Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fitna Movie released...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by weswelker#83, Mar 27, 2008.

1. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

Video :
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=7d9_1206624103

The movie wasn't as extreme as it was made out to be. It's actually quite mild.

Either way, he is just showing the extremist muslims. He does make a good point that it's up to Islam to disregard the violent passages in the Koran. Most christians choose to not worry about the violent passages in the Bible.

But comon, the stuff about Muslims hating homosexuality? All three of the Abrahamic religion hate gays, perhaps Wilders shouldn't mention gay-bashing.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2008
  2. blackglass3

blackglass3 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

The only thing that bothers me is that if someone was to make an anti-Christianity video like this, no one would blink at it. All the major religions have extremists...the people who are part of these religions have to accept that.

Yeah, the gay thing was funny. Most Christans have treated gay people so well these last 100's of years.

3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

If you think Christians have "persecuted" same-sex practioners, you should visit the Episcopal Church in New Hampshire; they have a "gay" bishop. He has a "husband". Oh, and a former wife with whom he had children.

Or, try the various branches of the Lutherans, United Church of Christ, Methodists, or your local Catholic priest (if you are 13 years old).

//

Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  4. blackglass3

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

Like I said above, every religion has extremists. You can't sit here and say that Christians on a whole have been innocent bystanders throughout history. Some are just vile to gay people in the name of God.

One gay bishop? I am sure I can name one Muslim that isn't a terrorist, but that doesn't mean they all aren't. You can't name one anomily and then act like that is the norm.

5. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Never said Christians have been "innocent by-standers". I'm a Unificationist and many Christians say I worship the devil, or am at least a heretic.

My point is that Christianity, in addition to persecuting new religions and new interpretations of God's providence, are simultaneously turning more and more lax in their views on original sin and its derivatives. Ie: the practice by many Christians today of the acceptance of same-sex relations, clearly prohibited even in the Bible, as well as in traditional Judeo-Christian (and, yes, Muslim) faith.

//

6. blackglass3

Ratings:
    +62 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

What's a unificationist? I would look it up on wikipedia, but half of that crap is always slanted one way or the other. And I am not trying to be nosy, different religions and secters of religions interest me.

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Unification Church movement, aka "Moonies". A church movement that has now expanded beyond a narrow denomination to embrace all denominations, religions, and even people of conscience. Name has officially change to the "Family Federation for World Peace and Unification."

http://www.familyfed.org/

Also, working on the level of governance, NGO, and educational facility is the Universal Peace Federation, aka the "Peace UN" or "Abel UN", a world level body of government leaders, educators, religious leaders, and scientists.

http://upf.org/

All of these endeavors have been founded by the Rev. Dr. Sun Myung Moon, born in the northern part of Korea in 1920, a citizen of South Korea since 1946, and still active today at the age of 88.

http://www.reverendsunmyungmoon.org/

//