and Peyton's still in the game passing.

And your reponse was basically BS anyway. In the same exact situation based on when they pulled Manning today, he would have been in just as long as Brady was today

Last edited:
Peyton played through the first drive in the fourth quarter just like Brady did today. Manning played two minutes into the fourth quarter and Brady played six minutes into the fourth quarter. The only reason that Brady played four more minutes into the fourth quarter is because Brady's final drive took four minutes longer. Don't act like the Colts pulled Manning much sooner than the Pats pulled Brady.

The difference is the SCORE. Peyton left AS SOON as the Colt's went up by 24, Tom was still in the game, throwing touchdown passes, with a 45 point lead. Talk about stat padding.:rolleyes:

Don't act like the situations are anywhere NEAR the same.

And your reponse was basically BS anyway. In the same exact situation based on when they pulled Manning today, he would have been in just as long as Brady was today

See post number 29.

This is hilarious. you have Colts fans saying the Patriots are running up the score. There's a freakin' commercial for HD TVs with Peyton bragging about throwing a meaningless TD with less than a minute in the game.

Then we're told that Joe Gibbs would never run up the score, when he has many many times.

Finally, this is my favorite hypocrite of all that proves how these guys are all whiny jealous losers:

Wade Phillips, "We kicked their arse!!" after a 45-17 victory.

After the Patriots beat his Cowboys, he was so upset he barely shook BBs hand.

These people are all hypocrites, obviously.

The difference is the SCORE. Peyton left AS SOON as the Colt's went up by 24, Tom was still in the game, throwing touchdown passes, with a 45 point lead. Talk about stat padding.:rolleyes:

Manning and Brady are good friends. Manning must have taught Brady everything about padding stats from his 2004 season.

As for not saying either situation are near the same, then why did you bring it up. The Colts have blown out almost as many teams the Pats have this season and Manning has been playing in those games even after the game was out of hand like the Saints game and Jags game (Manning passed for a TD eventhough already being up 22-7 with 5 minutes left in the game). They might not be the same exact situation, but Manning was in the game and passing with the game out of hand at least midway through the fourth quarter.

Manning and Brady are good friends. Manning must have taught Brady everything about padding stats from his 2004 season.

As for not saying either situation are near the same, then why did you bring it up. The Colts have blown out almost as many teams the Pats have this season and Manning has been playing in those games even after the game was out of hand like the Saints game and Jags game (Manning passed for a TD eventhough already being up 22-7 with 5 minutes left in the game). They might not be the same exact situation, but Manning was in the game and passing with the game out of hand at least midway through the fourth quarter.

LMAO at you, calling a 15 point game, with 5 minutes left, out of reach.

Watch much football?:rolleyes:

The reason I posted AT ALL in this thread was to point out that Peyton wouldn't be IN the game with a 44 point lead, as evidenced by Tony Dungy taking him out today with a 24 point lead.

Manning has been playing in those games even after the game was out of hand like the Saints game and Jags game (Manning passed for a TD eventhough already being up 22-7 with 5 minutes left in the game). They might not be the same exact situation, but Manning was in the game and passing with the game out of hand at least midway through the fourth quarter.

uh, 15 points is 2 scores. Ask V Tech if a game is "out of hand" when you are down by 2 scores with 5 minutes left.

45 points is at absolute best 6 scores.

nice comparison though.

They are the same, as you well know. Pretending otherwise is simply ridiculous. 4 teams had blowout wins tonight. All 4 teams played their starting QB into the 4th quarter.

Last edited:
LMAO at you, calling a 15 point game, with 5 minutes left, out of reach.

Watch much football?:rolleyes:

The reason I posted AT ALL in this thread was to point out that Peyton wouldn't be IN the game with a 44 point lead, as evidenced by Tony Dungy taking him out today with a 24 point lead.

After what happened last year in the AFCCG I don't think you should be offended if Brady is still in the game in the 4th QTR even if the Patriots are winning by 50.

After what happened last year in the AFCCG I don't think you should be offended if Brady is still in the game in the 4th QTR even if the Patriots are winning by 50.

No, I suspect that both qb's will still be in the game in the fourth quarter this sunday.:D

The key to the game, IMO, will be if the Colt's defense will be able to stop the Pats offense. Peyton will get his points, of that I'm fairly certain.

The Pats may have one of the greatest offenses of all time, though.

"I hope we can see them again"?

Death wish.

They are the same, as you well know. Pretending otherwise is simply ridiculous. 4 teams had blowout wins tonight. All 4 teams played their starting QB into the 4th quarter.

Ok, right, they are the same because...........YOU SAID SO, D****IT!!!!!

:bricks:

Ok, right, they are the same because...........YOU SAID SO, D****IT!!!!!

:bricks:

Don't be silly. We'll get enough of that with the Colts trolls that will surely show up here this week. Don't become one when you are generally better than that. Both teams had their starters playing into the 4th quarter when the games were already over in the 3rd.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye