PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First NFL Coach to get fired - Whose it gonna be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
My bet is on Norv Turner,If Denver wins this weekend I expect Turner to be in danger and maybe the shortest tenure as HC in NFL history.

Runner ups are...
Marvin Lewis who has lost his team,If they continue to lose he may be gone

Tom Coughlin who will probably last all season but in danger anyway

Andy Reid may not get fired but may quit

Romeo is safe for now,The Browns have played decent so far

Last edited:
Lanahan - Rams coach. 0-4. He made a terrible decision at end of 2ND game against SF. Rams were trailing by two. He had a 4th and 3 at S.F 39 with a minute left. Idiot tried a 56yd FG. Granted it was close. But, he should have gone for first down and another ten yards. What's easiers? Completing a 4yd out or hitting a 56yd fg? He failed that little quiz. And, it will contribute to him losing his job. And, costing us slots in next year's draft. And, yes I'm still pissed that kid from Az. didn't fall on that fumble in MNF opener against SF.

My bet is on Norv Turner,If Denver wins this weekend I expect Turner to be in danger and maybe the shortest tenure as HC in NFL history.

Runner ups are...
Marvin Lewis who has lost his team,If they continue to lose he may be gone

Tom Coughlin who will probably last all season but in danger anyway

Andy Reid may not get fired but may quit

Romeo is safe for now,The Browns have played decent so far

To be fair to Coughlin-the Giants have played with alot of heart the last couple of weeks after an abysmal start-in past years, players would just revolt and quit on TC. But after a very, very poor showing by the D against Dallas and GB, they just turned it around 180 degrees against Wash and Philly.
If anything-their new DC, Steve Spagnola, has helped energize that team.

AND, the Giants have cuppy-cake opponents for the next 4 weeks before they have the bye week(to prepare for Dallas at the Meadowlands)-so they're in pretty good shape.

Pete Carroll. He's a good college coach but he's too soft for us. Terry Glenn is always injured and the players just don't seem to respond to him. I hope Kraft fires him soon otherwise we're looking at another mediocre season.

In a NY minute, Manjudas will be the first!!!!

Lanahan - Rams coach. 0-4. He made a terrible decision at end of 2ND game against SF. Rams were trailing by two. He had a 4th and 3 at S.F 39 with a minute left. Idiot tried a 56yd FG. Granted it was close. But, he should have gone for first down and another ten yards. What's easiers? Completing a 4yd out or hitting a 56yd fg? He failed that little quiz. And, it will contribute to him losing his job. And, costing us slots in next year's draft. And, yes I'm still pissed that kid from Az. didn't fall on that fumble in MNF opener against SF.

Its even worse. The drive before, he went for a long 4th down try with horrible field position even though he could have punted and played defense with TOs.

Pete Carroll. He's a good college coach but he's too soft for us. Terry Glenn is always injured and the players just don't seem to respond to him. I hope Kraft fires him soon otherwise we're looking at another mediocre season.

(Wildo has been sleeping since 1999 folks - excuse his erroneous statement ;) )

He may not be on this list,its to early. How about Jon Fox of the panthers.

He may not be on this list,its to early. How about Jon Fox of the panthers.

The Panthers do not have a losing record...yet

Plus that division is up for grabs so I see him lasting at least thru early 2008

First it's Linehan and 2nd I don't 2nd guess him one bit. Jeff Wilkins is a very capable kicker and can hit from 56 more times than not. He's not winning games because Steven Jackson has been hurt and when he's on the field he's not producing, same for Marc Bulger. He also has no defense to speak of. Linehan is one of the great offensive minds in the NFL, I think he's safe.

Reports have been coming out of St Louis how his players have lost respect for him.

Apparently, it's been going on since late last year when their locker room issues became public.

Norv Turner. He is an awful coach who didn't even deserve another chance as a head coach.

First it's Linehan and 2nd I don't 2nd guess him one bit. Jeff Wilkins is a very capable kicker and can hit from 56 more times than not. He's not winning games because Steven Jackson has been hurt and when he's on the field he's not producing, same for Marc Bulger. He also has no defense to speak of. Linehan is one of the great offensive minds in the NFL, I think he's safe.

They should fire your bum of a coach Ham Scrameron

Send him back to San Diego where he did well as an OC..He looks like he could not be head coach of a little league team,Let alone a pathetic group of has beens like Taylor and your losers in the sunshine state.

Too bad Ronny Brown can't be QB,WR,DE,OL,HC,OC,DC and anything I missed,Maybe the doofins would be respectable.

Gotta be Norv. Hes fallen the farthest the fastest. Unreal. Fox is a real conundrum in Carolina. His BONEHEAD call at Minnesota caused them a game, and a playoff spot. Kris Jenkins is starting to stir things up, and Peppers (IIRC) is starting to be a bit disgruntled. Tough break with Delhomme going down.

Maybeee....Jon Fox, Carolina

Definitely Norv Turner. The fans are screaming for his head already.
But he won't be the coach with the shortest tenure.
That dubious distinction belongs to none other than BB himself.

Norv was supposed to be a don't-wreck-things caretaker. He has the least upside of any of the coaches currently doing terrible jobs. I'm guessing he also has one of the smaller financial guarantees on his contract.

The players weren't happy with the coaching change to begin with.

So he's got to be one of the ones most at risk.

As for the Rams -- it's eminently conceivable their record going into the bye week is 0-8 or so.

I'm not aware of many teams deliberately changing coaches at the bye week so as to give the new guy more time to tweak things -- but it would be a smart tactic.

SD's bye is one week earlier than STL's ...

Wishful thinking would be Mangini. Actually, I think Mangini is actually really overrated and this conservative style to the point of being a huge detriment is actually the real Mangini and him coaching the Jets is a benefit to the Pats. So forget it.

I think it will be John Fox. The Panthers are consistently preseason picks to be Super Bowl contenders and other than the year they went, they have fallen far short. Sooner or later the Panther ownership will stop making excuses and decide to make a change.

I don't see Norv getting fired until the season is over. AJ Smith put a lot on the line firing Schottenheimer after a 14-2 season. Him admitting he was wrong in the season could bring a hail storm down on him. Besides, by all accounts, he is a stubborn SOB. It will be tough for him to admit he is wrong.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Nick Saban. The Fins never looked so bad than they do now.

I'm suprised no one has mentioned Nick Saban. The Fins never looked so bad than they do now.

that might be because saban is NOT their coach anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes