PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First game - 28-20 - not as close as the score???

Status
Not open for further replies.
dryheat44 said:
Well that's just not true. Of the offensive side our line did well, but their O-line kicked our D-line in the teeth all day long.

Have you watched the game in the last few days?

Our DLine, for the most part, was clamping down the front side running lanes extremely effectively. Almost all of the runs where the Broncos gained more than two or three yards were cutbacks where the LBs (Beisel/Brown) overpursued and left the cutback lanes open.

28-20 and was not as close the final score.

Got a problem wit dat? Too bad.

JJDChE said:
Have you watched the game in the last few days?

Our DLine, for the most part, was clamping down the front side running lanes extremely effectively. Almost all of the runs where the Broncos gained more than two or three yards were cutbacks where the LBs (Beisel/Brown) overpursued and left the cutback lanes open.

No, I haven't, but I haven't gotten over the horrors of watching it live. Nalen manhandled Wilfork all day long, opening up huge cutback lanes. Green was overmatched as well.

It wasnt that close because the broncos where up 28-0 to nothing and they slowed down, stopped playing hard and gave up points in the second half knowing the game was already in. I think thats what they mean by it wasnt as close as 28-20

HidEmu said:
It wasnt that close because the broncos where up 28-0 to nothing and they slowed down, stopped playing hard and gave up points in the second half knowing the game was already in. I think thats what they mean by it wasnt as close as 28-20

Well, the Patriots scored first, so it wasn't 28-0

Second, yes, maybe the Broncos eased up on the gas, but it almost cost them the game. It wasn't already in hand, The Pats came this close to sending it into overtime.

I mean, the Broncos fans in my section were definitely sweating it out.

This game is a game for the ages. But as far as Plummer goes its easy to say the last 2 playoff losses were his fault when that really wasnt the case at all. Look up the stats for these 2 games and you will realize that it was the "d" that lost the game. I will tell you that Brady is a great quarterback because of my love for the game and can appreciate talent. But before you go on the hate plummer comments take a realistic look at it is all I ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back