PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Florio being a **** again about Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
From his article on Tom House today (Don't worry I am posting the relevant parts so you don't have to click on the link):

As to House’s most famous client, the pitcher-turned-pitching-coach-turned-quarterback coach said that Brady came to House because Brady believed he had lost some of his distance and accuracy. (But but but but what about those who insist that Brady is the same as he ever was?)

House is helping Brady get the most that he can out of his abilities for as long as possible, with a goal (as House explained to Marvez and Fracassi) of playing until he’s 43 to 45 years old. House could be setting himself up to have a thriving quarterback coaching business for that long or longer, especially if his clients get results.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...the-leagues-quarterbacks-are-seeking-him-out/

Here is the think to the audio of House. He starts to talk about Brady around the 0:45 second mark.

https://soundcloud.com/siriusxmnfl/...-the-other-qbs-who-have-enlisted-his-services

Of course Florio twists things out of proportion. Tom did see some change, but House said around the 0:30 second mark that he is looking to maintain or get 1% better. House does not intimate that Brady is seeing much of a decline, but he is trying to work on his technique.

Also, Florio doesn't mention that House is also works with Drew Brees. Why aren't people talking about him declining.

I don't think many people think Brady is the same physically as he was when he was 30. A 37 year old man is going to be a little less at his peak form than he was when he was 30 unless he out of shape at 30 and dedicated himself to getting fit after that. What people object to is the theory that last year showed there is a significant drop in his game by people who don't give him credit for the fact that he was short handed most of the year do to injuries and felonies and an o-line that sucked up the middle.

No worries, all those taking the dumps on Brady are just going to look even dumber when this season is over.

Florio would be better off looking at why his Steelers are going to miss the playoffs again and Roethlisbergers decline.

The formula for shutting people up is the same as it's always been in football- win big games. TB12 will do that if he has the right talent around him, same as always. If there's not enough weapons there, we can expect a lot more declining articles. That's just how it works with the mediots.

Reiss has a discussion of the interview and (of course) he doesn't come off like a little twerp like Florio:

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...764340/what-tom-brady-works-on-with-tom-house

The message I get is that Brady is facing the facts of (slight) physical decline and using every possible tool to maintain performance for as long as possible.

If you look at Brady's performance the sheer power is certainly still there -- his passes on seam routes are absolute thunderbolts. Perhaps he's not as confident about deep ball accuracy or touch passes and that is something where it is more a matter of technique. Your body necessarily changes, however superbly conditioned you are. The secret is to adjust your technique accordingly and that's what they are trying to do with TB.

Not to be forgotten is the fact that loss of arm strength and mobility is compensated for by experience and ability to read and react on the field. I'd love to see him running a flexible, up-tempo offense this season. I think we could see something special.

Were Brady not concerned about his distance accuracy metrics I would definitely be concerned that he was in danger of losing his competitive edge and motivation that helps set him apart. Like Larry Bird he notably works each offseason to improve areas of his game he feels needs work. His concerns indicate to us that he's sincerely interested in playing for several more years. Sorry Garap!

Were Brady not concerned about his distance accuracy metrics I would definitely be concerned that he was in danger of losing his competitive edge and motivation that helps set him apart. Like Larry Bird he notably works each offseason to improve areas of his game he feels needs work. His concerns indicate to us that he's sincerely interested in playing for several more years. Sorry Garap!

Yeah, that is the point that Florio is missing. Every offseason since he got into the league, Brady has worked with a throwing expert on things he sees during the regular season that he felt he was regressing on.

If you listen to the House interview, House seems to intimate that some of the reasons he was having problems with accuracy and distance had to do with his throwing motion. Sometimes, even the best QBs develop bad habits for whatever reason. House seemed to intimate much of his problem was that he was wasn't completely stepping through with his throws.

Could pitching underhand to his kids off season be destroying Tom's throwing motion? :eek:

"Hi, I'm Mike Florio. Don't let the fact that I'm a 5-foot-5 smarmy little lawyer with Napoleonic complex fool you. Or the fact that I let personal bias color my reports on certain teams (*cough* Patriots *cough*) at Profootballtalk.com. Because that's where, thanks to the magical powers of the Internet, I can make myself appear to be a BIG MAN and an EXPERT! YEAH! I need to be taken seriously there because if you ever met me in person, you'd probably laugh your ass off. Or you might accidentally step on me. And we can't let either of those things happen."Florio 1.jpg "

Hmm, the only thing I saw in this post is Tom Brady wants to play until he's 43 or 45. Everything else rendered as windings on my system.

Hmm, the only thing I saw in this post is Tom Brady wants to play until he's 43 or 45. Everything else rendered as windings on my system.

Guess you missed his little dig in there

(But but but but what about those who insist that Brady is the same as he ever was?)

Had he not stuck that in there this wouldn't be a thread. But the fact is he is florio so he has to stick his little Pats hate commentary like he does in every Patriots related thing he writes.

(But but but but what about those who insist that Brady is the same as he ever was?)

Had he not stuck that in there this wouldn't be a thread. But the fact is he is florio so he has to stick his little Pats hate commentary like he does in every Patriots related thing he writes.

If it weren't for this website, I wouldn't know what he writes or says on his show because I don't watch his show or go to PFT.

Everybody reports the same news at the same time, it is completely unnecessary to go to his site - that is unless you want to read his opinion - which most of you don't agree with - but you go to his site - and then complain about it - and then recruit others to do the same - over and over and over again.

Every time that smarmy little douche gets a dig in at the Pats you guys make him more money.

Last edited:
Tom makes some of the tightest/fastest throws I've ever seen, he just wasn't as consistent at times last year. It's not a physical issue.

That said, I don't care what media dipshits think, I'm just ready to watch him kick everyone's ass.

Peyton Manning probably has less velocity on his ball than any QB in the league, and Brees looked like that at times last year, too.

Of all the aging QBs, he's the last guy I'd doubt based on everything I've watched on the football field.

If it weren't for this website, I wouldn't know what he writes or says on his show because I don't watch his show or go to PFT.

Everybody reports the news at the same time, it is completely necessary to go to his site - that is unless you want to read his opinion - which most of you don't agree with - but you go to his site - and then complain about it - and then recruit others to do the same - over and over and over again.

Every time that smarmy little douche gets a dig in at the Pats you guys make him more money.

Well I don't make him more money because I don't go to his site.

Well I don't make him more money because I don't go to his site.
Not sure why I quoted you, I was responding to the whole thread not you in particular but good for you, neither do I.

I'm not even going to ask anymore...

Florio should go back to claiming random ex NFLers are dead. He seems to have an issue with us that has been going on for a while.

On the thread title: You mean it is Monday already? He is not quite an absolute idiot on Saturday and Sunday (unless his show gets rescheduled.)

Florio should go back to claiming random ex NFLers are dead. He seems to have an issue with us that has been going on for a while.

He has issues with Patriots because he is a Steelers fan. They run their mouths about decline, cheating and the system QB garbage out in the open, but they spend most their time crying behind a Steel curtain.

Their team isn't as successful as before. They feel entitled to that success. They attack the Patriots because Tom Brady and co. stomped their team into the ground on the way up past them. Because of said entitlement, they do not want to believe that the Patriots did/do anything legitimately.

Going back to 2002 wasn't his big weakness the long ball? Except for 2007 and Moss, what has changed. Not sure why I quoted instead of just agreed with you.

It is called trawling for clicks. By adding that he has ensured that a few hundred angry Patriot fans add to his ad views. I won't be joining them, but will listen to him being interviewed in any forum where he is not making money. (I expect I won't be hearing him. :) )

Throwing the long ball well means coordination between QB and receiver. Thanks to Ochostinko, he's starting over with receivers and the long ball takes the most work. His arm is strong, he has always worked with a coach on his mechanics and Florio has always been a douche, so why pay any attention to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down