Welcome to PatsFans.com

Fire at site of future Tenn. mosque troubles city

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Aug 30, 2010.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +33 / 12 / -2

Fire at site of future Tenn. mosque troubles city - Yahoo! News

This is a foolish act of vandalism.

The ground zero mosque debate is not going to benefit
    Muslims living in America..
  2. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

I guess the issue with the ground zero mosque isn't just that it's at ground zero.

Russell Simmons or somebody had an opinion piece in the journal last week about the issues at this mosque as well as a few others around the country (Wisconsin, not sure where else).
  3. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

I agree with Joe and Chico here. Put the two posts together and we have, in a nutshell, what the problem is with the "mosque debate". There is no debate other than how far will the ignorant fraction of the country go with this anti-muslim crap. I confess that I'm anti-Islam but I am not anti-muslim. Same way I'm anti-religion but not anti-religious. Adult, responsible people should be free to do whatever they want, even if it is bad for their health and well-being. I put religion right in there with thrill-seeking and drugs, and the vast majority of religious people do no harm to anyone.

Problem here is that someone decided that the site of the former WTC is some sort of "hallowed ground" and should forever be treated as different than the land around it. Perhaps that's exactly the way the psychopaths who did 9-11 want us to treat it. For them, "Ground Zero" actually is hallowed ground. Their deeds are religious and holy in their perverted minds. Our attention to the site agrees with their intentions, as does our national hysteria about this so-called mosque. Almost everything we have done since 9-11 has played into Bin Ladin's hands and we know it. Problem with Americans is that they can't tell the difference between honoring the dead and giving themselves a pious, self-righteous pat on the back.

I can imagine the mental acumen of the in-bred mo-rawn who thought it would be a good idea to burn construction equipment to make some kind of pro-American point. I'm sure he thought what he was doing was patriotic, but it wasn't. It was just bigoted and stupid, qualities we see too often in our under-developed culture. If I met a Muslim in Tennessee, I'd think he was one of the baddest, thick-skinned mofo's around. How hard is it to be a Muslim in Tenne-freaking-see? Just imagine all of the coffee cakes and fruit baskets their neighbors must be leaving on the door.

IMO, this act of vandalism/ small gene pool consequence demonstrates how successful the attack on 9-11 was. WTC continues to reverberate through our national conscience when we should have treated it, by now, as if it had never happened. But noooooo! Our whiny, frightened, knee-jerk mentality forces us to milk the DRAMA and do things we never would have done before it. It's childish and undisciplined. We need to grow up.
  4. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

The “Anti Muslim Crap” that you speak of is right, there is plenty of it in America today, it was all brought on by Radical Terrorist Muslims not only in America but all over this world, Terrorist Muslims like in the link below who were planning More Savagery in Amsterdam.

In order to stop and destroy all of this “Anti Muslim Crap” the millions of good Decent Muslims should start making themselves heard each and every day all over this country, they should organize and have a Rally similar to the one Glenn Beck had and similar to The Million Man March, Sharpton, Jessie and Glenn Beck know how to organize these demonstrations the American Muslims should seek their help in showing the world that they want to live in peace.

THE GOOD DECENT MUSLIM AMERICAN CITIZENS HAVE BEEN FAR TO SILENT ON THE ATTACK IN AMERICA THAT SLAUGHTERED 3000 INNOCENT UNSUSPECTING HUMAN BEINGS ON THE MORNING OF 9/11 THEY THEMSELVES COULD STOP MUCH OT THE HATE AND BIGOTRY THAT MANY AMERICANS NOW HAVE FOR THEM AND THEIR RELIGION

MEMBERS OF THEIR OWN RELIGION CAUSED ALL THIS HATE, MEMBERS OF THEIR OWN RELIGION DANCED AND SANG IN THE STREETS ALL OVER THE WORLD WHEN THE TOWERS CAME DOWN, ISN’T IT TIME THE GREAT NATION OF ISLAM STOOD UP AND CONDEMEND THE SAVAGERY THAT SOME OF THEIR OWN COMMIT ALL OVER THIS WORLD IN THE NAME OF THEIR GOD.

These Are The Muslims Problems Not The Scared Americans:
    Two Suspects on United Airlines Flight Arrested on Terror Charges in Amsterdam - ABC News
  5. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

Sure, Harry, blame the victims, not the bigots -- I expect nothing less of you
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Um, they are trying to "be heard," Harry. They're trying to build houses of worship in their very own neighborhoods.

People like Glenn Beck, Sarah Palin, you and all the rest of your self-admitted "Neo-Cons" are trying their best to stop them, remember?

If America remains hostage to the Becks and the Palins and the Harrys of the world, who won't even let them build a house of worship, what makes you think anyone will ever let a million of them march on DC?

Fer cripes sake, you don't even want a handful of them to build a mosque anywhere near Ground Zero in New York, do you really think you'd sit still for a million of them congregating in The Nation's Capital - just blocks away from "The Other Ground Zero?"
  7. khayos

khayos Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Don't forget Harry Reid and Howard Dean...
  8. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Their god is your god! Christians, jews, and muslims all follow the same god! Just because we see "the sun" during the day and spanish people see "el sol" doesn"t mean they are two different stars!

Next time you want to reference one of my posts for your idiotic rants, at least read what i post! Don't just take the first sentence and run with it without considering the rest of the post!

You don't want obama to apologize for the savagery that the us has committed in the name of our god (money) but you expect muslims who had nothing to do with 9-11 to apologize for what muslims in other countries did ten years ago?!
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  9. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Yes, that is exactly what he wants....and then he wants everyone to go home - regardless of the fact that they think they ARE home.

BTW, that was an excellent post, Wistah. Thank you.
  10. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +296 / 4 / -2

When some lunatics do something stupid, it shouldn't ever be taken as an example of what the more mainstream supporters of a cause, are all about. It's a reprehensible, and unfortunate act, but it doesn't speak for the greater majority who don't want a mosque built 2 blocks from Ground Zero. When a loon sets fire to a logging company's equipment, or a tard spray paints a statue of Mary (which was done here, where I live, just last week), it only represents the intent of the perpetrator, and not that of the majority involved.
  11. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +124 / 7 / -13

BTW Rauf turns out to be a slum lord who bought properties using gov grants, the other guy is a tax cheat. Go figure no wonder the libs are so enamored with them. ;)
  12. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 5 / -22

Orrin Hatch supports the building of the Mosque:eek::eek::eek:
  13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +332 / 1 / -9

I support a Mosque being built, but not there.
  14. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

That may very well be, RW, and I don't necessarily disagree with you.

But do you really think that all the political boo-hooing, public condemnation and general ill-will doesn't, at the very least, contribute to the bravado with which these criminals commit these stupid acts?

Do you honestly believe that people who torch Mosques, beat up cab drivers, pee on some total stranger's prayer rug and verbally harrass and threaten construction workers who look like they might be Muslim act in a vacuum?

I know you and I have had our differences in the past, and I know you think I "talk down" to people here, and for that I apologize. I'm used to being an instructor, I think, and it's more my "way" then I mean it to. I'm honestly asking here, ok? I think it would make a good discussion and I'm open to hearing any and all points of view on just what responsibility (if any) those who exhort hatred and fear might bear on actions that they, themselves, do not take.
  15. chicowalker

chicowalker Rookie

Ratings:
    +151 / 2 / -1

Yeah, no Republicans have ever done any of that, just libruls...

Any sources for those claims, btw? (jihadwatch? :) )
  16. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +180 / 5 / -22

Probably Red State... but no need to verify the source, it is often embarassing.. maybe it is Conservative News Service????
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Probably the same place that said political free speech was being denied those who wanted to post billboards critical of the mosque and the same one which said that not only was the proposed cultural center going to have a minaret which looked down on the site of The Twin Towers but it was going to hold it's grand opening on September 11.

edited to add: Ok, this particular bit of BREAKING NEWS is scattered across the rightwing blog-o-sphere. I do suggest that 13 take a few minutes from his busy reading schedule to look up the words he leaves out, possibly because he does not understand what they mean....words like "alleged," for instance.
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2010
  18. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +124 / 7 / -13

google is your friend new your papers reporting it interviews with the poor exploited tenants and everything. Daily News and NY Post IIRC.
  19. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +349 / 8 / -3

#12 Jersey

Yeah, Chico, google is your friend new

How come you didn't know that?
  20. patsfan13

Ratings:
    +124 / 7 / -13

More fun to talk about the tax cheats and slum lords we are subsidizing.