PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fire Valentine!!!!

Wolfpack

Banned
Reaction score
I said firing Tito was a horrible idea. I said hiring Valentine was an even worse one.

I see nothing thus far in the season to make me reconsider either of those statements.

I said firing Tito was a horrible idea. I said hiring Valentine was an even worse one.

I see nothing thus far in the season to make me reconsider either of those statements.

the pitching sucks...i blame the front office for not getting better pitchers in the off season. alls we have is retreads that we hope pan out.

the pitching sucks...i blame the front office for not getting better pitchers in the off season. alls we have is retreads that we hope pan out.

The hitting is no great shakes either!:eek:

It's not Valentine's fault that the Pitching staff put together by Epstein and Cherrington are next to useless.

It's not Valentine's fault that the Pitching staff put together by Epstein and Cherrington are next to useless.

i know, thats what i said.

3 losses out of 162, I think we're are mathematically out of the playoffs.

i dont know about anybody else. but i cant get over the fact that somebody in the front office leaked that story about franconna taking pain meds. that's about as low as you can go. it makes me sick every time i think about it. franconna did nothing but take responsibility for just about everything even when he didn't have to. and they treat him like dog crap. he was the best manager they ever had and he deserved to be treated so much better than that. its a wonder anybody would want to come play for henry and crew.

Last edited:
i dont know about anybody else. but i cant get over the fact that somebody in the front office leaked that story about franconna taking pain meds. that's about as low as you can go. it makes me sick every time i think about it. franconna did nothing but take responsibility for just about everything even when he didn't have to. and they treat him like dog crap. he was the best manager they ever had and he deserved to be treated so much better than that. its a wonder anybody would want to come play for henry and crew.

I am not a red sox fan, but a pats fan. It's funny how you can have the pats as one of the best managed team, with one of the best owner in all sports, overachieving every year no matter what they have, and then you have the red sox, who spends a lot but get not much results, treats its former employees like crap, and is disolent and stands out as the New York Jets of the baseball world. Plus from the first three games I can clearly tell no one on the red sox team has bought into Bobby V's system yet...not at all!

i know, thats what i said.
I know, I was reinforcing that point. Not that I think highly of the way he's organised the pitching staff or bull pen, but pitching has been an issue for some time with the Red Sox and they really haven't brought in anyone of substantial quality to fix it.

Whatever floats the FO's boat I guess.

Dice K, Papi and Jenks salaries are off the table at the end of the year.

Trade Beckett (if he can put 2 or 3 useful starts together).

Youk maybe done (he looks to be very brittle out there.)
Write off 2012 and see what we can get for these two guys.

Then use the dollars in 2013 to get some pitching in and give Ells a massive contract (That he totally deserves BTW).
Revising this team down to about 75-80 wins

When did Red Sox panic day get moved all the way up to Easter?

What's next? Will we start swooning over Spring Training losses?

Last edited:

The time for panic was the first week in September last year.

These team has well publicised and serious problems. Cherrington did nothing about it in the winter.

images

Then use the dollars in 2013 to get some pitching in and give Ells a massive contract (That he totally deserves BTW).
You're talking about trading two players who, at the current moment, would barely be able to fetch a bag of balls.

If you really wanted to write off 2012, then the guy to trade would be Ellsbury. HIs value will never be higher than it is at this moment and he is not going to be worth the obscene amount of dollars he will command as an unrestricted free agent. And your idea to "give him a massive contract" simply will not fly. Ellsbury/Boras are headed towards free agency and there's not a thing you can do to stop that.

Dher ruinin my Eastah! :eek:

You're talking about trading two players who, at the current moment, would barely be able to fetch a bag of balls.

If you really wanted to write off 2012, then the guy to trade would be Ellsbury. HIs value will never be higher than it is at this moment and he is not going to be worth the obscene amount of dollars he will command as an unrestricted free agent. And your idea to "give him a massive contract" simply will not fly. Ellsbury/Boras are headed towards free agency and there's not a thing you can do to stop that.

Francona was a good manager, but he clearly had to go. I see a lot of commonalities with the Joe Torre situation for the Yankees a few years back. After a while, the students stop paying attention, and a change needs to be made. That being said, I agree that Valentine will eventually be a disaster in Boston.

The Redsox problems are their bad contracts and declining players. Beckett & Youk's talents are declining, while Crawford, Jenks, Lackey, and Dice-K's deals hurt them financially. What's that about $80+ million in deals for players that are either on the DL, or not performing very well. Serious ouch.

OT: On what basis does Ellsbury "totally deserve" a massive contract? He's played 3 full seasons, of which 1 was a superb year. I'd like to see a guy at least put together back-to-back good years before the team makes a 9-figure commitment (or whatever you deem massive).

(I'd like to see Ellsbury stay w/the Sox past 2013, btw. But just like the fanbase got overly down on him when he had broken ribs, I think people -- many of whom are probably the same people :) -- are now overly high on him. I guess that's the way of many team's fanbases, though, particularly the Sox?)

I hated the Valentine hire.. still do. I just don't like him and never have. Wish we could've kept Tito. That said.. they can't fire him now.. the other posters are right though about our pitching. It stinks, and that's not Valentines fault.

OT: On what basis does Ellsbury "totally deserve" a massive contract? He's played 3 full seasons, of which 1 was a superb year. I'd like to see a guy at least put together back-to-back good years before the team makes a 9-figure commitment (or whatever you deem massive).

(I'd like to see Ellsbury stay w/the Sox past 2013, btw. But just like the fanbase got overly down on him when he had broken ribs, I think people -- many of whom are probably the same people :) -- are now overly high on him. I guess that's the way of many team's fanbases, though, particularly the Sox?)

I would imagine the Crawford contract is ball park figure for Ellsbury.

FWIW. other than the injuries in 2010 I think Ellsbury has been a great player with the team. IF he replicates 2011 numbers this year i think he'll get huge money.
Will the club move on from him if as I believe they have another option on him for 2013?
I dunno.

Outisde of September last year Beckett had a fantastic 2011.
It all depends on how is thumb is. I have a terrible feeling his first start in Fenway will not be pretty.

He may be boo'ed from start to finish.

If he puts together some solid starts together there could an out for both parties.

Maybe the club have to pay some of his salary up to 2014?
but a messy divorce is looming there.

Last edited:
I would imagine the Crawford contract is ball park figure for Ellsbury.

FWIW. other than the injuries in 2010 I think Ellsbury has been a great player with the team. IF he replicates 2011 numbers this year i think he'll get huge money.
Will the club move on from him if as I believe they have another option on him for 2013?
I dunno.

I like Ellsbury, but he wasn't a great player in either 08 or 09.

If he repeats his 2011, then he will have put together back-to-back elite level years.

But as things stand now, he's had an ok year, a pretty good year and an excellent year, along with a year of injuries. My only point was that that profile doesn't merit a monster deal.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back