PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First NFL Coach to get fired - Whose it gonna be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
that might be because saban is NOT their coach anymore.

Really? My bad. I have so little interest in that team, that i dont follow thier personell. Whoever the new coach is...BRING BACK SABAN!!!...lol j/k

Definitely Norv Turner. The fans are screaming for his head already.
But he won't be the coach with the shortest tenure.
That dubious distinction belongs to none other than BB himself.

Heh, no one will ever top HC of the NYJ for a day.

First it's Linehan and 2nd I don't 2nd guess him one bit. Jeff Wilkins is a very capable kicker and can hit from 56 more times than not. He's not winning games because Steven Jackson has been hurt and when he's on the field he's not producing, same for Marc Bulger. He also has no defense to speak of. Linehan is one of the great offensive minds in the NFL, I think he's safe.

Really? He's hit 1 field goal 56 yards or longer (57) and that was 9 years ago. He hasn't hit one longer than 53 yards since 2001..... Why let the facts get in the way of a good argument?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=726

Classy Dolphins fans there attacking the opponents bus.....

Last edited:
But Aqua's point of Jackson, Bulger, Pace and other injuries to the offense are on the mark. I don't see Linehan in any danger this season. When you've got such important pieces of a team down with injuries, it's tough to win.

I think Norv is in serious danger of getting axed if the Chargers don't get it turned around in the next couple of weeks. Lots of talent on that team to be coming out of the gates so poorly.

Coughlin is probably gone after the season too, short of a SB victory, as he was only brought back under a 1 year deal. They've played well since the 0-2 start.

The Pete Carroll thing got a chuckle out of me, I have to admit.

Terry

Schottenheimer. The rat will find a way to blame others and cling to the lifeboat. Oh, and that be Brian.

How many non-current coaches can be guessed at in this thread?

Lanahan - Rams coach. 0-4. He made a terrible decision at end of 2ND game against SF. Rams were trailing by two. He had a 4th and 3 at S.F 39 with a minute left. Idiot tried a 56yd FG. Granted it was close. But, he should have gone for first down and another ten yards. What's easiers? Completing a 4yd out or hitting a 56yd fg? He failed that little quiz. And, it will contribute to him losing his job. And, costing us slots in next year's draft. And, yes I'm still pissed that kid from Az. didn't fall on that fumble in MNF opener against SF.

Yep. :ditto:

Chargers really screwed up with Norv. They should have paid whatever it took to get The Chin on the sidelines. They'd be scary then.

Shoot, even Denny Green would be a good fit for those guys.

Taking Norv was a disastrous choice.

Allot of folks are saying Turner, IMO they won't fire him in his first year, in mid-season. I think he gets canned after the seasons over. I think another coach gets fired before the season ends.

Last edited:
Coaches rarely get fired during the season anyway.

My bet is on Norv Turner,If Denver wins this weekend I expect Turner to be in danger and maybe the shortest tenure as HC in NFL history.

Runner ups are...
Marvin Lewis who has lost his team,If they continue to lose he may be gone

Tom Coughlin who will probably last all season but in danger anyway

Andy Reid may not get fired but may quit

Romeo is safe for now,The Browns have played decent so far

I am thinking his job is safe. Same deal for Tom Coughlin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back