PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio is a Hater

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't like the message, attack the messenger.
I particularly loved Ken's explanation..."My wife is from Florio's home town so I know Florio. Gotcha

Or, of course, you could read Florio if you're looking to find an ally in a crusade against the Patriots ...

Last edited:
Read PFT for the news. Not the editorial pieces. I still have no clue why people read his editorial and opinion crap, get offended, then post the link saying "LOOK WHAT HE SAID LOL WTF", so more people can then go and give that website clicks, ad revenue, and further exposure. He's basically trolling all of you and is winning.

I will never blame brady for that pass, it was as good as one could expect in those circumstances of the game, Welker dropped, end of story.

I particularly loved Ken's explanation..."My wife is from Florio's home town so I know Florio. Gotcha

troll.................

House sees similarities between Tom Brady, Nolan Ryan | ProFootballTalk

"It’s not popular to contend that Brady isn’t as good as he used to be, dating back to the supposed drop by Wes Welker in Super Bowl XLVI. Some (including me) contend that, if the ball had been delivered between the numbers, Brady would have a fourth Super Bowl ring right now."

If there's anyone out there who pretends to be objective but is so obvious in his disdain for one particular franchise, feel free to point him out. Pro Football Talk is more like a one man crusade of hate.

I hope Brady corners this worm in a dark alley someday.

I don't there has been any drop-off in Brady's game. I think the 2007 numbers were a result of having one of if not the greatest deep ball receivers in history playing with him , as well as Welker, and i think last years drop-off was due entirely to losing 85% of his receptions from the year before. I think that if you went to vegas and tried to bet on Brady having worse numbers than last season you would not be getting a good deal, despite not upgrading the receiver corps with any major signings. Decline will eventually set in, and in Manning's case it already has but he is still putting up huge numbers, so they could probably cover it to some degree with the addition of great receivers. Both of their games are built on smarts and accuracy, and they are both playing at a level that gives them big advantages over opposing defenses as they know everything there is to know about what they are looking at, and only an overpowering defense is going top shut them down, as Seattle did to Manning.

I particularly like" borges" message," hey, here's a chance to crap on the Pattriots or their fans, think I will jump at it."

TROLL

Pft was the first real site of Football that i've ever followed. I wouldn't have the capacity of keeping up of everything that happens in the nfl here in Brazil without that concise and direct form of spreading news that he puts on there, so i really like PFT.

On Florio, personally, i have nothing against. Yeah, he's a hater, but everyone is entitled with their opinion, no matter how stupid it is.

What still pisses me off is that Brady threw the ball toward the sideline, while The Receiver was
looking for it down the seam. Somebody wasn't on the right page, and at that point in time,
that is inexcusable.

welker.jpg

Maybe you were so quick to attack that you didnt read where he stated that he and Florio had exchanged many emails.

I know you feel burdened with having to see that objective truth no one else is intelligent enough to see.. but looking at the world through ****e-colored glasses doesnt make you more intelligent than the rest of us.. it makes you just another self-deluded grouch.

Last edited:
That article was fine until Florio as is his wont just had to squeeze in a needless dig that wasnt even relevant to the article.

I wonder if I could do it..

Today NBC Sports has announced that it will add PFT as an affiliate. Florio will continue to hold exclusive rights to PFT content and retain ownership. This is good news for Florio who stands to make a lot of money from the deal. Unfortunately, by standing, Florio can't hide the fact that at 5'5" he is not tall enough to ride the really fun amusement park rides most 12 year old males get to enjoy.

Will the H8 for Danny Woodhead ever abate?

People should know he's from Morgantown WV. I was my wife's hometown so I'm somewhat familiar with it. The fact is that its a big Steeler area. Believe me most Steeler fans STILL haven't come to grips with those home AFCCG losses to the Pats. And even though "spygate" was a few years later, it became the ready excuse for those stunning losses when they were big favorites. This is where Florio is coming from. So there is no question that he is a BIG Pats hater....but as a jilted Steeler fan, he comes by it "honestly". Why he's such a Manning apologist, I have no idea.

I lived in Morgantown up until a year ago. It's certainly a Steeler bandwagon area. What I mean by that: those people love to wear their jerseys the day after a win, but they wont so much as talk about football anymore after a lose. They do the same thing with the Penguins and now the Pirates. Florio's biases really represent the area pretty well.

Too bad you can't comprehend what you read. He said he was "familiar with it" meaning Morgantown W.V. and the fact that the people there are largely Steeler fans.

I don't read PFT because I overheard my buddy "Curly" talking to him once (and you don't mess with Curly):

he's a Jets fan.....what do you expect?

Wrong Borgie. What I said was, my wife was from Morgantown, WV so I know first hand how much of a strong pro Steeler area it is.. And while I might have had a few email conversations with Florio more than a decade ago, I never said that I "knew him" Gotcha! ;)

House sees similarities between Tom Brady, Nolan Ryan | ProFootballTalk

"It’s not popular to contend that Brady isn’t as good as he used to be, dating back to the supposed drop by Wes Welker in Super Bowl XLVI. Some (including me) contend that, if the ball had been delivered between the numbers, Brady would have a fourth Super Bowl ring right now."

If there's anyone out there who pretends to be objective but is so obvious in his disdain for one particular franchise, feel free to point him out. Pro Football Talk is more like a one man crusade of hate.

I hope Brady corners this worm in a dark alley someday.

That Florio is a closet hater surprises you, um, why?

The solution is easy. Don't read PFT, it's a crap site. They are always writing something that will piss people off so they get more clicks. Like today when they had an article with Steve Smith saying he likes Flaccos deep ball. So obviously(According to PFT) that means that he hates Cam Newton because he didn't mention him when talking about Flacco. It's a **** site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes