PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

first time to Gillette Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

lslinder

Rookie
Reaction score
I will be heading to the game tomorrow with my 17 year old daughter for the first time. Are you allowed to bring blankets into the stadium and how about backpacks to hold the blanket? Also, I'm coming from Nashua, NH, area. How much time should I allow to get there for 1 pm. thanks for any info.

Blankets are good but the backpack could be a problem depending on the security person you get. If your just going into the stadium (no tailgate) then I'd plan to get there at 11:00-11:30 if it's your first time. They have the ceremony before the game for the 85' team and that gives you enough time to check out the stadium. Traffic could be worse on RT1 tomorrow because of the weather and what I would believe will be a late arriving crowd so you may want to get there earlier then I suggested.

Here's the Prohibited Item list FYI:
http://www.patriots.com/stadium/index.cfm?ac=stadiumnewsdetail&pid=8625&pcid=42

Last edited:
No Backpacks

They took my sister's purse because it had 2 straps and was considered a backpack. They held it in a "coat check" tent till after the game.

Kraft is VERY tough on what you can and can't do.

Blankets are OK though.

Have fun and get there EARLY.

Last edited:
if you are tailgating, get there at 9AM (will save you tons of traffic headaches)

if not, i'd still get there by 10:30 (the traffic will be bad by then; it takes a while to park).

i start walking into the stadium 1 hour before kickoff (it takes that long to go through security, grab a beer, and get to your seat)

i tailgate... if i could make tomorrow's game, id be in line at the gate at 8:45AM (gates officially open at 9, but they always let people in before)

if you are in the 300-level, be prepared for lots of wind

oh yeah, MAKE LOTS OF NOISE

Last edited:
Or take the train from Boston, this will cost you $10.00 each round trip, and it leaves @ 11:00 AM and will bring you directly to the stadium an hour before. There are very good details on the web site.

Be prepared for sticker shock when you arrive...it's $35 to park.

If your 17yr old daughter is anything like mine......pack some of those foot and hand warmers that you stick inside boots and mittens!

AStack75 said:
Be prepared for sticker shock when you arrive...it's $35 to park.

Or $40 to park OUTSIDE the stadium within a mile for easier exit access.
You'll love the stadium. I drive from Seacoast NH thru Boston. You should just take 495 to Rt1. Leave at 9:30AM. Allow 90 minutes which considers Rt1 traffic. You'll arrive at 11AM. Park in the 1st available stadium lots and walk. I usually meet friends to tailgate but there's plenty to see walking around. Enjoy the atmosphere. It's safe. Start entering at least 1 Hr and really earlier so you can walk around the stadium and see the pregame ceremonies on the '86 Champions.

Plenty of restrooms. Keep your ticket stubs because you need them each time to get to your seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing