PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Five people who talked sense today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eisen: "That was really tough to see -- a team cheating during the AFC championship game." Then Woodson proceeds to analyze some of the tape segments and explain to him how the whole episode wasn't that big a deal.

Eisen isn't all that bright and insightful, he's more a master of ceremonies than savvy football guy.[/QUOTE]

You put that exactly right. All he does is feed the commentators scripted questions and sometimes make an attempt at acting like he knows something about football. I really like Rod Woodson and really enjoyed his thoughts and opinions throughout this season ( I got NFLN last July ). He can be a little harsh at times, but it was all fair and subjective. He's seems like a great guy. NFLN has it's moments but for the most part is a much better option then ESPN. M. Faulk is annoying and biased but not terrible. Jamie Dukes is ok as well.

Well the NFL Networks Tom Jackson will be on tom Marshall Faulk, I guess he will have his say... Cant wait to hear from holyier than now Kurt Warner , the ultimate system QB...

Well the NFL Networks Tom Jackson will be on tom Marshall Faulk, I guess he will have his say... Cant wait to hear from holyier than now Kurt Warner , the ultimate system QB...

You KNOW that Faulk will rip the Patriots today, and I hate the guy already. It's just a matter of how far he wants to go with it and how ridiculous he wants to be. I think I'll steer clear of NFLN today.

Believe it or not - - from NEWSDAY of all places:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spglaub0514,0,4472256.column

As I was sitting Tuesday in a hotel conference room watching the tapes that former Patriots video employee Matt Walsh submitted to the NFL, one thought kept popping into my head: This is what the whole Spygate mess was about?

Walsh submitted eight tapes to the league last week, and after his long-awaited meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell Tuesday morning, the tapes were shown to the media. The epicenter of one of the biggest controversies in pro sports history was shockingly tame.

Believe it or not - - from NEWSDAY of all places:

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-spglaub0514,0,4472256.column

As I was sitting Tuesday in a hotel conference room watching the tapes that former Patriots video employee Matt Walsh submitted to the NFL, one thought kept popping into my head: This is what the whole Spygate mess was about?

Walsh submitted eight tapes to the league last week, and after his long-awaited meeting with commissioner Roger Goodell Tuesday morning, the tapes were shown to the media. The epicenter of one of the biggest controversies in pro sports history was shockingly tame.

Glauber is a very honost no agenda reporter.. He is a very solid reporter ... And by the way , he was right Enough already...

Dale and Holley...Holley has been GREAT throughout ALL of this....

The host of a show, Rich Eisen, is, in effect, a moderator. He should be unbiased. He should feed the questions to the guests and let them formulate an opinion. I watched the 10 NFLTA last night and was shocked how often, during monologue, Eisen interjected his own opinion. It was very unprofessional.

The host of a show, Rich Eisen, is, in effect, a moderator. He should be unbiased. He should feed the questions to the guests and let them formulate an opinion. I watched the 10 NFLTA last night and was shocked how often, during monologue, Eisen interjected his own opinion. It was very unprofessional.

How many shows on today, particularly in sports, feature an 'unbiased' host?

The notion of a silent, unbiased, moderator was tossed overboard a long time ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes