PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flood Victims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Just wanted those of you in NH & MA are in my families prayers. Concord NH isn't too bad, but I know some of you south of us are having great trouble. Hope you recover quickley.

Many in NE Mass, NH, Maine have been really hit by tons of water...12-18" or more of rain in the last few days. Prayers go out to all!! Just totally amazing seeing the videos of neighborhoods with water up 4-6 feet. A very sad situation!!

Digger44 said:
Just wanted those of you in NH & MA are in my families prayers. Concord NH isn't too bad, but I know some of you south of us are having great trouble. Hope you recover quickley.

What the status of Central Mass? (Worcester/Holden/Barre) ... Any members from that area?

Ditto, Digger. For all of the b!tching we've done here in CT for the week-and-a-half + of rain, it's nothing compared with what some folks are dealing with. Hope those of you north of us are safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Downtown Exeter NH has several buildings losing 1st floors to the rivah.

What is odd is that the rain really stayed over eastern and northeast MA...NH..Maine. So the central west portions of MA are not as bad at all...
Eastern portions from what I gather 8'10" of water. but northeast MA??
Lowell, Methuen, Salem etc and NH...all got clobbered with water!!! VERY different!!
And while the flooding at first was all from the rain itself, now the worry is the rivers....and what they are saying is that this will last a few more days...so it's a LONG story that will be in the news for days and days...

Amesbury got the most at 15" of rain, with everytown between there and Lowell getting between 12-15". The rivers are raging and people are losing alot of personal property. The water is way up everywhere around here, even the lake that I live next to.

On the news it was equated that for every inch of rain, it equals 10 inches of snow. Now that's unfathomable.

Amen. Here's hoping for the best. Thoughts are with all of you up there.

Around here in seacoast NH, based on rain gauge measurements from a relative nearby, we got over 7" of rain in one 24 hour span (Saturday AM through Sunday AM). Several more inches on Sunday, which my wife and I spent pumping out my parents' lower floor (finished raised ranch). Our house is nice and dry though (high ground). Overall the town we're in (Dover) isn't all that bad, except for the downtown area. Exeter, Rochester, Somersworth (all in NH), and the Berwick and York areas in ME are getting hit hard. My wife and I are on the Disaster Response Team for the SPCA in Stratham NH, and we've set up a temporary shelter in Stratham for people who have to evacuate to bring their pets to (so, please pass that on if you know anyone in the area with pets who may need to evacuate).

Our office was evacuated yesterday because of the fear about some of the dams up river.

We sit right on the ME/NH border and the bridge going over is closed. The river is as high as I've ever seen it. Water is right up tp the bridge where it is normally 7 to 8 feet below.

Right now it is raining very hard so I hope we don't get evacuated again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes