PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flawed Patriots defense will likely sink to Earth

Status
Not open for further replies.
the linebacking corps which sport Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel and Rosevelt Colvin aren't even in the top 10 in the league, huh?

Pats67 said:
the linebacking corps which sport Tedy Bruschi, Mike Vrabel and Rosevelt Colvin aren't even in the top 10 in the league, huh?

yeah those guys are terrible :D

Box_O_Rocks said:
Keep it coming folks! JoeSixPat, when are you going to restart the Rodney fodder disrespect thread?

http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/09/newengland-patriots-defense050906.html

I stopped after the "Key" losses: LB Chad Brown (released); LB Matt Chatham (signed with Jets); LB Monty Beisel (released); LB Willie McGinest (signed with Browns); CB Eric Warfield (released); CB Tyrone Poole (released).

Pure comedic genius.....look at all of them key losses.

PatsLoad said:
yeah those guys are terrible :D
Seriously, I keep hearing how the linebacking is a 'question mark' and so on, and not one mention that three of the team's best players are part of that four man group.

I think Colvin is going to have a great year.

Yup I've been lying awake at night wondering how we would replace Chatham and Poole......

Clonamery said:
I stopped after the "Key" losses: LB Chad Brown (released); LB Matt Chatham (signed with Jets); LB Monty Beisel (released); LB Willie McGinest (signed with Browns); CB Eric Warfield (released); CB Tyrone Poole (released).

Pure comedic genius.....look at all of them key losses.

That list is ridiculous, but even worse; when did Eric Warfield play in the 2005 NE secondary? Did they sneak him in there at SS one game that I missed?

Ticks me off when they list those guys and no mention of Hank Poteat. Where's the justice?

Pats67 said:
Seriously, I keep hearing how the linebacking is a 'question mark' and so on, and not one mention that three of the team's best players are part of that four man group.

I think Colvin is going to have a great year.

I totally agree. Injuries aside, because it is uncertain what the backups will do, Bruschi. Vrabel, Colvin and a toaster oven would be one of the 10 best LB corps in the game. If Seau and TBC can bring even average level quality to the table, that jumps into the top 5.

Oswlek said:
I totally agree. Injuries aside, because it is uncertain what the backups will do, Bruschi. Vrabel, Colvin and a toaster oven would be one of the 10 best LB corps in the game. If Seau and TBC can bring even average level quality to the table, that jumps into the top 5.
Do we have a "50" number available for the toaster oven?

Oswlek said:

Why do we need a toaster oven? We can just switch Diet Pepsi Machine from offense to defense.

Brownfan80 said:
Why do we need a toaster oven? We can just switch Diet Pepsi Machine from offense to defense.
He's more CB material, playing in space an all. The toaster oven could be that spark in the middle, making it too hot to run there.

Last edited:
Box_O_Rocks said:
He's more CB material, playing in space an all. The toaster oven could be that spark in the middle, making it too hot to run there.

Good point. Toaster Oven would make a pretty good safety though, WRs going across the middle would be toast!

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
Good point. Toaster Oven would make a pretty good safety though, WRs going across the middle would be toast!

I only wish NE had tried him out last year.

Last edited:
Oswlek said:
I only wish NE had tried him out last year.

It seems that opposing offenses had him last season and had him set to 6, as often as Starks and company got burnt.

If Wilfork really is a breakout star, as the writer suggests, then he will command a double team. If he commands a double team, the ILBs will run free on running downs, making the Pats run D top notch, and the OLBs will run free on passing downs, improving the secondary play. Conclusion: the Pats D will be dominant.

Brownfan80 said:
It seems that opposing offenses had him last season and had him set to 6, as often as Starks and company got burnt.

There are still scortch marks on the field in Denver. :bricks:

"Flawed"? Oh, don't make me break out my new "destroying the shape of an offense" analysis!

The Patriots are at the point where everyone thinks they can be smart and predict the "downfall of the dynasty." And I'm getting bored with it. For once, Rodney will actually be right when he claims no one believed in them ...

Except me, Rodney! I'm a believer!

Heck our defense should be better, now that Seymour's playing some linebacker.

"Richard Seymour. The 6-foot-6, 310-pound lineman has spent recent times dealing with different injuries, but he's dominant when healthy. The 26-year-old possesses the rare ability to shift between tackle, end and linebacker spots without even batting an eyelash. In his five-year career, the 2001 first-round pick out of Georgia has racked up 25 ½ sacks and been a major part of the Patriots' three Super Bowl titles in the half decade.

That Richard Seymour is really amazing jumping from defensive end to defensive line to linebacker. Wow

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes