PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First wave of cuts

For those of you eying up DaRick Rodgers, sounds like he's been traded to the Lions for QB Thad Lewis.

That seems like a massive mistake on the Bills side. Why trade a WR with a ton of upside for a QB that you'll potentially have for a week or two? :/ Da Bills....

That seems like a massive mistake on the Bills side. Why trade a WR with a ton of upside for a QB that you'll potentially have for a week or two? :/ Da Bills....

Maybe the Manuel injury is worse than they thought and if the Kolb concussion is career ending like is being reported they might have to keep Lewis, Leinart & Tuel for a while.

Maybe the Manuel injury is worse than they thought and if the Kolb concussion is career ending like is being reported they might have to keep Lewis, Leinart & Tuel for a while.

Please treat my post with pinch of salt. don't think it's any more than twitter speculation for now. (will be editing my post)

I read earlier today that Da'Rick Rogers was on the Bills bubble anyway. That's kind of surprising seeing that they still have tons of question marks after Stevie Johnson and Robert Woods.

What does that mean? Harmon is a lock? You might be right. I've got McCourty, Gregory, Wilson and Wilson at the safety position. That could be it.

The fifth safety is one of those tough spots to keep or drop, depending on what they do at other spots like running back (I keep five there) and DL, with Armstead on PUP presuming he can get over the infection and come back.

In the mix here at safety is Ebner on Special Teams and whether you keep five corners and hold onto to Dowling. I don't see keeping more than 10 DBs in total.

This is a deep team.

Historically, closer to a dozen including the ST players.

Those talking about the QB trade with the Bills (and Leinhart is also signing/signed there) might want to take a look at this:

The news on Bills quarterback Kevin Kolb, who left Saturday’s preseason game with a head injury, appears to be very bad.

Tim Graham of the Buffalo News reports that the Bills are concerned Kolb’s concussion may be career-ending, and they’re proceeding with that in mind...

...The Bills are acting like a team that expects to have a real need at quarterback: They signed Matt Leinart and traded for Thaddeus Lewis today.

Report: Bills fear Kevin Kolb?s concussion may be career-ending | ProFootballTalk

This is very sad. Kolb came into the NFL with such promise. It's an interesting counterpoint to the quotes from some players about preferring being hit in the head than at the knees this morning in the wake of Dustin Keller's season ending injury.

Really scary. I hope he is OK, it is the most important thing. The Bills QB situation has really unravelled.

This is very sad. Kolb came into the NFL with such promise. It's an interesting counterpoint to the quotes from some players about preferring being hit in the head than at the knees this morning in the wake of Dustin Keller's season ending injury.

I think players prefer because there is more gray area to getting hit in the head. Getting hit in the knee is pretty white and black: if tendons tear, you're done.

I remember watching Kolb suffer his first (?) concussion while starting for the Eagles in 2010.
The hit seemed relatively innocuous, face-first into grass not phonyturf.
Maybe some people are concussion-prone?

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back