PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First round bye on the line next week ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Am i right? if we beat the steelers we clinch the bye and if the colts lose we get homefield throught ? I guess BB will ride this on the team all week.

Yes you are right.

The big thing from last night for me is it virtually clinched the #1 seed. To lose it, Pitt or Indy would have to win out and we'd have to lose 3 out of 4. Staying undefeated is nice but virtually locking in the #1 seed was the key for me.

You are correct. Win equals a 1st round bye, Win + Indy Loss equals HFA throughout

Yes you are right.

The big thing from last night for me is it virtually clinched the #1 seed. To lose it, Pitt or Indy would have to win out and we'd have to lose 3 out of 4. Staying undefeated is nice but virtually locking in the #1 seed was the key for me.

Most excellent point. Now if BB can get rid of those imposters and find the REAL Patriots (who can tackle and catch) we'll be all set.

Yes you are right.

Agreed. In fact, not that I would mind goign 19-0, but the whole undefeated thing is getting out of hand. This is not an original thought (I have an allergic reaction to those, so I tend to avoid them), but one of the problems now is that, playing a team like Baltimore, the game laast night was one way -probably the only way - they could redeem their lousy season, whereas for the Pats, its another game on teh road against a losing team after clinching the division. Football is an emotional game and a set up like that puts us at a distinct disadvantage, I don't care how good a coach and motivator BB is. If we were to lose even one game, that is much less of an issue. I am not advocating it, just saying....

These next four games are very important for Indy and Pitt.

Indy has 4 AFC opponents coming up. Pitt has 3.

Indy: @BAL, @OAK, vs HOU, vs TEN
Pitt: @ NE, vs JAX, @STL, @BAL

An AFC loss by Indy would be a huge boost for Pitt if Pitt can beat NE. Vaults them to #2 if I'm doing this right.

not necesarily an easy four game stretch for either Indy or Pitt, especially if Baltimore can play them tough like last night...probably wont happen, but it might.

Am i right?

No, you are wrong that it is "on the line". They could lose and still get HFA relatively easily. "On the line" implies they lose HFA if they lose the game... it's not a must-win, and thus has less urgency than a must-win.

Last edited:
Am i right? if we beat the steelers we clinch the bye and if the colts lose we get homefield throught ? I guess BB will ride this on the team all week.
Sounds right... beating the Steelers would give us 4 games on them with 3 games left. Indy would still be in the hunt if they win, but we would have to lose all 3 remaining games to lose the #1 seed.

These next four games are very important for Indy and Pitt.

Indy has 4 AFC opponents coming up. Pitt has 3.

Indy: @BAL, @OAK, vs HOU, vs TEN
Pitt: @ NE, vs JAX, @STL, @BAL

An AFC loss by Indy would be a huge boost for Pitt if Pitt can beat NE. Vaults them to #2 if I'm doing this right.
Are the Ravens going to give Indy a game like they gave us, or will they fall back to their usual uninspired lameness?

Are the Ravens going to give Indy a game like they gave us, or will they fall back to their usual uninspired lameness?

ravens will get drilled by the colts IMO

Do you guys think,if the Pats clinched HFA next week they'll go for a perfect season or do they rest their starters in last two games?

A Pats Fan from Germany

Do you guys think,if the Pats clinched HFA next week they'll go for a perfect season or do they rest their starters in last two games?

A Pats Fan from Germany

Personally I would rest them. I would hate to see the Pats lose someone like Brady, because he was hit in a pretty meaningless game.

With a first round bye, I don't think you'll see much resting unless someone's banged up. I expect the Patriots to play out as they have been. If the undefeated season is still on the line against the Giants, I think you'll see the whole team for the whole game. One week off is a good amount, two is too much, in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes