PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First looking to 2015: Tight ends

Status
Not open for further replies.
what about the miami player who had his knee wrecked by that rookie safety, Swearinger. He's from Purdue originally and had been a jet. Forgot his name. His career is over from one knee injury?

Dustin Keller is the name. I haven't heard anything about him since August, when his agent acknowledged that he still wasn't ready to play.

what about the miami player who had his knee wrecked by that rookie safety, Swearinger. He's from Purdue originally and had been a jet. Forgot his name. His career is over from one knee injury?

Dustin Keller. Unfortunately, it was more than one knee injury. He was making a comeback from injury when he left the Jets for Miami, only to get it wrecked again. He actually hasnt played in two years now. Too bad, he was a killer back in the day.

Dustin Kellar?

If he plays one regular season snap again they should give him the comeback player of the year award just for that because that injury was devastating.

Now I'm curious revisiting this subject, what about that Green Bay player who had neck injury, did he get the 10 Million pay check and is officially retired or still looking for a spot?

Now I'm curious revisiting this subject, what about that Green Bay player who had neck injury, did he get the 10 Million pay check and is officially retired or still looking for a spot?

Jermichael Finley....

I haven't heard (and can't find) anything after the stories in October that claimed he was filing.

How about Niles Paul, there's a good chance he's available

How about Niles Paul, there's a good chance he's available
Niles Paul did some pretty awesome stuff for Washington this year, but he's also another guy who's more receiver than TE. I don't know how big of an upgrade he would be over what the team already has in Tim Wright. They seem to be pretty similar quantities IMO.

Jordan Cameron would be a good fit here I think, if his injury history allows for a lower price tag. Charles Clay would also be a nice fit. We know BB respects him since he's allotted significant defensive attention to stopping Clay specifically in games the past couple years.

Guys are almost always better in year two when coming off acl injuries.

Wright seems very inconsistent to me. I know he ran only a fraction of the route tree, probably because he missed camp, but what he did run was not always sharp or crisp.

I still think that if the pats use cannon at left tackle and make solder a tackle eligible, solder could do some damage in the red zone.
I agree....Solder should be out there full time, but only half the time as a T. It's a necessity to physically dominate the opposition on both sides of the ball, and one way to do this is with big tight ends that can catch (make you match up smaller). Since you can't just go out and get a Gronk, I say err on the side of 'big' and use a 6'8" blocking machine in Solder who, in my estimation, can run a sub-5 40.

If you have jojo and Wright beating up on the cbs, have Gronk and Solder beating up on safeties and LBs, and stork and a couple new maulers at OG/OT.

I have always rooted for cannon, but with the way Flemming played, and if we can find a 1st/2nd round G that can play in his first year like stork (4th rounder) did at C, we'll truly be rich in the trenches. Moving solder out to TE will also help give playing time to the new guys inside.

In short, I think we could solve the TE shortage by adding to the oline.

I remember reading that Wright was asked to drop weight and play more WR role in Tampa.

Is that true? If so, maybe there's a (weight) gain to be had here. Either way, I'd like to see a big TE come in if for no other reason than to get Gronk off the field in blowouts.

Niles Paul did some pretty awesome stuff for Washington this year, but he's also another guy who's more receiver than TE. I don't know how big of an upgrade he would be over what the team already has in Tim Wright. They seem to be pretty similar quantities IMO.

Jordan Cameron would be a good fit here I think, if his injury history allows for a lower price tag. Charles Clay would also be a nice fit. We know BB respects him since he's allotted significant defensive attention to stopping Clay specifically in games the past couple years.

Can you imagine a 1-2 combination of Gronk and Cameron or Gronk and Clay, that would be an unstoppable duo!!! I'm all for it lol....

Jermichael Finley....

I haven't heard (and can't find) anything after the stories in October that claimed he was filing.

Didn't he take the disability insurance payout? And if so, does that preclude him from ever returning to the league?

Alas, I don't have the time nor knowledge for these discussions, but Tight End position needs competition, imo. *If* someone in the draft can beat the Hooman in training camp (and might have more upside), let's bring him in, *IF* that person is yet available after drafting other positions with greater need or impact.

The draft is SO interesting... I just don't have the energy nor skill to align these factors into a board.... kudos to those who can!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes