PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

First Female to Tryout for NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
not only that...every frickin' "kinder gentler" jagoff in the country will descend like flies with THEIR solution to the "unbridled violence of this vicious ,dangerous league!!!!!".

Give me a break....you want to play contact football,form a women's league and hold a draft. WNBA says "HELLO!!!!" at twenty million decibels. Don't give me this friiggin' "well, it's about time a woman broke the exclusive men's league" PC garbage....krist...hell no...EVER...if ONE woman plays in the NFL EVER it will NEVER be the NFL again...it will only be a matter of time before the flags are issued and the "no swearing" penalties" instituted....jeezus krist, what an unbelievably shortsighted stupid idea.

The bigger issue, perhaps, lies with whoever gave this woman an NFL platform to begin with. And you have to wonder if a certain individual with the initials R.G. sees it as a ploy to titillate the female fan base.

"Are you doing this to be just another kicker from MIT?" Funny line.

Who cares, she isn't getting near the NFL. If some babe built like Lou Groza can kick field goals, maybe it's possible.

If some babe is 6'11" and can dunk a basketball let her play in the NBA??

It's purely a physical concern; a woman literally could get killed out there. Any position on the football field -- including kicker -- is at risk for contact. The debate ends there.

Men can and do get killed on the football field as well.

A woman with the strength to kick 60-yard FGs is unlikely to be the most fragile of women.

If some babe is 6'11" and can dunk a basketball let her play in the NBA??

Sure, although that's not all it takes.

And if she throws a great enough knuckleball, let her pitch in the major leagues.

A woman with the strength to kick 60-yard FGs is unlikely to be the most fragile of women.

Ashley Martin doesn't want to make a big deal about it, but the kick she delivered for Jacksonville State University last night made college football history.

Martin became the first woman to play and score in a Division I football game. (The NCAA doesn't keep records, but everyone seems to agree it was historic.) Martin scored an extra point, giving Jacksonville State a 14-0 lead midway through the first quarter in its game against Cumberland. The team won its season opener 72-10, with Martin kicking a total of three extra points without a single miss.

Female Kicker Makes NCAA Football History - ABC News

5'11" 160 lbs.....

martin.jpg

Men and women are different. This isn't really debatable.

Men are bigger, faster and stronger, on average, than women. This isn't really debatable.

The difference between men and women generally increases when you look at the elite, rather than decreases. There are numerous studies about this.

It's far better to acknowledge these differences, and to deal smartly with the repercussions of such differences, than it is to pretend that they don't exist because of some idiotic myth of equality.

DI, you are despised! You have no business, zero, speaking on this subject using facts. How dare anyone suggest that a 5' 0" bailiff should not be guarding a 6' 4' violent criminal? How dare anyone suggest that carrying a 150lb dummy down several flights of stairs quickly should have any bearing on the qualifications of being a fireman! How dare anyone suggest that hand to hand combat ability has any bearing on being a public safety officer.
Anyone who thinks like this should be fired from their job immediately and ostracized.
I bet even the PC police that roam every corner of the internet and society reads that above post and thinks "that's kinda ridiculous". Guess what? The thinking laid out in my above post is reality in many corners of society.

We always have to tread very, VERY carefully when it comes to excluding anyone from anything based on a generalization. However, logic dictates there are certain circumstances, rare as they are, that mandate exceptions to this important rule (NFL football player must be an exception). For those that can't see that? I am sorry for you. You live life like an ostrich -- where truths that are uncomfortable to you are best ignored or even shouted down. Unfortunately, when society at large also operates like an ostrich the result is inevitably a slow, progressive march toward ineffectiveness. Hey, but during that march at least fewer people will have their feelings hurt :rolleyes: (sorry for the off season, straying a bit off topic post)

well ...then great!..it's settled....fold up the WNBA and make the NBA gender equal and do the same for the NFL...they won't even have to put on a dog and p[ony show, just pure integration of women into the former all male contact sport....great news....see ya at all the games!!!! why, we can discuss domestic violence issues and the proliferation of unchecked profanity displayed by the male football players in front of their female counterparts....and when the groundbreaking symbol of ultimate PC equality finally puts THIS woman on the field for the Dallas Cowboys....

2009-04-24_0050_LingerieFootball.jpg

then you can discuss the different and varied sides of the NFL violence argument after THIS player..

11959936-large.jpg
29.1s069.LandryC--300x300.jpg

smashes her with a vicious forearm shiver on a crossing pattern leading to THIS beautiful pic on the back page of the NY Post...

_466891_victim_300.jpg

you can't seriously be trying to say that a woman kicker being hit high and low on a FG attempt , leading to a broken jaw in five places, 15 missing teeth, two black eyes and a compound fracture of the leg...hit by two MALE football players considered to be among the top 1/10,000th of all athletes on the planet when taking size,speed,force delivered and ability to inflict serious physical damage into account...you consider this an inevitable and good thing for the NFL???????????????????????????????

WHAT?

or are the male NFL football players going to have to show deference to their female opponents and "let up" on the hits...and slow down on the plays?

yeah...look...you can have it...I won't be part of this ridiculous dog and pony show just because some goddyamed PC psychopath is hell bent on integrating the NFL with women players...YOU pay for it, You watch...I'll wait for the inevitable counter to this mockery of a sham of a carny act.

Please, tell me about the last man killed on an NFL playing field.

So, because a woman can kick a football 60 yards off a tee suggests she can physically withstand being crushed by a 350-pound lineman. Or, that she can bring down a 225-pound returner in the open field. Because, that's what she'd be REQUIRED to be prepared for.

Are you arguing this nonsense just to be contrary? Or do you honestly, truly, BELIEVE that a woman -- ANY woman -- not only CAN but SHOULD play in the National Football League?

wait...let's not forget the poor kids...after all, it's equality for all or bust!!!!~for all of you hell bent on seeing a woman on an NFL playing field competing then you will have to also agree that 12 year old kids belong there too, using the same PC parameters, right?

12 Year Old Kicks 60 Yard Field Goal - YouTube

Please, tell me about the last man killed on an NFL playing field.

I wouldn't know which of numerous deaths is the most recent.

Googling is a little tricky, because the actual deaths on the field, the deaths attributed to football (e.g. all the suicides), practice deaths (Korey Stringer type things keep happening in schools), soccer deaths (because that sport is called football too), soccer fan deaths, etc. all come up as hits.

Here's the real reason any woman would want to join the NFL:

Attachments

• funny-pictures-football-team.jpg
    funny-pictures-football-team.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 30
Or do you honestly, truly, BELIEVE that a woman -- ANY woman -- not only CAN but SHOULD play in the National Football League?

Well, none of them have proven yet that they can do it.

But I'd guess there are women today who are better qualified in every way than some of the actual NFL placekickers from 40+ years ago. So I can at least imagine a woman actually being qualified to play in her own era.

I can at least imagine a woman actually being qualified to play in her own era.

And I can imagine giant tacos that walk around pooping ice cream. I guess we'll leave it at that.

:bricks:

Her body simply couldn't handle the hit in the event of a botched play, that's my biggest concern. If there's a girl out there who could help my favorite team win, I'm all for it, but it's just not practical. This does look like a publicity stunt... where's that stunt-kicker dude who could drop-kick a football into a trash can from 60 yards on youtube?

It's not a sexist issue, it's a practicality issue. The NFL would be smart to say, "no gender barriers, come in and compete." Different issues from being a race car driver or a hockey goalie. Your body is way more vulnerable to destruction, even as a kicker.

Michael Vick misses half the season everytime he gets hit the wrong way and he's an elite athlete trained his entire life, this girl wouldn't last the regimen of the NFL for a week, I'm sorry.

Also, kickers in the NFL are way better athletes than some of you credit them for. There have been some notable instances of kickers running down and tackling returners on a breakaway... she could never do that, that alone destroys her value.

Also, kickers in the NFL are way better athletes than some of you credit them for. There have been some notable instances of kickers running down and tackling returners on a breakaway... she could never do that, that alone destroys her value.

I doubt many women could tackle like Adam Vinateri. But I can imagine a woman out-quicking Stephen Gostkowski by enough to be his equal as a tackler.

well, let's play fair and admit it....we all saw GI Jane didn't we???? and she certainly pulled her weight and carried that wounded team leader out under heavy fire, right??? so that proves it right there...women are SEALS now and if a woman is a SEAL then the nFL is child's play...so there all you neanderthalic Jokers out there...THERE'S your proof!!!

Navy SEAL Team Six: Profile of the Elite Force - ABC News

So what do we know about the Navy SEALs whose operation involved parachuting into the area and engaging in a firefight with the Somali kidnappers? We know that it was an all-male rescue team, because all SEALs are men.

The average Navy SEAL is about 30 years old, with a bachelors and possibly a masters degree. He is most likely white and may have a wife and children.

And is no doubt in perfect physical shape.

Uh oh...wait a minute...you mean...it was...uh...all Hollywood propaganda?...the simp/wimp LA fruitcake script writers dreamt up another hashish/cocaine/martini induced "gender liberation!!!!" special??

Say it ain't so, Jo...sephine.........

I doubt many women could tackle like Adam Vinateri. But I can imagine a woman out-quicking Stephen Gostkowski by enough to be his equal as a tackler.

If you see Ghost in person, go ahead and tell him that. Ghost has actually had some pretty great ST tackles in his career.

This whole debate is really the equivalent of the woman who can shoot a higher 3pt% than an NBA player, so why doesn't she get a tryout for a team? This whole conversation needs to stop, because it's really, really stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back