PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fire Valentine!!!!

You know it's kind of funny in a way. I think back to my high school days and i remember all the super bright kids. Thought it strange how many of them had poor people skills and horrible common sense. I was a kid ... what did i know ... but it made no sense.

That reminds me of Valentine ... everyone says this guy is like a genius. I don't doubt them - I am sure they are right. But you need to have common sense and people skills. Belichick is very bright himself ... not sure if he is a genius but he has to be close. yet he has the common sense and people skills ... the rest is history.

Francona was not mensa material. Never pretended to be Mensa material. His people skills and his common sense were off the charts. I envy who gets him next as their manager ... I really do. I don't want John Farrell either ... a great coach who is a lousy manager. I want a manager who exudes confidence and winning - let's hope Ben gets that guy.

how about current Pawsox manager Arnie Beyeler.

how about current Pawsox manager Arnie Beyeler.

I like him ... but are they going to pick based on that "Monster" mentality.

I think a minor league guy with no bad MLB reputation would be best.

No retread types ... seriously. The team wants to get back to more of Bill James calling the shots. He of the stats used to make the lineups and all that stuff. We need a manager with great people skills, administrative skills and who has no problem doing what he is told to do by Bill James. James is mostly how we won 2 world series.

Guess he's staying according to Henry. Read the beginning of this article and tell me BV is not an *******.

Henry ‘resolute’ that Bobby V will finish season - BostonHerald.com

Then I read this one.
http://bostonherald.com/sports/baseball/red_sox/view.bg?articleid=1061157672&position=1

As most everyone knows, BV was the wrong guy to hire to right the ship. Having said that, is Henry and company saying that this is the guy who you want to help evaluate the current team? Do the right thing and hire an interim coach to play out the season. One of the current coaches would have the incentive to coach the team versus dead man walking.

Last edited:
Guess he's staying according to Henry. Read the beginning of this article and tell me BV is not an *******.

Then I read this one.
It’s not a win-win situation for Valentine, Sox - BostonHerald.com

As most everyone knows, BV was the wrong guy to hire to right the ship. Having said that, is Henry and company saying that this is the guy who you want to help evaluate the current team? Do the right thing and hire an interim coach to play out the season. One of the current coaches would have the incentive to coach the team versus dead man walking.

all that makes sense to me is my draft thread at this point. I know a baseball draft is a bit different but it seems like they want to lose at this point.

Then I read this one.
It’s not a win-win situation for Valentine, Sox - BostonHerald.com

I think he was the right guy to hire at the wrong time, follow my logic, whoever followed Tito was going to have it rough, they needed a sacrificial lamb, Bobby V was the guy. Its like when you break up with your long time girlfriend, the next person for either of you is the rebound guy/girl, it never lasts and its never the right person, then you go about your life and find the right person. The next manager will be the right guy.

I think he was the right guy to hire at the wrong time, follow my logic, whoever followed Tito was going to have it rough, they needed a sacrificial lamb, Bobby V was the guy. Its like when you break up with your long time girlfriend, the next person for either of you is the rebound guy/girl, it never lasts and its never the right person, then you go about your life and find the right person. The next manager will be the right guy.

That's funny. Too bad the Sox bosses never would have thought that way. They went back to the Yawkey era of stupidity.

all that makes sense to me is my draft thread at this point. I know a baseball draft is a bit different but it seems like they want to lose at this point.
It's damn obvious they aren't playing to win the game.

I'm not buying that at all. joe girardi has done just fine replacing joe torrey. and yes it was the same situation. the redsox front office is just a dysfunctional mess and they made a bad decision picking valentine. larry L should have just let cherrington do his job and pick the coach he wanted.

I'm not buying that at all. joe girardi has done just fine replacing joe torrey. and yes it was the same situation. the redsox front office is just a dysfunctional mess and they made a bad decision picking valentine. larry L should have just let cherrington do his job and pick the coach he wanted.
My Bloody Valentine has been the necessary evil required to purge the Red Sox of the evil spirits within the club house. Fired or not he's done what was required to get this team back to relevance in the near future.

I was hopeful the organization would turn around but as the season progressed it became more and more obvious just how broken the Sox were. Fired or not Bobby V has been just what the organization needed; a wreaking ball.

Last edited:

I guess I made a bad analogy, I didnt mean the Sox hired him to be the sacrificial lamb just that the organization was in more turmoil than they thought and it worked out that way. I think they're going to straighten things out in the next year or two and the next manager has a clean slate to work with and has a much better chance to succeed than Bobby V did.

4cbd98_090312valentine1.jpg

I was thinking what about Varitek as the next Red Sox Manager???? He is respected by players, coaches and other teams....He knows the game/pitching especially and everyone loves him in Boston....Seems like a perfect fit to me....

Is Butch Hobson's kid available ... :bricks:

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back