PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Flacco MVP. Good news for Pats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here comes the franchise tag. Should be a no-brainer, save a few mill for 2013 and kick the can down a year

How can anyone not want Boldin after that game? He made all the catches in the clutch. Something the pats can never get anymore.

I couldn't see any reason not to want him here for a couple of seasons, other than the obvious choice of potential cost, and that will likely be reason enough--at least I would imagine.

I'd love a guy like that here, it's what they've been missing for awhile now.

I think that the cost of Boldin would likely be too much for Belichick to spend though, and that's "if" the Ravens even end up letting him go which is still a big question.

How effective is Flacco going to be without his favorite target? That's a question that they will have to figure out, but I'm wondering if some here are jumping the gun as far as assuming that he's already gone.

Here comes the franchise tag. Should be a no-brainer, save a few mill for 2013 and kick the can down a year
Not if he holds out, which he definitely should in that scenario. No reason to risk an injury until he's got his $40M guaranteed in the bank.

Meh - I'm depressed that the rat birds won and as Welker's wife stated, a criminal to retire on a white horse.

I am depressed

you ain't seen nothing yet...just wait until Ray ray takes his seat on the board at ESPN on Sundays next season....prepare to eat crow(Raven) for the next ten years at least

Ray Lewis not only getting away with murder but getting to retire as a two-time champion shows that fair doesn't exist. Sometimes the bad guys win. Others may disagree but I don't care, that's how I see it.

And Flacco winning MVP isn't good news because it means the Ravens won the SB, and it doesn't matter because he is going to get paid big money this offseason regardless of the outcome. I still think the odds are Flacco gets franchise tagged (it's the only way Baltimore will be able to afford him and there are no viable Plan B options in free agency or the Draft) and Reed re-ups with Baltimore.

The Ravens caught fire at the right time, just like the previous two SB winners did, and I think with Ray Lewis gone, they've got nowhere to go but down. But I thought the same thing of the Giants after Strahan retired so who the hell knows at this point.

Ed Reed a year older and slower is still better than anything the Pats have back there right now. Brains and experience alone will be a huge improvement.

Flacco still has a security blanket in Pitta. If Boldin leaves they won't have the deep jump ball threat.

Pats need a tall CB/S to counter those kind of threats. Can Glass I be that player?

Stay tuned :cool:

Flacco still has a security blanket in Pitta. If Boldin leaves they won't have the deep jump ball threat.

Pats need a tall CB/S to counter those kind of threats. Can Glass I be that player?

Well Torrey Smith is still a deep threat and the Ravens can draft a WR if Boldin walks. And if you noticed the Ravens took a page out of the Pats playbook with Pitta and ****son being effective and physical receiving threats in the Bowl game.

Watching Reed this season, he just doesn't look like the Reed of old. He still is better than anything we have tho :/

Flacco is very much like Ben Roethlisberger.

The two are very similar QBs.

Elite?

He's as elite as Ben R.

One has won the Superbowl MVP while the other hasn't. Just putting it out there :(

Cough Tavon Wilson Cough

The Ravens will have to tag him with the exclusive-rights franchise tag, otherwise some team would glady pony up the 2 #1 picks to sign him, possibly via a deal that tha Ravens couldn't match. That ERFA number is $18-$20M. To be able to do this, the Ravens need to clear that much cap space before applying the tag. It's pretty clear that they manipulated the cap to make a run last year and this year. That's one of the reasons why they didn't do a deal with Flacco earlier. The Ravens' Superbowl hangover is going to last a lot longer than a day or two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back