Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Well, as I'm watching the Pats/Dolphins Week 1 game from '94 (specifically the play where Bledsoe launched a beautiful pass deep and Brisby bobbles then drops the ball when he could have walked into the end zone) and watching our '94 defense get torched by Marino, I saw that NFL Classics is airing Super Bowl 38 in it's entirety on Saturday night at 8 P.M. EST. Anybody that doesn't have that as part of their DVR/TiVO collection should set it to record now.

Holy sh!t!! What a catch by Crittenden!

These are the times when I wish I had cable. I missed that game because I was working at the Holyoke Mall and it was so busy, I probably only caught a few minutes on the radio in the back-room. From everything I've seen and heard about that game, it was epic. I'd really like to see it, as it was broadcast.

Yeah I highly suggest recording it. Easily the best super bowl of the decade.

man i would have had a sickie, that sucks that you missed it.

Re-reading my post, it appears I left which game I was referring to! I was talking about the '94 opener. My bad.

As far as SB39... That was the best because I had just purchased the hdtv I have now a couple of weeks prior...what a way to see the title defense happen. I have so much random memorabilia from that season, it's stupid. My favorite is the game program my mother's friend bought for me at the game. It's probably the closest I'll come to being at a superbowl.

Yeah, this was on last fall and I recorded it on DVD. We were going to get a DVR, but when the guy came to install it, he couldn't get a good signal and said he'd need to put in another dish and the whole thing was going to cost a hundred bucks. The wife said "no way" and that was the end of that. Hopefully our house will sell soon and we won't have that problem at our new place. :)

Hi,

Today's rerun is not Super Bowl 38 ( Vs Panthers).

It is 39 which is against the Eagles..

Just scheduled it using my myth box.

mars

Last edited:
The good old days. Watching it now. Thats whats our D used to look like!!!

The good old days. Watching it now. Thats whats our D used to look like!!!

With Ty Law on the sideline no less. That was a nasty D.....

Wish I could watch. Anyone know where I can watch a live stream online?

I have seen the D make more plays behind the line of scrimage in this game than I have for the last three years combined.

It's also awesome to see Brady straight up and confident, stepping into every throw and spreading the ball around. Dillon is a monster.

:( i wish tom still had this kind of time today its a thing of beauty seeing tom play when he has more then a second before getting killed

:( i wish tom still had this kind of time today its a thing of beauty seeing tom play when he has more then a second before getting killed

So true. That O-line was picking up the blitz so well. TD Vrabes!

It's also awesome to see Brady straight up and confident, stepping into every throw and spreading the ball around. Dillon is a monster.

Brady under Center + Running Game = Excellent!

So true. That O-line was picking up the blitz so well. TD Vrabes!

Yeah they threw dawkins off like a rag doll on that one play. The offense was so diverse back then too, the receivers were running all around the field. Sigh maybe next year the play calling will imrpove :bricks:

I really miss Dillon. He strikes fear into the opponent. Taylor, Maroney, Morris... do teams ever mention them as a threat they need to prepare for?

Yeah they threw dawkins off like a rag doll on that one play. The offense was so diverse back then too, the receivers were running all around the field. Sigh maybe next year the play calling will imrpove :bricks:

Watching the Eagles / Pats Superbowl left me with the following impressions:
- every play made the defense was by someone who is no longer here (Seymour, Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin, Harrison, McGinest)
- the secondary was poor, left with a bunch of second and third stringers, even with this motley lot Harrison was able to be a field general and put people in the right positions
- great versatility, gave BB options to play 4-3, 3-4, blitz, zone, no limits to the playbook, smart players who could adjust and adapt
- same flexibility on offense, spread em out, pound the ball, screens, what ever it takes
- play calling on both sides of the ball was much more crisp and efficient
- even with all the talent the sum was greater than the whole, impressive to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back