PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Five Sexy Stories of 2009 by Jamie Dukes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jaime Dukes is about as valuable as an analyst as Deion Sanders.

Those are, however, intriguing topics for the coming season. I can't believe that actually gave him a column, though.

Do you guys envision Tom coming back and hitting the ground running right where he left off in 2007; or do you at least fear a set back at least a little bit? I don't know what to expect. You really can never tell with those knee injuries.
No. I expect Tommy to be a little rusty and, contrary to what many think, a little tentative. It'll last at least through six or so games. Honestly, I expect a much more run-oriented Patriots team throughout the season, but especially in those first few weeks to build Tom's confidence. I'm no saying we won't see games that look similar to 2007, but I don't expect that all year long again.

Did you see it? Or did Hector?

Yes. I've seen it.

Dukes was trying to do his job, he was trying to get a response out of Cassel. He didn't go overboard, he wasn't unprofessional. He was doing his job.

If Matt can't handle THAT, how the hell can he handle all the pressure and criticism he'll be getting in life from fans, media, coaches and fellow players?

You can't be a gentle flower and be in the NFL. Ricky Williams is proof of that.

Yes. I've seen it.

Dukes was trying to do his job, he was trying to get a response out of Cassel. He didn't go overboard, he wasn't unprofessional. He was doing his job.

If Matt can't handle THAT, how the hell can he handle all the pressure and criticism he'll be getting in life from fans, media, coaches and fellow players?

You can't be a gentle flower and be in the NFL. Ricky Williams is proof of that.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree, because I think that goading and rudeness have no place in any business, nor do I feel that it has anything to do with what Cassel can or cannot handle. Dukes is a loud mouth, non-insightful prick, and an ineffective one at that. If you like that, then all the power to you. I don't.

I presume that Hector will take your side, the biased bastard.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree, because I think that goading and rudeness have no place in any business, nor do I feel that it has anything to do with what Cassel can or cannot handle. Dukes is a loud mouth, non-insightful prick, and an ineffective one at that. If you like that, then all the power to you. I don't.

I presume that Hector will take your side, the biased bastard.

who the h*ll is hector? :D

dukes is annoying as hell but it looks like the Grapefruit 45 diet has done him wonders

I predict the Pats going 14-2 with Brady having 4600 yds and 40TDs and 9 INTS and a superbowl victory over the 14-2 Philly Eagles.

I predict the Pats going 14-2 with Brady having 4600 yds and 40TDs and 9 INTS and a superbowl victory over the 14-2 Philly Eagles.

40 TD's? That's a big estimate. I sure hope he gets close to that for real.

I’m not so sure it will go so smoothly, even though I do believe they will be the team to beat.

Nice open ended comment here. :rolleyes:

Yes. I've seen it.

:confused:

Last I checked, Ricky Williams was in the NFL.

Since when is sexy a meaningful quality in a football story unless it's about cheerleaders?

His job is to facilitate interesting TV. Goading Cassel into talking about his contract situation and the like is something he SHOULD be doing.

I don't know why you guys get all butthurt over this sorta thing.

I passionately disagree. The end of possibly getting higher ratings doesn't justify the means of acting like a pompous jerk (not that I saw the interview, just characterizing what was said here). It's said that so many people believe otherwise. :(

Here's another opinion of what the five biggest stories of the 2009 preseason will be; this list compiled by Albert Breer of The Sporting News

Spring brings resolutions for Cutler, T.O. and Brady

He ranks "Is Tom Brady all the way back?" third behind "How will the Broncos replace Jay Cutler?" and "What will the Cowboys do with (I think he meant 'without') Terrell Owens?"

Here's another opinion of what the five biggest stories of the 2009 preseason will be; this list compiled by Albert Breer of The Sporting News

Spring brings resolutions for Cutler, T.O. and Brady

He ranks "Is Tom Brady all the way back?" third behind "How will the Broncos replace Jay Cutler?" and "What will the Cowboys do with (I think he meant 'without') Terrell Owens?"

Personally, I feel this list is a lot more intriguing. Thanks for posting it, jmt.

I passionately disagree. The end of possibly getting higher ratings doesn't justify the means of acting like a pompous jerk (not that I saw the interview, just characterizing what was said here). It's said that so many people believe otherwise. :(

His job is to entertain. He's not spitting in orphan's food here. Not that he's on the same level as Woodward and Bernstein but do you think they got where they got by asking nicely and moving on?

Watching that interview it felt to me that Dukes was feeling like he was getting a line of bull and he was trying to goad Matt Cassel into speaking his mind. I'd fault him for doing otherwise, personally.

And for the record the interview seemed really mild compared to how traumatic people in this thread have made it seem. Dukes is a loud, bombastic guy and he was trying to get Matt to dispense with the bull****.

That is his job.

I think he might be rusty at the start. I don't expect him to destroy secondaries as he did in '07. After their O-line got whipped by the Giants D-line in the '08 super bowl, I thought the Pats would try to be more of a balanced offense to reduce the exposure of Brady. However, I was wrong, as they tried to spread the field as usual against KC. With that said, I expect the Pats to open up the season as more of a running team until Brady feels comfortable enough to run their similar offense in '07.

I'll just say that I'm not happy that we have to wait till week 9 to play you guys. He should be hitting his stride right around that time. :rolleyes:

I wonder if we'll see the same kind of offensive sets that you displayed last year with McDaniels and Cassell. I think the idea was to give Matt a lot of play makers on the perimeter and afford him the opportunity to get the ball out of his hands much quicker. I think Tom Brady kind of disguises some weaknesses the Patriots have in pass protection with his uncanny ability to get the ball out immediately and put it on a receiver with conviction and accuracy.

I've got to think you'll see more of the same in 2009 that you saw in 2008; but I also think you'll see more traditional running sets as you've said.

Me too, he is my least favorite person on Total Access.

Mine is Marsh(mellow) Faulk! Maybe we need a poll to determine who is least liked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye