Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What do you think about the new "FLEXIBLE" Sunday Schedule?

• Its a great Idea. No more inconsequential games.

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • It's ok.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • It stinks. Trying to get up Monday is hard enough.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No opinion.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not having lived in Mass. for years, for me to go to a game takes considerable planning. It would absolutely blow to have a game switched up on a whim. At least they plan on giving advance notice.

Flex-schedule is great for the casual fan who only cares to watch the winning teams on tv.

It stinks for fans who plan road trips well in advance. Uncertainty over the game time may cause fans not to travel to games.

Also on the strictly personal side, I think all night games suck (Sat, Sun or Mon). I work a PT job that requires me to be there at 04:00 (7 days a week) and my real job is from 07:00-16:00 (M-F). Many a day have been in a haze after getting home from a game at 2 or 3 am.

Night games are bad enough, having them switch at the "last minute" (relatively speaking) plain sucks.

It stinks if you are a fan that goes to the games. There are lots of logistical issues that go into planning game day. My biggest problem on game days is babysitting and this makes it harder. While I am sure I will appreciate better non-Pats games later in the year on TV, I cannot endorse this policy.

Good with me. I don't go to games so I want the best possible games on TV.

One issue of note. Supposedly, the games will be announced 12 days PRIOR to the actual game, with Fox and CBS having the ability to block the move of up to 10 games (5 each) during any season.

Now, that would mean that the announcement for week 11, would actually come the Tuesday after the week 9 Sunday Games.

This should allow plenty of time to adjust for a baby sitter, but definitely forces people to extend their travel plans into Monday for Sunday games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes