PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First Half Adjustments Impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeSixPat

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
The Patriots did NOT play a perfect game last night, and potentially, to win another SB will have to do so.

That being said, their adjustment against a Jacksonville Defense that frustrated the Pats throughout the first half is quite impressive - Championship Caliber impressive.

And even though the SIZE of the Jaguars Defense was discussed at great length before the game, seeing them out there against our OL and WRs was a shock.

Even though the final score illustrates the rout of the 2nd half, I came away quite impressed with the toughness of the Jaguars both on Offense and Defense.

So while there remains room for improvement, that was a major quality win for the Pats, and my hat's off to the Jags for a great season.

JoeSixPat said:
The Patriots did NOT play a perfect game last night, and potentially, to win another SB will have to do so.

That being said, their adjustment against a Jacksonville Defense that frustrated the Pats throughout the first half is quite impressive - Championship Caliber impressive.

And even though the SIZE of the Jaguars Defense was discussed at great length before the game, seeing them out there against our OL and WRs was a shock.

Even though the final score illustrates the rout of the 2nd half, I came away quite impressed with the toughness of the Jaguars both on Offense and Defense.

So while there remains room for improvement, that was a major quality win for the Pats, and my hat's off to the Jags for a great season.

I thought the Jags played very well, especially their secondary! They didn't give Tom much to look at, and covered our guys like a blanket! They'll be in contention again next year no doubt.

Patriots well rested?

JoeSixPat said:
their adjustment against a Jacksonville Defense that frustrated the Pats throughout the first half is quite impressive

Maybe the returning wounded are stronger after missing so much of the season and simply hold up better in the second half?

Pats made some great adjustments for the 2nd half. I was a little worried about how the Jags moved down the field for the field goal in Q2. Openning H2, it was good to see the Pats D shut them down again. And then after our drive to go up 14-3, I felt the game was over. Jags were one of the most physical teams we have played this year. This win bodes well for the Pats continued post season success. Here's to 13 in a row.

NEM said:
And from what I could tell, we didn't lose anyone to unjury.

I noticed that too, but didn't dare say anything about it during the game.

I think NOW is safe though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing