First Take: Five Thoughts on the Patriots NFL Draft Needs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
First Take: Five Thoughts on the Patriots NFL Draft Needs
By:

The 2013 New England Patriots season is in the books, so it only makes sense we turn our attention to the NFL Draft. The past several seasons I've dissected and analyzed each class, just as I will this year. Here are five thoughts on the Patriots 2014 N...

When I clicked on the link the first thing I saw was the golf cart taking Gronk off the field. After this year they could really use some depth at the drivers position.

I agree with pretty much everything he said in the article. I liked how he stated an upgrade was needed at SS and more help was needed on the defensive line. I really don't agree that wide receiver is a big need. He did follow up though by saying he wouldn't draft a wide receiver but would target a mid level free agent. Going into next year with a new tight end or two would also help. He went after the interior of our interior offensive line as well.
I kind of agree that Mankins did not play great last year and we all saw what happened to Wendell against Denver and Connelly isn't that great to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes