PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flacco's prep this week includes riding a skateboard!!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you guys similarly judgmental when this happened?

Thank you! That was the first thing that came to my mind! I thought the kiddie scooter was a non-story, as is this. Unless Flacco was actually down at the skatepark working on his aerial moves, nothing to see here.

But as for whether posters here are as judgmental of Patriots players in similar situations, sure they are. Remember the outrage at Brandon Spikes being so wildly irresponsible as to play -- *gasp* basketball with his buddies in the offseason? :rolleyes:

It's a complete non-story.
On the contrary, it's very much a complete story. Trying to skateboard when you have never (in your life) in the week of the biggest game of your life is dumb. The issue may not be skateboarding itself but trying something brand new to you at a point of the season where it's not advisable.

Are you familiar with the ease of injury in skateboarding Deus?

Last edited:
So what? I don't hear anyone complaining about Tom riding Giselle.

on the contrary, it's very much a complete story. Trying to skateboard when you have never (in your life) in the week of the biggest game of your life is dumb. The issue may not be skateboarding itself but trying something brand new to you at a point of the season where it's not advisable.

Are you familiar with the ease of injury in skateboarding deus?
it was not this week, it was in the middle of the season!

Thank you! That was the first thing that came to my mind! I thought the kiddie scooter was a non-story, as is this. Unless Flacco was actually down at the skatepark working on his aerial moves, nothing to see here.

But as for whether posters here are as judgmental of Patriots players in similar situations, sure they are. Remember the outrage at Brandon Spikes being so wildly irresponsible as to play -- *gasp* basketball with his buddies in the offseason? :rolleyes:

But isn't a skateboard potentially more dangerous than a kid's scooter? Also, consider the sources here: Brady is INFINITELY more nimble in the pocket than Flacco. And unfortunately, lots of football players have suffered serious injury playing basketball. Best for them to stay away until their playing careers are over.

Good grief, Charlie Brown. It is amazing what people will get wrapped around the axle about as you get closer to the Super Bowl. Really? Joe Flacco rode a skateboard for 10 feet?

What other irresponsible behavior are these loons engaging in??? Texting while driving? Using space heaters in enclosed spaces?? Forgetting to floss??

Good grief, Charlie Brown. It is amazing what people will get wrapped around the axle about as you get closer to the Super Bowl. Really? Joe Flacco rode a skateboard for 10 feet?

What other irresponsible behavior are these loons engaging in??? Texting while driving? Using space heaters in enclosed spaces?? Forgetting to floss??
I haven't seen someone break their ankle flossing. That's some extreme sports you're into i82.

On the contrary, it's very much a complete story. Trying to skateboard when you have never (in your life) in the week of the biggest game of your life is dumb. The issue may not be skateboarding itself but trying something brand new to you at a point of the season where it's not advisable.

Are you familiar with the ease of injury in skateboarding Deus?

1.) Note the date it happened

2.) He's a football player. Football practice and even weightlifting is more dangerous than trying to see if you can stand on a skateboard in your driveway.

3.) These are human beings. They will do things where the risk of injury is greater than 0%. They are not required to remain in stasis chambers just because it's the playoffs.

It's a non-story.

I haven't seen someone break their ankle flossing. That's some extreme sports you're into i82.

You're not kidding. Then I found out my dentist and orthopaedic surgeon were best friends. Then it all started coming together ...

2.) He's a football player. Football practice and even weightlifting is more dangerous than trying to see if you can stand on a skateboard in your driveway.

3.) These are human beings. They will do things where the risk of injury is greater than 0%. They are not required to remain in stasis chambers just because it's the playoffs.

It's a non-story.

(Pssst. Deus. It involves the Ravens' emotionally fragile, statue-in-the-pocket quarterback. Ergo, it's a story.)

It's a non-story.
I'm clearly missing something because I've read it several times now and it keeps referring to the same date. Plus, sports related injuries are tolerable, personal stupidity is not.

I may be the most unathletic person who has ever lived and even I can ride a skateboard 10 feet with ease, so I'm pretty sure Flacco was fine. It was probably less of a health risk than his daily commute to the Ravens' practice facility.

Last edited:
I'm clearly missing something because I've read it several times now and it keeps referring to the same date. Plus, sports related injuries are tolerable, personal stupidity is not.

You making a claim that it was stupid doesn't make it so. It just makes your opinion on the matter way over the top. The guy wasn't down at the skateboard park, he wasn't sliding down railings and he wasn't boarding down cliffs.

He was going about 10 feet in his driveway.

He was probably in more danger climbing his stairs (assuming he has some) to his bedroom that night.

Last edited:
You making a claim that it was stupid doesn't make it so. It just makes your opinion on the matter way over the top. The guy wasn't down at the skateboard park, he wasn't sliding down railings and he wasn't boarding down cliffs.

He was going about 10 feet in his driveway.

He was probably in more danger climbing his stairs (assuming he has some) to his bedroom that night.
When did you become the moral authority on what constitutes personal stupidity and acceptable behaviour from the person playing the most important position on your team?

The fact that you've attempted to compare climbing a flight of stairs with skateboarding illustrates a bias toward a level I wouldn't normally reserve for your commentary Deus.

Perhaps you've never been involved with an elite level program so I'm happy to let it slide.

He's lucky he didn't get hurt. I stepped on a skateboard once in my life and it wasn't pretty lol.

To be fair he's probably a better skateboarder than he is a NFL quarterback.

He's lucky he didn't get hurt. I stepped on a skateboard once in my life and it wasn't pretty lol.
It's not so much that CityOfChampions as there's assumed risk you take on being a professional sports person. There's probability of greater risk of doing yourself harm by slipping in your bathroom, it's more the mentality that you need to employ risk aversion assessment, no matter how incidental or small the scenario.

I agree that the story is negligible at best it's more the risk assessment that I'm interested in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back