Welcome to PatsFans.com

Flood Victims

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Digger44, May 16, 2006.

1. Digger44

Digger44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Just wanted those of you in NH & MA are in my families prayers. Concord NH isn't too bad, but I know some of you south of us are having great trouble. Hope you recover quickley.
  2. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Many in NE Mass, NH, Maine have been really hit by tons of water...12-18" or more of rain in the last few days. Prayers go out to all!! Just totally amazing seeing the videos of neighborhoods with water up 4-6 feet. A very sad situation!!
  3. Chevy

Chevy Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

What the status of Central Mass? (Worcester/Holden/Barre) ... Any members from that area?
  4. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ditto, Digger. For all of the b!tching we've done here in CT for the week-and-a-half + of rain, it's nothing compared with what some folks are dealing with. Hope those of you north of us are safe.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2005
  5. CTPatsFan

CTPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

That's weird.
  6. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,182 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

Downtown Exeter NH has several buildings losing 1st floors to the rivah.
  7. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

What is odd is that the rain really stayed over eastern and northeast MA...NH..Maine. So the central west portions of MA are not as bad at all...
    Eastern portions from what I gather 8'10" of water. but northeast MA??
    Lowell, Methuen, Salem etc and NH...all got clobbered with water!!! VERY different!!
    And while the flooding at first was all from the rain itself, now the worry is the rivers....and what they are saying is that this will last a few more days...so it's a LONG story that will be in the news for days and days...
  8. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

Amesbury got the most at 15" of rain, with everytown between there and Lowell getting between 12-15". The rivers are raging and people are losing alot of personal property. The water is way up everywhere around here, even the lake that I live next to.

On the news it was equated that for every inch of rain, it equals 10 inches of snow. Now that's unfathomable.
  9. shmessy

shmessy Maude Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +565 / 1 / -3

#75 Jersey

Amen. Here's hoping for the best. Thoughts are with all of you up there.
  10. big mike

big mike Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Around here in seacoast NH, based on rain gauge measurements from a relative nearby, we got over 7" of rain in one 24 hour span (Saturday AM through Sunday AM). Several more inches on Sunday, which my wife and I spent pumping out my parents' lower floor (finished raised ranch). Our house is nice and dry though (high ground). Overall the town we're in (Dover) isn't all that bad, except for the downtown area. Exeter, Rochester, Somersworth (all in NH), and the Berwick and York areas in ME are getting hit hard. My wife and I are on the Disaster Response Team for the SPCA in Stratham NH, and we've set up a temporary shelter in Stratham for people who have to evacuate to bring their pets to (so, please pass that on if you know anyone in the area with pets who may need to evacuate).
  11. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +161 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Our office was evacuated yesterday because of the fear about some of the dams up river.

We sit right on the ME/NH border and the bridge going over is closed. The river is as high as I've ever seen it. Water is right up tp the bridge where it is normally 7 to 8 feet below.

Right now it is raining very hard so I hope we don't get evacuated again.