PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio is a Hater

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhExaulted1

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
House sees similarities between Tom Brady, Nolan Ryan | ProFootballTalk

"It’s not popular to contend that Brady isn’t as good as he used to be, dating back to the supposed drop by Wes Welker in Super Bowl XLVI. Some (including me) contend that, if the ball had been delivered between the numbers, Brady would have a fourth Super Bowl ring right now."

If there's anyone out there who pretends to be objective but is so obvious in his disdain for one particular franchise, feel free to point him out. Pro Football Talk is more like a one man crusade of hate.

I hope Brady corners this worm in a dark alley someday.

• Agree
Reactions: JR4
  1. linvillegorge says:Jun 1, 2014 3:03 PM
    I am far from Brady’s biggest supporter and I hate the Pats, but Welker dropped that ball. It’s just that simple. He got two hands solidly on it and didn’t catch it. That’s a drop.

99 likes 11 dislikes

1. linvillegorge says:Jun 1, 2014 3:03 PM
    I am far from Brady’s biggest supporter and I hate the Pats, but Welker dropped that ball. It’s just that simple. He got two hands solidly on it and didn’t catch it. That’s a drop.

99 likes 11 dislikes

But the most insane part is that Florio is trying to evaluate Brady's post-2004 career based on one throw, 25 yards down the field, that is under debate as to whether or not it was a "good pass." Does it really make any difference? The other thousands of passes mean nothing? Had Brady thrown it 30 yards over Welker's head, then the Patriots had held the Giants, Brady is not on the decline? This is truly some of the most illogical reasoning I have seen in awhile. If Joe Montana's pass had bounced off Dwight Clark's fingertips, would it mean Montana is not clutch? Not a great QB?

Florio is a hater. When Brady signed the contract extension, he wrote about 15 "opinion pieces" that the contract was fake, Brady is not a hero, etc. etc. I have no idea why this guy is so obsessed with dissing Brady all the time. Also, PFT sucks now I used to like it, until it went from 95% news to 40% news and 60% Florio opinion pieces. It's obvious that his ego has gotten the best of him, and because he is well-connected, he thinks he is an important voice of the league. Advice: be like Adam Schefter- the most objective man in the sports world who simply reports and verifies. Your fans will like you much better. Tell your friends and family about your non-reporting opinions, but don't mix it in with your reporting. People can no longer separate your personal agenda from the stories that you report.

Who cares? There's no glory in nit picking the Buffalo Bills. It's the price of success.

And Florio has an article today talking about in three years teams will be fighting over Peyton Manning at age 41. But then again, unlike Brady, Manning's last appearance in the Super Bowl was near perfection. :rolleyes:

I don't get why people think Brady is close to done, but Manning will go for another 4-5 years. From a pure physical standpoint, Manning is showing much more decline. His arm strength has declined every year for the last two years. Yeah, he had a career year last year, but he also had a stacked receiving corp to help cover any signs of age.

I have been following PFT since before they had their first sponsor (Sprint). In his defense Florio is literally living a dream that any of us would give his right nut to live. Basically he was simply a fan who wrote a blog and grew a few contacts among some agents he knew into being a major mediot with his site and on TV. I can't tell you how often he pisses me off, but you have to admire what he's accomplished.

People should know he's from Morgantown WV. I was my wife's hometown so I'm somewhat familiar with it. The fact is that its a big Steeler area. Believe me most Steeler fans STILL haven't come to grips with those home AFCCG losses to the Pats. And even though "spygate" was a few years later, it became the ready excuse for those stunning losses when they were big favorites. This is where Florio is coming from. So there is no question that he is a BIG Pats hater....but as a jilted Steeler fan, he comes by it "honestly". Why he's such a Manning apologist, I have no idea.

My biggest complaint with Florio is that now that's big time, he tolerates no personal criticism in his comment section, which I find kind of immature. He was quite different "back in the day" when we would have email conversations over topics. Yes Martha, there was a time when the great Mike Florio would return emails to nobodies like me on a regular basis.

So even though most of my comments to topics get regularly edited out, because when I comment its usually to complain about something Florio has said ( ;) ), its still a site I go to daily to get my general NFL info in a quick and concise format.

So even though most of my comments to topics get regularly edited out, because when I comment its usually to complain about something Florio has said ( ;) ), its still a site I go to daily to get my general NFL info in a quick and concise format.

I agree it is a good source of up to date NFL news, put aside some of his rhetoric and it is fine... he now has a TV on NBC Sports... he has established himself as some type of media guru, just avoid the some of his attention grabbing headlines..

I have been following PFT since before they had their first sponsor (Sprint). In his defense Florio is literally living a dream that any of us would give his right nut to live. Basically he was simply a fan who wrote a blog and grew a few contacts among some agents he knew into being a major mediot with his site and on TV. I can't tell you how often he pisses me off, but you have to admire what he's accomplished.

People should know he's from Morgantown WV. I was my wife's hometown so I'm somewhat familiar with it. The fact is that its a big Steeler area. Believe me most Steeler fans STILL haven't come to grips with those home AFCCG losses to the Pats. And even though "spygate" was a few years later, it became the ready excuse for those stunning losses when they were big favorites. This is where Florio is coming from. So there is no question that he is a BIG Pats hater....but as a jilted Steeler fan, he comes by it "honestly". Why he's such a Manning apologist, I have no idea.

My biggest complaint with Florio is that now that's big time, he tolerates no personal criticism in his comment section, which I find kind of immature. He was quite different "back in the day" when we would have email conversations over topics. Yes Martha, there was a time when the great Mike Florio would return emails to nobodies like me on a regular basis.

I don't understand the logic of complaining about a mediot and then reprinting his words here. I see the same things concerning Ron Borges. I couldn't care less about either of them and would never read them if their bs didn't show up here.

The reason Florio has a warm and fuzzy feeling about P6 is the same reason that he hates the Pats and Brady. He's a Steelers supporter. They've struggled against Brady and have owned P6. That's why Polian had Indy lay down to get the Jets into the playoffs instead of the Steelers back in 09.

Florio needed you then. He doesn't need you now. Welcome to his world.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-similarities-between-tom-brady-nolan-ryan/

"It’s not popular to contend that Brady isn’t as good as he used to be, dating back to the supposed drop by Wes Welker in Super Bowl XLVI. Some (including me) contend that, if the ball had been delivered between the numbers, Brady would have a fourth Super Bowl ring right now."

If there's anyone out there who pretends to be objective but is so obvious in his disdain for one particular franchise, feel free to point him out. Pro Football Talk is more like a one man crusade of hate.

Meanwhile, you just gave him more clicks which is just what he wants.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...es-similarities-between-tom-brady-nolan-ryan/

If Brady had delivered a better ball they would have won. Neither Brady nor Welker won himself glory on that play. Brady was already in rough shape from the Tuck hit, he also threw that awful deep pass in 4th quarter that was picked, and then this mediocre ball to Welker on what should have been a walk-in TD with Welker uncovered. Sometimes fans just have to deal with it when their hero doesn't make the play. I bet Brady would tell you he blew it too, in confidence.

If Brady had delivered a better ball they would have won. Neither Brady nor Welker won himself glory on that play. Brady was already in rough shape from the Tuck hit, he also threw that awful deep pass in 4th quarter that was picked, and then this mediocre ball to Welker on what should have been a walk-in TD with Welker uncovered. Sometimes fans just have to deal with it when their hero doesn't make the play. I bet Brady would tell you he blew it too, in confidence.

It was not Bradys best pass.

His long ball has never been his strength.

If.

And if Welker was a normal height he would have caught it easily. Oh well.

Thought this thread was about a JAD (Just Another ****) in the media.

I can think of a few words to describe Florio, and "hater" is not one of them.

Yes, that is weird that he edits out comments that are disagreeable. I couldn't believe it. Oh and as far as Welker's drop goes it was nearly an impossible catch. He was running facing the middle of the field, the ball was thrown outside, he managed to turn and get his hands on the ball but the torque involved in turning for the ball made it all most impossible to complete the catch. I will never blame Welker for that. I will blame Tommy for a penalty opening the game causing a safety and eliminating the possibility of a field goal to tie at the end of the game.

Thing is there is no reason to go to that site, he rarely break news, he mostly takes news from other sites and passes it off as his own. You get nothing there that you don't get from Rotoworld, CBS or Profootball Rumors except for petty agendas, sensationalist spin and obnoxious predictable lecturing.

You don't like his spin, don't visit is site.

Thing is there is no reason to go to that site, he rarely break news, he mostly takes news from other sites and passes it off as his own.
Unless it's a Rosenhaus client, in which case a "league source" (Rosenhaus) gets all the breaking news to Florio first. For example, Florio has been consistently first with Gronk injury updates. There's not a less anonymous "league source" in the NFL.

Yup, Florio is a pathetic twerp. Who knew?

It's a shame, since there is a place for the kind of thing he started off doing -- putting out stuff he'd picked up from people who didn't want the information traced back to them or couldn't print in their own outlets, for one reason or another.

Then he started getting off topic and thinking of himself as a big deal pundit. If you need to feel butt-hurt, please continue reading his site.

Don't like the message, attack the messenger.
I particularly loved Ken's explanation..."My wife is from Florio's home town so I know Florio. Gotcha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes