PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flacco starting and Matt Ryan starting

Status
Not open for further replies.
im pretty new here but ive been around for a long time, just came over here recently because the ESPN boards are overun with trolls. I dont intent to terrorize, its just my posting style, can be very brash at times but i mean well.

This has nothing to do with posting style, or being brash. You're annoying alot of us, because you keep making threads about the same crap. We get it, you don't like Cassel. Who cares!! All I care about is who B.B. likes. If he benches Cassel, so be it. All that matters is that HE, THE COACH, thinks Cassell is better right now. So please stop making threads about the same sh*t every freaking day. Just go bump one of your other 500 threads about Cassel.

MODS, IS THERE NO WEEKLY LIMIT TO HOW MANY STUPID THREADS SOMEONE CAN MAKE?

This has nothing to do with posting style, or being brash. You're annoying alot of us, because you keep making threads about the same crap. We get it, you don't like Cassel. Who cares!! All I care about is who B.B. likes. If he benches Cassel, so be it. All that matters is that HE, THE COACH, thinks Cassell is better right now. So please stop making threads about the same sh*t every freaking day. Just go bump one of your other 500 threads about Cassel.

MODS, IS THERE NO WEEKLY LIMIT TO HOW MANY STUPID THREADS SOMEONE CAN MAKE?

annoying alot of us? Who the heck are you? Do you know who I am?

Newsflash, Cassel and OConnell is going to be talked about -all- season. Get used to it. If you dont like me starting threads about him then I guess you arent going to like the bazzilion other threads that are gunna be started by everyone else on here all year. Until Cassel proves he is something more than a poor mans Ryan Leaf you are gunna have fans calling for his head. Why is that so hard to understand?

Newsflash, Cassel and OConnell is going to be talked about -all- season. Get used to it. If you dont like me starting threads about him then I guess you arent going to like the bazzilion other threads that are gunna be started by everyone else on here all year. Until Cassel proves he is something more than a poor mans Ryan Leaf you are gunna have fans calling for his head. Why is that so hard to understand?

Yes, I expect it, and yes as long as he doesnt throw 3 td's per game,people will want him benched. :rolleyes: I was merely explaining to you why alot of people are giving you crap in their replies. A new thread everyday is simply not needed on this topic. Try discussing the o-line that's gonna get Cassel, or even O'c killed if they don't block with some consistancy, or the D that gave up 38 points to an average offense.

Yes, I expect it, and yes as long as he doesnt throw 3 td's per game,people will want him benched. :rolleyes: I was merely explaining to you why alot of people are giving you crap in their replies. A new thread everyday is simply not needed on this topic. Try discussing the o-line that's gonna get Cassel, or even O'c killed if they don't block with some consistancy, or the D that gave up 38 points to an average offense.

I havent started a thread everyday about OConnel. But it will be heard until something is done about it, the Pats performace on offense with Cassel is UNACCEPTABLE.

There is nothing we can do about the Oline, there is no use complaining about it. We have -never- had an elite oline, we never had stud tackles, no Orlando Pace's, no Walter Jones's, we have average guys who get beat every now and then, its expected. This oline will always have problems until they get elite stud tackles, there is no use gripeing about the oline because -there is nothing we can do about it-.

OConnell can actually help the oline out with his scrambling ability, the online gets beat so what they cant touch OConnell because he is so fast on his feet. He can buy time if the protection breaks down, thats something Brady cant do at all, something Cassel cannot do as well as OConnell.

I havent started a thread everyday about OConnel. But it will be heard until something is done about it, the Pats performace on offense with Cassel is UNACCEPTABLE.

There is nothing we can do about the Oline, there is no use complaining about it. We have -never- had an elite oline, we never had stud tackles, no Orlando Pace's, no Walter Jones's, we have average guys who get beat every now and then, its expected. This oline will always have problems until they get elite stud tackles, there is no use gripeing about the oline because -there is nothing we can do about it-.

OConnell can actually help the oline out with his scrambling ability, the online gets beat so what they cant touch OConnell because he is so fast on his feet. He can buy time if the protection breaks down, thats something Brady cant do at all, something Cassel cannot do as well as OConnell.

nevermind. I give up. You win. O'connell for president :rolleyes:

why did Chad Jackson get cut? He was awesome.

why is LeKevin Smith on the team? I dunno, waste of a roster spot.

Amen to O'Connell. Please make the Cassell era stop. Please.

Belichick would never start a rookie QB.

He would also never select a running back or LB in the first round of the draft :yeeha:

And he will also never Draft a OG in the First Round thank you Logan Mankins. I like how this fan base act like they know so much about BB.:disagreement::rolleyes:

Last edited:
I've come to realize that these threads are not made with an idea for serious discussion, but only to bash the Pats and stir the pot. I'm sure the ususal suspects are sitting back right now, laughing and wondering what other nonsense they can come up with that will cause some of us, myself included, to conduct a logical analysis of gibberish. It is like astrologists talking about the planets influencing each other by being "close to each other" in alignment, and astronomists trying to explain that they aren't really close, it just looks that way. But at least most of the astologists are sincere. Most of these threads are not.
Comparing Flacco and Ryan to O'Connell is a false comparison. Completely different situations and dynamics.

1. New head coach for both Flacco and Ryan, thus no existing complex system they need to fit into. Everyone started over.

2. Both Flacco and Ryan knew before the season they'd be starting. Flacco midway through preseason, Ryan basically knew once he was picked. Thus all their teams' efforts have been geared to getting them ready. (Which was easier in the first place because of my first point). Both these QBs had weeks of practice as #1 QB before starting their first game.

3. Flacco and Ryan were first round picks. First round QBs are presumed to be the future of their franchise. No downside in starting them; if they lose who cares, really? They'll be better for next year, they are developing, right? Not true here, there's little point in throwing O'Connell in just to get him experience and hope they hit the lottery with him.

The answer to the original poster's question "why can't O'Connell start?" is "He can, of course, if you are willing to downgrade your expectations of what you want and expect from this team this season." Apparently some are willing to do so, but that better not include the team itself, until such time as Cassell proves he can't get the job done.

You see that little red square to the right of your posts? People click on the scales and add or detract to your "reputaton" depending on the quality of your posts.

I don't know exactly how it works, except that you start out green, and it takes A LOT of people giving you negative reputions for it to turn red. A WHOLE LOT, not just a few. There are safeguards - maybe a mod could explain, I don't know exactly what - so that your reputation color cannot be changed by just a few people.

It explains a lot that you came from the ESPN boards. We'd appreciate it if you would not turn this board into what they've become.

If you dont like me starting threads about him then I guess you arent going to like the bazzilion other threads that are gunna be started by everyone else on here all year. Until Cassel proves he is something more than a poor mans Ryan Leaf you are gunna have fans calling for his head. Why is that so hard to understand?
You don't need more than one thread to state your opinion. Starting multiple threads is just an attempt to annoy people, not promote discussion. Most here are Patriots fans, which means the Patriots are "our" team, and we expect our players to play well, and expect Cassel to develop as he gets more playing time. He is 2-1, and the loss is more the fault of the defense. Plus, your comparisons are nonsensical. Ryan Leaf and Matt Cassel have absolutely nothing in common.

fail_thread.jpg

Beautiful.

Do you actually even watch games or just spew incessant crap?

Ryan is the 25th ranked QB in the league, Flacco the 31st. Cassel even after Miami ranks 15th.

Did you not hear the broadcast crew talking about how you don't ever really want to start a rookie let alone one drawn from a less competitive college division. Atlanta and Baltimore had no choice.

Those stats are a little misleading. Atlanta has the the top rusher in the NFL, and Baltimore has run the ball more than any team in the league (percentage wise vs the pass). Our situation is a little different, we have no running game, and our pass blocking leaves a lot to be desired. That being said, I would assume O'Connell would probably have to pass a lot more than Ryan & Flacco (and probably run more too, lol). I was quite impressed with Flacco last night, and very impressed with Ryan so far. Those two have to start due to injuries, the same may very well be said about O'Connell by the end of the season.

Baltimore had more experienced QBs on the roster, maybe Atlanta didnt have a choice. Rothlisburger started his rookie year, Peyton Manning did, lots of QBs do.

I just dont agree when people say a rookie cant start because he dont know the system.

Who? Troy Smith was a backup last year and didn't play, Flacco has a better arm and is a more prototypical QB. Boller is on the IR. Flacco got the job by default with an eye on the future.

Can you imagine if Flacco had Moss and Welker to throw to instead of these D3 wideouts?

Poor guy is asked to make filet mignon out of groundchuck

Yup, cause Mason sucks....:rolleyes:

why is LeKevin Smith on the team? I dunno, waste of a roster spot.

Exactly, question for you Keegs, after that stiff LeKevin gets cut next season, are you going to remove that sig pic? That's a waste of server space.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flacco and Ryan were at the top of the draft class at QB and had potential to come in and play in their rookie season - O'Connel is a third rounder - Much different

Cassel still sucks but you cant put a 3rd rounder QB in there right now - Tom Brady was a rare exception when he moved up to backup in early 2001

O'Connell will get his time in training camp right now.

Right now, it's Cassel's team. You may not like it, but IBBWT:singing:

Give him a chance. He's started 3 games since high school. By the end of the season he'll be world's better.

How good was Brady 3 games into his freshman in college season?

There's no reason to think Cassel won't be one of the best in the league by the time the season's over. Nothing to lose, everything to gain. He has the tools and the skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back