Welcome to PatsFans.com

Florida doctor tells Obama voters they are not welcome: ‘Seek urologic care elsewhere

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Apr 2, 2010.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

What a dik??!!!

Think Progress Florida doctor tells Obama voters they are not welcome: ‘Seek urologic care elsewhere.’

“I’m not turning anybody away — that would be unethical,” Dr. Jack Cassell, 56, a Mount Dora urologist and a registered Republican opposed to the health plan, told the Orlando Sentinel on Thursday. “But if they read the sign and turn the other way, so be it.”

The sign reads: “If you voted for Obama … seek urologic care elsewhere. Changes to your healthcare begin right now, not in four years.”
  2. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Re: Florida doctor tells Obama voters they are not welcome: ‘Seek urologic care elsew

Intercom: "Paging Dr. A-hole......Dr. A-hole..."
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

Re: Florida doctor tells Obama voters they are not welcome: ‘Seek urologic care elsew

What a jack ass.. he will be viewed as a hero by some.
  4. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +132 / 31 / -3

#75 Jersey

A Doctor can refuse to treat anyone he wants, he just can't turn away critical cases landing at his door. He is only the first of many docotrs who will pull out of both Medicare and Medicaid as they keep discounting the payment docotors are getting for seeing these patients, couple that with the mounting paperwork that accompaigns these patients, and many people are going to be looking for doctors soon.

This of course, is Obama's plan, to discount the re=payment of doctors so much, that they begin to turn people away, so he can move in with his complete socialization of all health care.

The left amazes me, they keep heaping taxes and burdens on the productive to give ti to the un-productive, and then they are amazed when the productive people do not thank them for it.

The mere fact that John Edwards's wife was able to find any docotr to treat her is a miracle in itself.
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

something tells me that people who read the sign on HIS DOOR have already gotten there.

Darryl,

there you have it.
  6. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Most likely this guy's been waiting for the boomers to get old, figuring the flood of care needed would mean that he'd be able to increase prices massively. Now that he's realized that society is working on preventing him from being able to put a gun to everyone's head he's not happy.
  7. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +515 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Good luck to him on that one. Most people who seek a urologist are already old - it's not a young person's disease for the most part.

Sure shows a lot of loyalty to his patients, doesn't it?
  8. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

He took the HYPOCRATIC Oath, instead of the Hippocratic oath.
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +515 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Explains why he went into urology, doesn't it?
  10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Rookie

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

true..true...

good one Mrs PFIV!
  11. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

Define old please...I get kidney stones (bless them urologists) and don't think I'm 'old'..........

For the record, the sign is idiotic. He'd be taken more seriously if he engaged in a conversation with his patients explaining what he believes are the negatives versus the positives of the plan.
  12. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +60 / 3 / -0

#91 Jersey

Well maybe not on the outside or chronologically. But on the inside it could be a different matter. :singing: Just sayin
  13. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +880 / 6 / -16

#87 Jersey

It's What It's

14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +515 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Sorry, I was thinking more along the lines of prostate trouble - you know, the old "I can't pee right, gotta go 12 times a night," story.

Sorry 'bout the kidney stones...welcome to childbirth 101.
  15. Patsfanin Philly

Patsfanin Philly Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0

#95 Jersey

But I don't get to name my stones...5 mm across......
  16. Phokus

Phokus Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I've noticed amongst a couple of doctor acquaintances/friend, one who used to work with doctors without borders and now donates his time to free inner city clinics (outside of working for an innner city hospital) that he's quite enthusiastic about Universal Healthcare. There's a husband/wife couple who are both doctors that i know (friends of my parents) who own a huge home, a boat, a summer home, and a maybach (a $300,000 car!) and high end mercedes, that are mad as heck about obamacare.

I guess it all comes down to whether or not you go into medicine for the right reasons (helping people) or the wrong ones (making bank).

Not surprisingly, my friend who's the inner city doctor is a democrat while my parent's friends are republicans.
  17. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

Once, due to an initial bad diagnosis, had to have kidney stones surgically removed through my back.. do not wish that much pain or grossness on anyone.. when you wake up with a catheter in you know you have gone over the edge.

Prior to that had a stone passing episode, woke up in severe pain knew I had to go to the hospital, the pain was so bad I was on my hands and knees vomiting in the driveway in the rain.. freaking atrocius..

Now I go every 6 months for a KUB and a visit to my urologist, who btw supports this health care plan..

Giving childbirth is a good example..
  18. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +515 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Yeah, but they give you painkillers when you have a kidney stone. You don't have to wait until "it's time," and no one tells you how much more of a good parent you'd be if you refused all drugs and passed your stone "naturally."
  19. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +264 / 10 / -26

Never had drugs when I passed kidney stones, it is a very unexpected event.. did not know how sensitive your urethra was until this happened, a really interesting physiological experience..

Even when I had a couple of stones surgically removed, they said it would not hurt.. they lied.
  20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +538 / 2 / -9

If I was a doctor I wouldn't want to treat an "Obama Voter" either, they're racists.