PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fletcher states he wants to stay a Bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
London was on Sirius Radio today with a fine interview on his take on where he is at in terms of the team he plays for next year...He said the Bills FO are trying everything possible to keep him and he really only wants to play for Buffalo as he feels it is a very young team who can use his veteran leadership and help improve this team and he would very much like to stay there and where he really likes the area and fans and organization.

Its gonna be hard for another team to get him to leave...good luck

I say that they will keep Fletcher but no way does Clements stay,hes gone - too much moolah between the two but DEFINATELY one stays in Buffalo and it will be fletcher IMO.

Last edited:
London was on Sirius Radio today with a fine interview on his take on where he is at in terms of the team he plays for next year...He said the Bills FO are trying everything possible to keep him and he really only wants to play for Buffalo as he feels it is a very young team who can use his veteran leadership and help improve this team and he would very much like to stay there and where he really likes the area and fans and organization.

Its gonna be hard for another team to get him to leave...good luck

I say that they will keep Fletcher but no way does Clements stay,hes gone - too much moolah between the two but DEFINATELY one stays in Buffalo and it will be fletcher IMO.

Rumor has it Spikes could be let go.. He would look nice in a pats uniform :)

Givens and Branch both said they wanted to stay with the Pats.

It doesn't always mean a whole lot.

Exactly. It just shows the guy has his PR gene switched on. There's not much point speculating away in public about how nice it might be to play in Minnesota or Carolina if there's a chance you might still be in western NY come September.

Assante has said so as well.....

Assante has said so as well.....

And if they didn't franchise him it probably wouldn't have happened.

Most guys do want to stay with their original team but by far the real deciding factor is money.

Talk is cheap.

He could be a Bill tomorrow if he just signs a deal that pays him the veteran minimum.

Yes, but those guys were entering their prime and thus looking for their Big Contract. Fletcher is near the end of his career and just wants to finish things out. I'd say its much more likely that he actually does stay with his team.

Yes, but those guys were entering their prime and thus looking for their Big Contract. Fletcher is near the end of his career and just wants to finish things out. I'd say its much more likely that he actually does stay with his team.

why would he want to go through another losing season?

why would he want to go through another losing season?
They've been improving the past few years, and he probably thinks he can continue to be a part of that by teaching the young guys on defense a thing or two.

They've been improving the past few years, and he probably thinks he can continue to be a part of that by teaching the young guys on defense a thing or two.

will they overtake the Pats or even the Jets? The Pats figure to have some new young linebackers.

if money is equal and location doesn't matter, I'd choose a winner, plus you get the playoff checks.

The past couple? They've been up and down like a glob in a lava lamp.

2003 6-10
2004 9-7
2005 5-11
2006 7-9

And it's trending downwards... 4-12 anyone?

The past couple? They've been up and down like a glob in a lava lamp.

2003 6-10
2004 9-7
2005 5-11
2006 7-9

And it's trending downwards... 4-12 anyone?
After 2004 they dropped Bledsoe because it was clear he wasn't the future. Then they went to 5-11, then they improved on that to 7-9. They are getting better. Are they as good as the Pats? Hell no. Will they overtake them anytime soon? I sincerely doubt it. But there ARE legitimate reasons why a guy in the latter stages of his career would want to stay.

I don't know why everyone is so in love with the Pats picking up Fletcher-Baker. Yes, he is a solid player, but is he suited for our defense? He has never played in a 3-4. He is rather short. I am a bit weary of paying him considering he is becoming one of the most coveted free agents.

I don't know why everyone is so in love with the Pats picking up Fletcher-Baker. Yes, he is a solid player, but is he suited for our defense? He has never played in a 3-4. He is rather short. I am a bit weary of paying him considering he is becoming one of the most coveted free agents.

I think BB is enamored with him as a player. that seems to be driving it.

I happen to agree with your concerns. His size is far from ideal (though still better than Donnie Edwards...that guy is a shrimp for an ILB), and last year the Bills run defense was atrocious (ranked 29th). So I'm not sure Fletcher would fit the bill as a run stuffing ILB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down