PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First thread! - Best Fantasy QB

nukin

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Anyone see Drew Brees Fantasy score this week? He has quickly become the best fantasy QB, IMO. Who do you guys think is the best/most reliable?

I would say that P. Manning is the best overall. Though, he isn't too great lately.

Yup, I checked the stats and PM is the fantasy qb to have.
McNabb was even better before he went down to injury

Yup, I checked the stats and PM is the fantasy qb to have.
McNabb was even better before he went down to injury

Yeah, but what fan wants to admit to having PM on their fantasy team :p ... Michael Vick is a good one as well when he has a good day rushing with a decent day passing.

I think Vick can actually be one of the most frustrating fantasy players to have.

It is rare that he passes for over 200 yards.

his receivers keep dropping the ball

The Falcons offense is based on so many runs and short plays that they have to make at least four third down conversions on each TD drive.

His rushing stats and rushing stats alone are the only reason why he is even deserving of a fantasy roster spot.

As much as it pains me, I think Peyton is still the guy to have. As a Pats fan, I will never own him, and I have been pleasantly surprised thus far wiith taking a chance on Tony Romo.

I agree that Drew Brees has been spectacular though.

Yeah, but what fan wants to admit to having PM on their fantasy team :p ... Michael Vick is a good one as well when he has a good day rushing with a decent day passing.

Pats fan or not, if PM is available when you're drafting you take him.
That is assuming all the stud running backs are taken. Like LaDanian Tomlinson.
Now that's a fantasy player.
Michael Vick is way too inconsistant. Wouldn't want him.

Mcnabb was godly before he went down. :( I rode him to many victories and he only cost me a 5th round pick.

Right now I'd say Brees, P. Manning, Carson Palmer in that order.

There are plenty of QBs that rack up garbage time fantasy points that boost their value though. Examples would be Bulger, Leinart, Eli Manning.

Some Qbs are starting to heat up now though such as Romo and Garcia so you always need to keep on eye on who's getting hot lately.

Last edited:
There's the top tier of Brees, P.Manning and McNabb with Palmer and Bulger not far behind on the 2nd tier. Guys like Brady, Delhomme, Green and Hasselbeck make you cheer one week, then swear blue streaks the next. Vick is a tease. Favre & Eli are way too unreliable. Rothlisberger surprised me with his TD count, but throws way too many picks. Romo and Leinart will be interesting to watch next year. I'm sure I'm missing some worth noting.

Regards,
Chris

Phil Rivers has come on for me as of late.
But my team is very mediocre.
Rookie year and I made some rookie mistakes.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back