PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First roster cutdown: who's in, who's out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not impressed whatsoever with Donte' Stallworth this preseason.

To be fair, I haven't seen anything from any of the WRs that is terribly impressive this preseason. The whole offense is out of rhythm right now, which makes it difficult to evaluate the pass catchers. The only players that have caught balls consistently so far have been Gronk and Hernandez.

Per Shalize Barrett and Ventrone are first out...

For Ventrone, it's the first of 20 cuts throughout the season...might as well start early

LOL

Rich Eisen‏@richeisen

@SI_PeterKing @shalisemyoung just wait a day Peter. Ventrone will be back on the roster, I'm sure. This is just the beginning.

Gerard Warren has also been released per SMY.

Does this mean Brace makes the team?

I don't personally think that Brace was in too much danger of not making the team--regardless of Warren making it or not.

As for Warren's situation, they can bring him back after week #1, which is what they did last year if I'm not mistaken. It allows them not to have to guarantee his salary due to not being on the week one roster.

Does this mean Brace makes the team?

You would think.

Christopher Price‏@cpriceNFL

Young defensive linemen like Ron Brace getting a boost last few days with release of Warren & Fanene.

One Stooge down, two more to go!

Thank God. I'm almost as happy to see Barrett go as I am to see Ebner emerge. I can't see Sergio Brown lasting another day, either. Ihedigbo is the best of those 3 guys, but he's pretty limited in terms of what he can do.

Thank God. I'm almost as happy to see Barrett go as I am to see Ebner emerge. I can't see Sergio Brown lasting another day, either. Ihedigbo is the best of those 3 guys, but he's pretty limited in terms of what he can do.

Do any of the 3 have PS eligibility? It would be nice to have Ihedigbo on the back burner.

Do any of the 3 have PS eligibility? It would be nice to have Ihedigbo on the back burner.

No to Barrett, Jeff and Sergio. Yes to Ebner but I hate for him to be claimed by some team.

Last edited:

So far just Ventrone. Ihedigbo is a 6 year veteran.

Lurking in (or on) the shadows, no doubt. See you in week 10 or 11 Gerard!

Most likely, but as BB is wont to do, it gives Warren, a respected vet, a chance to catch on with another team if the opportunity arises.

Hasn't Warren said that he will only play for the Pats though?

As much as I'm happy that Barrett will not be on the roster in the foreseeable future, we should all keep in mind that this is a real person who just got fired from his job. I cheered like an ******* when Eric Alexander was cut prior to the 2010 season and a wise member here put me in my place. It's hard not to feel sorry for some of these guys who try their best and get cut anyway (unlike Adalius Thomas, who fully deserved his release).

I don't personally think that Brace was in too much danger of not making the team--regardless of Warren making it or not.

As for Warren's situation, they can bring him back after week #1, which is what they did last year if I'm not mistaken. It allows them not to have to guarantee his salary due to not being on the week one roster.

You obviously haven't been reading this forum much lately

I think the following will be asking if you want fries with that by Tuesday:

Martin
Urban
Dennis
Waldron
Lavarias
Harrison
Rivera
Bullman
Holley
Zusevics

Sounds good to me. I wouldn't lose sleep over any of those guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes