PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First game of the 2016 season idea

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're a braver man than am I. The only game day thread to which I've gone in years was the SB in 2015...and I only lasted there for about 15 minutes. I can only imagine the posts after the Jermaine Kearse catch...

I've only been on the board for 18 months or so. But I learned pretty quick how terrible game day threads are. People saying they "turned it off" halfway through the second quarter. Yeah, you guys are great fans, way to stick with your team.

Regarding the OP, obviously there's no way Goodell will be there. He will never step foot in Gillette as long as he is the Commissioner (hopefully that will be a short period of time). The game is being broadcast on the NFL network so I doubt there will be too many anti-NFL signs shown.

One thing I always thought would be nice would be for someone with disposable income to print thousands of small PV = nRT signs for people to hold up during the game. One simple equation that the whole thing boiled down to, but people still don't understand. I might make a t-shirt or something for myself with that in Patriots colors.

I usually watch the SB's with people, so that is one of the few times I'm not in there. There are still some good posters to discuss things with, so I still frequent. They get really bad sometimes though. My goodness.
I live in NYC, so I can't go to Super Bowl parties if the Pats are playing...I could never watch the game surrounded by a bunch of people pulling against the Pats.

One of my kids went with my wife to the SB Party in 2015 (the other stayed home to keep me from jumping out the window, if necessary) that one of our friends throw every year.

My kid is not "shy" and was the only person vocally cheering for the Pats throughout the game. So, he took a lot of crap when Kearse made his catch and everyone was chanting "Beast Mode" when the 'hawks were at the one.

He then ran around, getting in everyone's face and screaming at the top of his lungs in a completely silent apartment, when Butler made his INT. In retrospect, it would have been great to be there, but I probably would have never been invited back.

I live in NYC, so I can't go to Super Bowl parties if the Pats are playing...I could never watch the game surrounded by a bunch of people pulling against the Pats.

One of my kids went with my wife to the SB Party in 2015 (the other stayed home to keep me from jumping out the window, if necessary) that one of our friends throw every year.

My kid is not "shy" and was the only person vocally cheering for the Pats throughout the game. So, he took a lot of crap when Kearse made his catch and everyone was chanting "Beast Mode" when the 'hawks were at the one.

He then ran around, getting in everyone's face and screaming at the top of his lungs in a completely silent apartment, when Butler made his INT. In retrospect, it would have been great to be there, but I probably would have never been invited back.
There have been plenty of times when I've been the only Patriot in the room and I love it. I revel in it. My whole family is basically NYG (I'm originally from NY) so I know what you mean.

There have been plenty of times when I've been the only Patriot in the room and I love it. I revel in it. My whole family is basically NYG (I'm originally from NY) so I know what you mean.
I can do that for a regular season game, but not for the Playoffs and not for the SB...you are a better man than I!

I can do that for a regular season game, but not for the Playoffs and not for the SB...you are a better man than I!
I think this was me early on. But after almost 16 years of haters I've heard it all, seen it all. I'm unflappable, like our QB. In fact, I was at the grocery store just this morning in my favorite Pats hat and I heard one of the stock boys snicker when he saw my hat as I was walking by. I turned and faced him, daring him almost to say something. He said nothing. I have no more f+cks to give when it comes to people hating the Pats. It's the hurd mentality at this point. Most people just hate NE because it's the thing to do.

How about we welcome Roger with one of these at the 50 yard line.

View attachment 13745
How about this instead?

article-1258613-04D8E2080000044D-824_224x369.jpg

...and here I am complaining about MY family...

I've only been on the board for 18 months or so. But I learned pretty quick how terrible game day threads are. People saying they "turned it off" halfway through the second quarter. Yeah, you guys are great fans, way to stick with your team.

Regarding the OP, obviously there's no way Goodell will be there. He will never step foot in Gillette as long as he is the Commissioner (hopefully that will be a short period of time). The game is being broadcast on the NFL network so I doubt there will be too many anti-NFL signs shown.

One thing I always thought would be nice would be for someone with disposable income to print thousands of small PV = nRT signs for people to hold up during the game. One simple equation that the whole thing boiled down to, but people still don't understand. I might make a t-shirt or something for myself with that in Patriots colors.
I wish I were broadcasting the first game in AZ...

And, the Patriots are getting flagged for holding...
"Yes, Rob, Vollmer clearly has his hands around there...and they'll walk off the ten yards..."
Oh, my God, the Patriots are being penalized and punished for something they actually DID...Amazing!...

I think this was me early on. But after almost 16 years of haters I've heard it all, seen it all. I'm unflappable, like our QB. In fact, I was at the grocery store just this morning in my favorite Pats hat and I heard one of the stock boys snicker when he saw my hat as I was walking by. I turned and faced him, daring him almost to say something. He said nothing. I have no more f+cks to give when it comes to people hating the Pats. It's the hurd mentality at this point. Most people just hate NE because it's the thing to do.
...was it Kurt Warner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye